Participant packs - ideas? - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2012, 19:37   #16
Atomic Pineapple

Link to word doc for anyone that has time to improve it

http://www.mediafire.com/?pwj8i90c9mm57h6
Advertisement
07-02-2012, 22:07   #17
Quazzie
Subscriber

Draff when I went to open that Avast flashed up that it blocked a Trojan horse.
07-02-2012, 23:22   #18
Atomic Pineapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
Draff when I went to open that Avast flashed up that it blocked a Trojan horse.
Try this instead

http://www.donalrafferty.com/atwr_brochure.zip
Thanks from:
08-02-2012, 09:25   #19
jenizzle

I haven't done a whole lot with it, just tidied up the fonts and changed the odd spelling! I think a small Barretstown logo would look nice on the front, might faff about with that. I shall print out a copy or two, to see how it looks on paper

http://www.mediafire.com/?0hmmlas4c8v4q45
(2) thanks from:
08-02-2012, 12:05   #20
Atomic Pineapple

Much nicer and cleaner!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-02-2012, 12:38   #21
Quazzie
Subscriber

draff, where did you get the 2012 logo?
08-02-2012, 12:46   #22
Atomic Pineapple

Quote:
draff, where did you get the 2012 logo?
Done it myself, its pretty poor up close though, wouldn't be usable on stickers or anything like that
Thanks from:
08-02-2012, 13:04   #23
Quazzie
Subscriber

One small reservation. On the first page 'All the way round 2012' at the top of the page looks a bit... boring. Is there anything that can be done to make this stand out more?

Is it possible to have it in a similar font as used on the logo?
08-02-2012, 13:41   #24
jenizzle

Or maybe make the logo bigger so that the other writing isn't needed at all?
Advertisement
15-02-2012, 22:58   #25
Dr Galen
I'm a real doctor I swears

Hey lads and lasses, great to see this happening again this year. Fair play to you all

Just a few questions I had, might help in the planning.

I know a few people have said that they might be able to help with printing of different materials. I don't know if thats because they are working in that industry or they just have big printers in work. Have you thought about approaching the like of Snap with an offer of some branding for them, in return for the printing needs? If you got a deal like that, then potentially you could look at lots of posters etc, that could be stuck up in places like garages, petrol stations and the like. Help spread the word, both for potential participants and sponsors

Getting SEAT on board is brilliant. Hats off to whoever organised that. How does affect your ability to attract other corporate type sponsors? Is this something you have looked at before?

I know you have here, FB and Twitter as contact points for people. Seeing as this is something that is more than just a flash in the pan, have you given though to a simple website? I'd be pretty sure that across boards.ie there would be someone/a few people who would be handy with something simple like Wordpress that could knock up something simple for you. That would definitely add a little weight to what you are doing, both for any corporate sponsors or individuals looking to get involved in some way. It would also give you (the organisers) personalised emails, which look great when sending out "official" emails, and other functions could be added into the site pretty simply which could help you out.

There are other things that I could suggest, but I honestly wouldn't want to seem like some sort of arse, making suggestions etc and then bogging off. I am more than happy to lend a hand with anything that needed doing, or helping to see if anything I suggested might be a runner. I would have certain contacts that I can poke, and I've been working in marketing for quite some time now. If you think I can help, feel free to drop me a PM or whatever.

I doubt I'd be taking part, dunno if my X-Trail would be an ideal motor tbh but who knows Time yet for a rush of blood to the head!
(3) thanks from:
15-02-2012, 23:16   #26
Quazzie
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Galen View Post
Hey lads and lasses, great to see this happening again this year. Fair play to you all
Thanks. Its always nice to hear words of encouragement

Quote:
Just a few questions I had, might help in the planning.

I know a few people have said that they might be able to help with printing of different materials. I don't know if thats because they are working in that industry or they just have big printers in work. Have you thought about approaching the like of Snap with an offer of some branding for them, in return for the printing needs? If you got a deal like that, then potentially you could look at lots of posters etc, that could be stuck up in places like garages, petrol stations and the like. Help spread the word, both for potential participants and sponsors
The first year, we've paid for it out of our own pockets. It hasn't been huge money so we just split the costs evenly. Last year we had Tallon print them up for free in work, because he had a proper printer available to him at the time. This unfortunately lead to delays in both printing, and also in distribution afterwards.

This year we are going back to Snap because we want to be sure that we get it on time, and be on top of the cards right from the start. I had considered sponsorship, but didn't the first year as the cost was so low, this year though its definitely an option we'll be considering.

As for putting posters up, we haven't really looked into that. I'm not sure where exactly we'd put them. The benefit of online media is that we can link to our mycharity page, or to the forum where people can donate or find out more. A poster doesn't really give us that option. I would like to throw up some posters in the towns where we know we'll be stopping overnight though to see can we get any support.

Quote:
Getting SEAT on board is brilliant. Hats off to whoever organised that. How does affect your ability to attract other corporate type sponsors? Is this something you have looked at before?
So far the deal is that they will supply us with some cars for the event, and will also assist in advertisement and promotion for the event. The latter is where we've been lacking in recent years. We've had good exposure thanks to boards, and some exposure thanks to participants facebook pages etc, but very little in terms of national coverage which hopefully Seat will offer. There are no restrictions on other deals being put in place, although I'm assuming we'd have to stay away from other car manufacturers.

Btw its all down to EPM that the Seat deal was put in place so massive credit is due to him on this behalf.
Quote:
I know you have here, FB and Twitter as contact points for people. Seeing as this is something that is more than just a flash in the pan, have you given though to a simple website? I'd be pretty sure that across boards.ie there would be someone/a few people who would be handy with something simple like Wordpress that could knock up something simple for you. That would definitely add a little weight to what you are doing, both for any corporate sponsors or individuals looking to get involved in some way. It would also give you (the organisers) personalised emails, which look great when sending out "official" emails, and other functions could be added into the site pretty simply which could help you out.
All that is in place, but just temporarily disabled while we change hosting. www.allthewayround.org is the website, and although its small, it has all the essential info and links. We also have the official e-mails, although with a slight change of organisers that's going to have to be retweeked. Thanks for reminding me
Quote:
There are other things that I could suggest, but I honestly wouldn't want to seem like some sort of arse, making suggestions etc and then bogging off. I am more than happy to lend a hand with anything that needed doing, or helping to see if anything I suggested might be a runner. I would have certain contacts that I can poke, and I've been working in marketing for quite some time now. If you think I can help, feel free to drop me a PM or whatever.
We'll always accept any help that'd offered to us. With three main guys doing it, we certainly won't be turning down any offers of help.
Quote:
I doubt I'd be taking part, dunno if my X-Trail would be an ideal motor tbh but who knows Time yet for a rush of blood to the head!
I wouldn't write off the X-trail just yet. It certainly wouldn't be the worst/slowest/oldest car to take on the event. What we pride ourselves on particularly on ATWR is that we are an event that can be taken on by anyone that has a drivers license and a road legal car.
Thanks from:
24-02-2012, 01:46   #27
Quazzie
Subscriber

If anyone here is handy with Photoshop can you PM me as I need a hand with something.
24-02-2012, 12:41   #28
Atomic Pineapple

Quote:
If anyone here is handy with Photoshop can you PM me as I need a hand with something.
Send me on the details, I'll have time tomorrow night to give it a try.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion