Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolution [NBC - US] [* Spoilers *]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lost and V actress Elisabeth Mitchell cast in Revolution, pretty big casting scoop:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/30/elizabeth-mitchell-revolution/

don ramo wrote: »
    you are aware washing machines were invented at some point, so before they were people had other ways of washing clothes, they also had other ways to iron clothes without electricity, having electricity just makes it easier, not impossible,

it will be interesting to see how they go about things,

That they did. My post was a joke about how clean everyone looks, pretty sure that people living in a world depicted in the trailer would not look like they've just stepped out of a commercial for the Gap. It reminds me of the farmers in the Magnificent. Seven, all of whose clothes is whiter than white even after a days work. Its was a stipulation of the government that the clothes appear as such before they woukd agree to let the studio film there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

sink wrote: »
    This is going to require a massive suspension of disbelief.
    I think it might just be a bit too big for me. It makes no sense at all. Why not just have an energy crisis instead? All the oil / fossil fuels are gone. It wouldn't make my brain want to cry.

TVLine's preview/take on the pilot....to sum, has potential, but the next 2/3 eps. will decide it's fate. Major suspension of disbelief + just accept the premise required:

http://tvline.com/2012/07/06/fall-tv-preview-revolution-nbc/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looks good to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

TVLine's preview/take on the pilot....to sum, has potential, but the next 2/3 eps. will decide it's fate. Major suspension of disbelief + just accept the premise required:[/url]

Sounds like classic JJ Abrams then?

"we have the answers"....lol, infamous last words touted by several showrunners in the last 3 years from failed genre shows:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/14/revolution-comic-con/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/14/revolution-abrams-interview/

Casting news:

An actor from NBC’s Harry’s Law has found refuge on the network’s new fall action drama Revolution.

The J.J. Abrams-produced series has cast Derek Webster in a recurring role as Nicholas. He’s a strong rebel leader who faces off against Billy Burke’s character Miles, who’s on the run from a militia.

Webster has also appeared in FX’s Damages and the 1994 film version of Stargate. He joins another recent cast addition to the show, Lost‘s Elizabeth Mitchell. Revolution goes 15 years into the future of America after a blackout has wiped out all electronics. The series premieres Monday, Sept. 17 at 10 p.m. on NBC

www.ew.com

Another flippin trailer :rolleyes: i feel like i've seen the pilot already, they keep rehashing the same bloody footage! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So they replaced your one from Rescue Me with Elisabeth Mitchell then?

NBC will premiere the Pilot of Revolution on September 4th via it's online assets.

You can guarantee webrips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

so are there many people gonna watch the advanced pilot thats on tonight, or are they gonna wait 2 weeks till the proper air date,

id say im gonna have to watch it, this is probably the show im most looking forward to seeing, not looking forward to a 3 week wait for episode 2 though:(,

just posted on facebook thats it on the NBC site now, damn geoblocking, i really need to educate myself:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The pilot is in the wild now....

I watched it on NBC earlier this evening but it had a jerky framerate and was full of combing artifacts so I couldn't really get into it. Whoever is running their web stream site hasn't got a clue how to deinterlace properly.

I watched it on NBC earlier this evening but it had a jerky framerate and was full of combing artifacts so I couldn't really get into it. Whoever is running their web stream site hasn't got a clue how to deinterlace properly.
    christ youd make a terrible american :p

I watched it on Hulu and it was fine. Region blocked though, used a VPN.

just watched the pilot, must say i enjoyed it, itll be interesting to see how things unfold, and i hope
    charlie meets her mother soon (blatantly obvious shes still alive, seeing as they recast the role with Elizabeth Mitchell), also the end was very good having the mongrol republic leader being an ex soldier that served with nate, i wonder how long before that google guy gives up the device,

hard to tell from the pilot how the show will progress, and how it will get on ratings wise, id say if it can perform a bit better than terra nova did itll survive

should we use spoiler tags for this, or should we wait for the actual premier

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say keep using spoiler tags until after the 17th....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Enjoyed that seems like it has some legs on it and id really love to see a new sci fi show get past the first season
    It was incredibly obvious, to me anyway, that the monroe guy was the friend from the car and they kind of gave it away when the brother said "he thinks my brother told me why the lights went out". I dunno maybe its just im one of the Lost generation of viewers but showrunners need to try a bit harder at twists these days imo
    The bit at the end however i did not see coming, a localised wireless power source? pretty cool and the idea that theres a secret network going on will hopefully make this alot more interesting as up until that point i couldnt really see how far they could take it apart from making it a constant fugitive series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Daaaaamn! The daughter looks like a Victoria's Secrets model.
    Quite enjoyed the pilot, and can't wait to see how it progresses.

Tell me this much: Is there any indication - at all - that there will be a reasonable explanation as to why electricity no longer works? That would explain why the universe doesn't begin to collapse? Because it's one fundamental hurdle I'm finding it difficult to even begin with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

agreed; the show looks like it might have potential, and as a Dr. Who fan I should be more than capable of accepting bullplop science, but the premise of this is so outrageously stupid & illogical it's simply just too large to ignore

pixelburp wrote: »
    agreed; the show looks like it might have potential, and as a Dr. Who fan I should be more than capable of accepting bullplop science, but the premise of this is so outrageously stupid & illogical it's simply just too large to ignore
    Indeed. I can accept "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" - the difference is that this reversal isn't the premise of the show itself. Accepting this "electricity doesn't work" is important because it's central to the show whereas the Doctor's utter nonsense at times is merely a means to an end.

pixelburp wrote: »
    to take a shot in the dark, maybe it could be some sort of solar event that fried all the hardware and left residual effects not allowing them to be restored, maybe that device emits some kind of reversing effects to whats happened, and maybe the people that are communicating with each other are at some kind of lab trying to mass produce the reversal effect of what happened so that everyone will get power back at once,

i cant see whats after happening being a man made event, it has to be some kind of natural event, as yerman said physics was turned on its head, maybe select people were privy to what was about to happen and given a way to communicate with each other, so they could find a solution,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bleh.... mix of Terra Nova and The Hunger Games, and American TV studios need to stop this fascination with post-apocalyptic world's.

And considering it was directed by Jon Favreau - it all felt a tad lifeless. Not one interesting character in the bunch either - not even Fring could save it! :(

Will keep watching a few more, but yeah... if this was one of the better pilots of the year, we're in for a poor season!

I liked it anyway! The physics aspect of it is slightly annoying but I'm hoping they come up with something that's not too crazy, solar flare/EMP is all I can think of. Some electrical stuff works anyway with the help of that magic locket thing.

Found this pretty accurate review on Reddit
    First of all the second this show begins the dad walks in and is all like, "omg apocalypse!" 30 seconds later without any kind of suspense or buildup and the world goes to hell. Of course we barely see any of that.

Then about 5 minutes later were on a farm and theres no setup there either except some kid having an asthma attack and the Los Pollos Hermanos guy from Breaking Bad shows up and some stuff happens and suddenly the show turns into the Lord of the ****ing Rings and they set off to Chicago which is apparently a 5 mile walk and every suburb for 50 miles has turned into cleared grassland or forest in 15 years time.

So they show up in Fallout Chicago where theres about 20 people left which I guess helps because the 1st person they talk to just happens to be the one guy they were looking for and he is a ninja because he was in the marines or something and all marines are master swordsmen.

Then some black nurse lady has a Pentium 4 running DOS and a lightbulb that gets its power from a magic medallion.")

The End. 2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What bothered me was that people barely remember Google after 15 years, yet a "Charmin" reference made perfect sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Sounds an interesting plot, and given the Supernatural TV links hope it reaches here.

Advertisement