Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic dog license prank

• 21-01-2014 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Enjoy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

Richard Ceann, haha brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Where's the funny? Or are we supposed to believe that isn't staged? I did give up after 2 minutes, mind, so maybe it did improve drastically after that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Ficheall wrote: »
    Where's the funny? Or are we supposed to believe that isn't staged? I did give up after 2 minutes, mind, so maybe it did improve drastically after that...

you're funny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i think it is brilliant,
    and i know a good few older lads who would have the same response to being asked about their dog licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Oh sweet jebus my sides are sore. I heard that the morning they first played it. Priceless. They did another one with the same man looking for poitin for greyhounds as well. That's going back a bit now 15 yrs I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

there was a guy not far from me, this story was retold to me by his relative, and many many yrs ago the garda had to go around asking people to present their dog licences
    the garda came to his door
    but as the garda was coming up the path the guys dog followed him up the path and was standing behind the garda,
    garda asked him if he had a dog licence,
    and he told him that he did not own a dog,
    the garda was looking down at the dog at his own heels and the guy asked the garda, is that your dog guard?
    the garda turned fast on his heels as he did not want to be seen enjoying the response,

that is a fact,

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

is it staged?

goat2 wrote: »
    there was a guy not far from me, this story was retold to me by his relative, and many many yrs ago the garda had to go around asking people to present their dog licences
    the garda came to his door
    but as the garda was coming up the path the guys dog followed him up the path and was standing behind the garda,
    garda asked him if he had a dog licence,
    and he told him that he did not own a dog,
    the garda was looking down at the dog at his own heels and the guy asked the garda, is that your dog guard?
    the garda turned fast on his heels as he did not want to be seen enjoying the response,

that is a fact,
    I know of a true story where a man had a white dog and would would put black shoe polish on him and claim it was not his dog at all buit a stray "my dog is white"

WayneScott wrote: »
    is it staged?

nope

nope
    it is very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Fake.
    The accent on the "farmer" is put on (it slips a few times), and the question and response times are far too rapid for two unknowns speaking for the first time.

mikom wrote: »
    Fake.
    The accent on the "farmer" is put on (it slips a few times), and the question and response times are far too rapid for two unknowns speaking for the first time.

nope. it is real.

Advertisement