Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2000 Impreza Rear Light Unit

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

There's a small (5mm square) hole in the brake light section of the passenger side rear light unit that's failing the the NCT. Any ideas on how I might be able to repair (resin?) it or where I could get an original light unit?

It's for a year 2000 Impreza Turbo.

Thanks,
    ct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

Try this lad he is a trader on ISDC, his name is Jamie and his number is <snip> he is located in castledermot co.kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

u can get lense tape in most motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

As far as I know you only have to stop white light getting through, so you could block the hole with something like a washer. Now is your chance to invent something!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 555

Thanks for the ideas. The hole happened about 4 years ago. Covering it with a small bit of red electrical tape usually hasn't been a problem and it has passed the NCT - this time it hasn't. I might try the lens tape and see if it gets me a pass. I really don't want to have to stump up for a new light module.

Cheers!

Advertisement