Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ep. 2 was pretty good, it put in a nice red herring at the end....though i don't belive
    Jenna
    is sending the text messages. Ratings wise...doing very well, 100% retention of audience:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/16/abc-family%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cpretty-little-liars%E2%80%9D-bucks-the-trend-retaining-100-of-its-premiere-audience/54409

Pretty Little Liars (8pm)
    - 2.476 million viewers
    - 1.6/3 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 1.7/6 W18-34
    - 3.5/14 T12-17

There was a sequence in Ep. 2 that i thought was shot very well, when Aria is standing in the rain and her teacher picked her up in the car, i just thought that whole sequence was done very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Yes a summer show I am going to enjoy!

Very good pilot and 2nd episode.........Gossip Girl has not got a patch on it!

Looking forward to the next episode already!

Thanks ABC for this summer beauty!
    :D

^ thus far i like Aria the best, Lucy Hale is by far the best actress of the four girls, Spencer is growing on me also. I've NO idea about the books....but it appears PLL had an established fanbase to begin with, if ratings continue the trend i suspect ABC Family will order another 10 episodes, they usually decide things around Ep. 5-6 into the current 10 Ep. run.

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Yes a summer show I am going to enjoy!

Very good pilot and 2nd episode.........Gossip Girl has not got a patch on it!

Looking forward to the next episode already!

Thanks ABC for this summer beauty!
    :D

^ you did know that The CW was offered the show in 2005? ;)

• Advertisement

Not a bad ep. "To Kill A Mocking Girl", but not much arc progression. I am more and more falling for Spencer (Troian Bellisario), she dosen't wear much makeup and is just naturally pretty, she's not a stunning looking girl...but she has a certain quality to her.

I just feel she's gonna be the real star of the show, she has a famous daddy in real life, anyone remember Bellisario from the end credits of many 80's tv shows?....his daughter, nepotism alive and well in Hollywood.

Anyways, it was ok but i'd like a bit more "juice", plots and twists etc. - bit more arc info, the text messages from A- are a pretty good idea, it works well.

Lets see how ep. 3 does in the ratings.

Wow!...total viewers rose to 2.7M....impressive, but the BIG thing is the advertiser/18-34 women demo....it shot up from a 1.7. last week to 2.3 this week!, massive improvement:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/23/%E2%80%9Cpretty-little-liars%E2%80%9D-hits-series-highs-in-total-viewers/55182

Pretty Little Liars (6/22/2010)
    - 2.740 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49
    - 2.3/8 W18-34
    - 3.6/15 T12-17

Finals added. If ratings trend continues, it'll soon be ABC Family's most succssful show ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭CluelessGirl

Love this show!

The girls in it are just stunning!

No waiting around, dragging out the story lines.......delves right in!

Lets hope it keeps its momentum! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Black Eye Guy

Awesome show, it is pretty girlie but it still has enough of a good story to keep it going.

Love the awesome phones their using and phone services, each one different, nice product placement, lol.

And Bianca Lawson is looking crazy young, like allot younger then she does in the stuff she's been in before, she's like 30 playing a teen, but actually looks the part!

Ep. 4 has a few shockers in store, if you belive the online blurb :-)

And Bianca Lawson is looking crazy young, like allot younger then she does in the stuff she's been in before, she's like 30 playing a teen, but actually looks the part!

Yeah I know she looks amazing......she played Emily Bennet in the Vampire Diaries.....I knew I recognised her!

Is this a 13 episode season, does anyone know?
    Yeah I know she looks amazing......she played Emily Bennet in the Vampire Diaries.....I knew I recognised her!

Yeah I recognized her from Buffy, which took me forever to remember who she was as she looks completely different, lol

10 ep. order usually from ABCF, what normally happens is (depending on ratings) ABCF order a further 10 episodes and it's broadcast in January 2011. Tonights ep. should be pretty good.

PLL was picked up for a full 22 episode season,

Awesome news, hope they didn't plan to wrap in 10 episodes and now pull it out!

^ awesome news!....i have a feeling this show will keep growing over the Summer, lets see how Huge performs in the ratings.

Nah, they filmed 10 and probably ended on a cliffhanger, as such it'll continue.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/28/abc-family-orders-12-additional-episodes-of-pretty-little-liars/55552

Another solid ep. with some nce little "A-" shockers along the way :-)

Also liked the scenes and subtext with Aria and her teacher, discussing To Kill A Mocking Bird, the subtext of that convo was rather good. Spencer and hot English guy....chemistry people....genuine onscreen chemistry!

That English dude, he was in a movie i very mauch enjoyed called Whirly Girl....try check it out if you can!, anyways ratings, ahem....the Twlight effect, tweens off of the movies:

Pretty Little Liars
    - 2.088 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 1.6/6 W18-34
    - 3.1/13 T12-17

Numbers should go up next week.

Ep. 5 promo/spoliers "Reality Bites me"

And the producers have said they won't follow the books, as in who the killer is or who A- is, i bet they'll throw up red herrings all over the place. And in like a season finale we'll *think* they find out who A- is....and right at the end, boom!....another text message, lol.

But they have to drag this one out, you can't reveal the killer in season one, what would we do for other seasons?, so sit back and son't worry about who A- is :-)

Ep. 5 - solid, -A is really starting to make trouble for the girls!, Aria and her teacher love seems at an end (until next weeks ep. i bet), Emily is going for that scruffy looking guy?....i thought she "liked" girls?

Spencer, she looks mighty hot in her tennis outfit!, it's between her and Aria for hottest PLL girl, but i think Spencer just wins out...she's got this look about her, bet she can be a right saucy minx! :-)

PLL is still keeping me interested, we're at the halfway point now...lets see where it goes.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a239665/boneta-teases-little-liars-romance.html

• Advertisement

PLL contines it's ratings bonanza: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/08/pretty-little-liars-continues-its-summer-hot-streak/56507

Pretty Little Liars
    - 2.624 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49
    - 2.2/7 W18-34
    - 3.6/14 T12-17

ABCFamily wrote: »
    Hi, Richard! Glad to see that you’re liking Pretty Little Liars – thank you so much for all your support! Have you seen any sneak peeks for next week’s episode yet? If not, here’s the first look photo gallery and some video clips from next week’s episode, which is called “There’s No Place Like Homecoming.” Do you have any predictions on who A is?

Yeah, PPL is entertaining to watch but i'm still a huge fan of MIOBI. Hopefully when it moves to Tuesdays next week ratings go up, PLL as it's lead in should hopefully garner more viewers.

I watch Secret Life but i'm not a fan per se, i'll watch it but it's a total cheesefest!, can't wait for Greek to return!....most well written and acted ABCF show by far.

Huge, i'm not sold on it tbh....but i'll continue to watch, i think with PLL ABCF have a big hit on there hands, it's attracted a large fanbase already...as for -A, lol...i won't speculate, the producers will throw that many names into the mix it's best just to see how it all pans out.

Hopefully it'll end PROPERLY and not a Kyle XY debacle :rolleyes: - cut midseason with everything left up in the air.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode!

Emily is hot!

Richard what is MIOBI........think thats it!!!!:D

Really need a good show to watch!

^ what the?....Make It Or Break It: http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/make-it-break-it

Give it a shot!..."i'll knock your fake tan off" ..LOL!

Thanks for that Richard.....I am going to watch a few episodes of it now......just found your thread on it so I will post on it there.

Thanks again. :)

."i'll knock your fake tan off" ..LOL!

I like that.....a new one for me to use! ;)

I like that.....a new one for me to use! ;)

OK, how exactly would you work that into a conversaton? ;)

OK, how exactly would you work that into a conversaton? ;)

If I am having an argument with one of the girls and feel like I am losing it.....I will throw it in as diversion!

I hope there are more of them to look forward too!

Thanks again.

Must get started with SEASON ONE!:D

^ Lauren is the uber backstabber...love her though!, Payson is the cutie you root for. Emily is the girl next door, Kaley is driven.

• Advertisement

^ Neil Jackson is doing fine job on MIOBI...he's the best actor by far, he guest starred in a few episodes of Flash Forward this year as well, though Peri Gilpin is also very good as Payson's mom, i think the adults stories are just as good as the kids, kinda like The OC in that regard.

Lauren and Carter won't last, he loves Kaylie still me thinks...as for Sasha and Summer, meh...not that interested, be more interesting if he hooked up with his arch nemesis Ellen Beals :-)

F. Hossain:

If you could give any insight as to why Ellen Beals hates Sasha, because it doesn’t seem just professional. It seems a little personal.
    Neil Jackson:

I think that they were lovers in a former life and he jilted her. No, I don’t know. I have no idea why. I don’t know if if she’s a man-hater. I don’t know what it is. She’s a real stickler for the rules.

^ ha!..i knew it!, i knew there ws more to Sasha and Ellen (Michelle Clunie)....Neil let that slip out, hope the writers explore this a bit in the new season.

Interview with Laura Leighton from PLL: http://thestarscoop.com/2010/laura-leighton.php

Advertisement