Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clutch replaced now oil leak within a week

• 08-07-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Clutch changed last week on Nissan micra. Just noticed this evening that there is a small oil leak when car is parked up towards front of car . ( noticed under car)
    Garage rang this evening message left .
    How serious is this ? Is it safe to drive? Can I drive it we'll say to garage which will have to be after work. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

compare the leaking oil to the oil on your dipstick, same colour / smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

The only seals the garage would have disturbed when doing the clutch would of been the driveshaft seals. Not necessarily the garages fault sometimes the seals leak after they have been disturbed or one of them may have been damaged while installing the shafts. could be from somewhere entirely different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Thanks all .
    Seal went on gear box . This was reason for leak . Mechanic I took car explained it / showed me exactly as you did . All sorted now though . First mechanic still on the missing list / sun - sea and automobiles ....

Advertisement