Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting dole from a different PO/ or different method

• 17-12-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am due to collect my dole next wednesday from my local post office. Today I have gone home to my home town which is in a different area and I plan to stay here for xmas. Now where I usually stay and the post office where I collect my dole is about an hours drive. My intention was to just go down and collect it on the Wednesday. I am now concerned though with the way the weather is it could be difficult to drive down just to get my dole.

I am wondering is it possible to collect it from a different post office (in my home town where I am for xmas) or to pay it into your account. Is there any rules for when you can't make your usual post office collection?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jameskil

i have the same problem and cant get through to the offices. did you find out? I know that previously I was unable to collect so it was held in the post office for 3 days (until close of business friday after the wednesday you are due to collect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Unfortunately there is no mechanism to temporarily switch payment temporarily to a different post office. Technically you should have applied for holiday pay for the duration that you planned to be away from your usual address.

Your payments may be kept in your original post office for a little while longer than usual ( this happened during the earlier period of snow). Otherwise you will have to wait for the payments to be returned from the post office - this can take up to three weeks. The payment will then be re-issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭henke

jameskil wrote: »
    i have the same problem and cant get through to the offices. did you find out? I know that previously I was unable to collect so it was held in the post office for 3 days (until close of business friday after the wednesday you are due to collect).
    Fortunately for me I managed to get down to the post office today to collect the payment as the roads weren't as bad as earlier in the week.

Looks like there isn't such a facility to switch PO as uoluol has said. I would follow the advice he has given. Sorry I can't be of further help.

Advertisement