Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bring your Camper to weddings

• 24-04-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

What are peoples opinions on bringing a campervan to a wedding (as in to sleep)?

Has anyone done it before?
    If so, do you park at the hotel (any trouble doing this?) or in a nearby campsite or wild park somewhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Have done on a couple of occasions.......sometime we sleep in it sometimes we just park up and stay in hotel

Always parked in Hotel carpark without any hassle - mind you I would always ring them and ask them if its OK to park up overnight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Malta1 wrote: »
    mind you I would always ring them and ask them if its OK to park up overnight ;)

Really, and they don't mind? I would have thought the hotel would want you to book a room?

usually happy enough to get u to buy a few pints and maybe th ebreakfast the next morning;)

Rang the hotel, their policy is no campers :'(

Might just chance it anyhow or maybe find somewhere to wild park close by.

Repolho wrote: »

+1

I've done it at a wedding, parked around the corner. Some parking meters you can pay for the morning the night before if you plan on a lie-in in a pinch.
    Also few times for work in the Hotel car park as a contractor when I was due 6 hours sleep and didn't fancy rush hour in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Went to a black tie charity thing in Clontarf castle, turned a few heads when we pulled up in our t-rusty lt35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Repolho wrote: »
    Rang the hotel, their policy is no campers :'(

What did you expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

*Kol* wrote: »
    What did you expect??
    I've seen plenty camper vans parked in the hotel park at weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

I camped in the Maldron in Kilarney and the Clarion in Sligo at weddings. Didn't ask permission but nobody said anything.
    Even chanced Merrion sq one night for a party in Dublin. Thought where would be safe, decided accross from the Dail couldn't be bad.
    Mind you it was a fairly modest sized panel van conversion.
    Dont think i would chance the current 6 bert plastic yoke.

Had a couple of friends in campers for my own wedding and they asked the hotel and they didn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

What did you expect??
    If they're booked out anyway, I'd expect them to be ok with it. That's my experience anyway - although it wasn't a hotel, but they were only iffy whilst they had accomodation available. Once they were booked out, it was extra money for them (had to drop a few bob, but didn't mind as we were effectively hooked up too).

• Advertisement

Went to the wedding in the camper after all. Didn't have the nectar to park in the hotel so we parked up down the road a little bit.

Hotel still had rooms available so I can't blame them really for their no camper policy.

Have a couple more weddings this year so might try it again :-)

Empty presses, UHT milk, kettle filled with water from the bathroom, crap tv, magazine about golf courses and watches, view outside of a hotel or car park...jaysus...maybe the bar's more interesting....

My camper is way nicer than most hotels I've been in. Better facilities too for the most part. :pac:

Empty presses, UHT milk, kettle filled with water from the bathroom, crap tv, magazine about golf courses and watches, view outside of a hotel or car park...jaysus...maybe the bar's more interesting....

My camper is way nicer than most hotels I've been in. Better facilities too for the most part. :pac:

Wow. Can you post a pic of your camper?

Sorry Kol I was taking the photo and silly me I tripped over my free mini-bar and dropped the camera in the pool. :p

Sorry Kol I was taking the photo and silly me I tripped over my free mini-bar and dropped the camera in the pool. :p

No probs. :)

No probs. :)

Jaysus, I thought the CCTV System in your van was good enough to capture a few "stills" from??

Advertisement