Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Payment

• 23-12-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

I went to the PO today to collect my JSB payment which I usually collect on a Wednesday, only to be told there was no payment there for me, but confirmed it was due today.

Ive tried ringing my local SW office for last few hours but no answer. I wonder are they shut for xmas?

Is there any other number I can phone to query my problem?

Also over a month ago I received a letter for means testing, filled it out and returned it and heard nothing since.

Is it possible there would be a delay in my switch over from JSB to JSA, and this is why i received no payment today? I imagine since i returned the form over a month ago that it would be sorted by now?

What usually is the process from switching fron JSB to JSA? IS all you have to do complete and return the form or is there more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

no payments today, you should have gotten double last week and then you get paid again next week.

sw dont answer phones afaik.

office should be open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Are you sure? My understanding from reading thread on x mas payments was double payment last week, single this week and nothing next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

its double last week , none this week and back to normal next week ,

Thanks for the replies folks, very much appreciated. I dont understand though, according to this should I not be paid this week and no payment next week?

ll customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 13 December, 2010. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 20 December 2010 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payment(s) that week.

Payments due for collection on Monday 27 December 2010 may be collected from Tuesday 21 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Tuesday 28 December 2010may be collected from Wednesday 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Wednesday 29 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 23 December 2010 with the exception of Back to Work and Disability Allowance Payments which can be collected from Wednesday, 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection Thursday 30 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 30 December 2010.

Payments due for Friday 31 December 2010 and Monday 3 January 2011 may be collected from Friday 31 December 2010.

Normal payment dates will resume from Tuesday 4 January 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

ft9 wrote: »
    I went to the PO today to collect my JSB payment which I usually collect on a Wednesday, only to be told there was no payment there for me, but confirmed it was due today.

Ive tried ringing my local SW office for last few hours but no answer. I wonder are they shut for xmas?

Is there any other number I can phone to query my problem?

Also over a month ago I received a letter for means testing, filled it out and returned it and heard nothing since.

Is it possible there would be a delay in my switch over from JSB to JSA, and this is why i received no payment today? I imagine since i returned the form over a month ago that it would be sorted by now?

What usually is the process from switching fron JSB to JSA? IS all you have to do complete and return the form or is there more?

There is more. You would have to produce bank statements and be visited at home by social welfare inspector and produce evidence of ongoing jobsearch. You should follow up with the SW office asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

Are you sure? My understanding from reading thread on x mas payments was double payment last week, single this week and nothing next week?

I feel your pain Bro, well similar pain. I'm on JSA and my understanding was of the same as yours. I got my double last week & spent it straight away paying bills & buying f***ing presents, all the time thinking I was getting paid again this week. Now I'm flat broke. Bad buzz, but it could be worse I suppose

Tell me about it! But does it not clearly state above that we should have been paid today

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

if you havent been told that your claim has been processed, could be a long wait. nearly 1/2 million unemployed..u really should have followed this up before christmas. Feel sorry for u getting no payment.have u been in touch with the community welfare office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

Tell me about it! But does it not clearly state above that we should have been paid today

I dunno man, on re-reading it, I think (unfortunately) it states quite the opposite. So it looks like no cash until the 30th. Happy Christmas all the same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah next payment day is the 30th.the double was last week.

• Advertisement

yes the double was last week, my friend signed on the same day as me during the year and he got double last week and payment today....

As to I should have followed it up before now, I was sent a means test, I completed it and returned it, what more can i do? Surely the ball is in their court now.

Advertisement