Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Count1 wrote: »
    Sounds like the first will solve my issues if/when I try out the tank. At least it shows the Omega wont become obsolete the moment I shell out about £110 sterling plus postage!

Thanks for the reply mewso. have you tried the Omega btw? I see a few posters using the Provari but (personally) I cant get past its less than appealing looks!:eek:

No I did love the Silver Bullet but it died on me last year some time. I prefer a side button and I'm not willing to spend that much cash on the Omega to see if the push down method would suit me. In any case I got the Medalodon for free (won in raffle on uk vapers) and that suits me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Esel wrote: »
    How do the irishvapers e-cigs compare with the Joye ones? Anyone any experiences / recommendations?

I have good news for guys who wants to buy a starter kit from http://www.irishvapers.ie/10-e-cigarettes
    They have massive 35% discount :eek: on all starter kits until Friday 17th of June.
    Discount code is: ECIG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Opit wrote: »
    I have good news for guys who wants to buy a starter kit from http://www.irishvapers.ie/10-e-cigarettes
    They have massive 35% discount :eek: on all starter kits until Friday 17th of June.
    Discount code is: ECIG :D
    Thanks for that!

Of their 5 kits, which would you recommend?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

Of their 5 kits, which would you recommend?

http://www.irishvapers.ie/e-cigarettes/21-iv510-deluxe.html this one for light smokers.
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/e-cigarettes/20-iv510ego-650-mah.html this is probably RIVA 510 style ecig so should be good. For about 25 euro after discount you can't go wrong. With this battery you can use all types of atomizers like mega eGo, eGo-T A and B, 510, 510-T, 510 cartomizers (also LR) etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMP3qFLzrcY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

It could be a sign that your atty is on its way out or maybe it might just need a bit of cleaning.

You could try boiling it for about 5 minutes, sometimes i find this helps.

Where are you buying your juices from and what flavour are they?

I find Menthol gives me the best hit and taste but this can vary from vendor to vendor.

I'll try that thanks,iv cleaned it out in hot water and with some vodka allready :rolleyes:

I got 3 juices from StrictlyEJuice, some caramel apple,butterscotch and pineapple

i never liked the menthol anologs so doubt id like the juice eather.

I was looking on thebestshop.eu

This is a std Joye atty for the ego-t i think ?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/atomizers/joye-ego-t-a-mega-atomizer/prod_164.html

This is a LR Joye atty for the ego-t ?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/atomizers/joye-ego-t-a-lr-mega-atomizer/prod_175.html

But then this one had me stumpt :confused:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/ego-mega-low-resistance-atomizer/prod_151.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The one that has you stumped is a 510 or eGo mega atty (LR version). They need mega cartridges but other than that work the same way as their smaller brother, the standard 510 just take more liquid because of the bigger cartridge. I still quite like them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Stealthirl wrote: »

i never liked the menthol anologs so doubt id like the juice eather.

I wouldn't have smoked a menthol analogue, would have tried teabags first ( I know more than me have tried it when stuck!!!)

If you are looking for an all day vape I think mentol is the best. I have tried quite a few liquids but its menthol from morning to night and if I am bored I will try something different for a tank full then go back.

If you want to PM me your address I will send you some menthol to try.

Regards

Theblueirish

One thing I will say is be careful about recommending flavours etc. This time last year I would have said try menthol as it was all I vaped for a while but now all I vape is tobacco flavours. What you prefer to vape will often change and we are all different but with regards to menthol I would say don't let the fact that you wouldn't have smoked menthol cigarettes stop you as I would have been the same but found it a great vape. Reliable throat hit and there is a good variety of menthols out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

The menthol out of the best shop is good to vape now and again, a bit strong for my taste buds though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

132.JPG

133.JPG

134.JPG

135.JPG

137.JPG

Ok guys here is the method I used to attach a tank to an original old style ego atty.
    First take off the plastic cap from the bottom of your tank - use a 0.33mm drill and enlarge the center hole until it will fit down over the atomizer - place a small amount of wick material over the hole and press down over the atomizer - the intention is to leave the wick material down in the atomizer on top of the heating element - this may take a bit of trail and error - withdraw the tank fill with eliquid and enjoy some great vaping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭Esel

sndwr4 wrote: »
    - use a 0.33mm drill ...
    Presume you meant 3.3mm? An odd size either way - 1/8" would be closest?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Say I get 0mg nicotine juice, will it be like smoking Silk Cut Ultra or something or will it be exactly the same but just with no nicotine? Cheers.[/QUOTE]

ok this is my first time discussing e-cigarettes on the board. I've been off the smokes 3 weeks now and doin great thanks to e-cigs.
    As to nicotine content have to say that i haven't noticed a big difference between different concentrations.Am even smoking a 0mg watermelon one and not a bother. Am sure other people have different experience!

oh by the way, how many of us vapers are out there u reckon? haven't seen a lot of people out on the streets or in pubs smoking e-cigs !

And have u ever tried smoking e-cigs in pubs? if so, what was the management's reaction?
    cause i still feel awkward vaping in pubs .

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

tkavan wrote: »
    oh by the way, how many of us vapers are out there u reckon? haven't seen a lot of people out on the streets or in pubs smoking e-cigs !

And have u ever tried smoking e-cigs in pubs? if so, what was the management's reaction?
    cause i still feel awkward vaping in pubs .

I havent had any problems in any of the pubs Ive been in. Normally you get a few people staring and eventually asking what it is. Ive even given a couple of websites to people asking where to get them. The only place Ive been stopped was in a weatherspoons in Manchester, in fairness the bouncers didnt know or hadnt heard of e-cigs before, nor was there a policy. One of the bouncers took a vape to try it out, but still wouldnt let me vape inside.

ah that sounds good. But I wonder if people need to ask permission from management before vaping in pubs! cause a friend told me that his sister got into trouble over them and eventually had to go outside pub to vape :(

campaign for vaping in pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

I have been vaping in many different Pubs for the past 7 months - I do feel it is best to inform the owner first that it is not a Tobacco product.
    Incidentally on a recent trip to Tenerife on Aer Lingus - I asked if it was ok to vape and the answer was a resounding YES.

That's all good news :) Thanks 4 the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

I'm going to be product testing a 3.7v mod which is due to arrive in the next few days! Whilst I am by no means the "expert" on vaping, I hope to be able to give an honest assessment of the product over the course of the next few weeks if anyone is interested. I've seen a photo so far and it looks pretty bloody good so i cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Hello all,

Got my eGo T xl and a couple of bottles of e liquid from thebestshop.

I'm new to this and I managed to overfill the tank, after some help from Bart both my atty's work perfectly. Now I'm getting big throat hits - really fantastic service and after sales care from bestshop.

The e liquid I bought was RY4 and Green USA mix, finding both a little too sweet though. What's available in the Irish stores that most closely resembles the taste of a real cigarette?

Are all e liquids this sweet?

Cheers

mrplop wrote: »

No but plenty do. Joye Tobacco is not quite as sweet as some of the standards liquids. Some of the Liberty Flights tobaccos are more woody/smokey than other tobacco liquids. Winston is a good example and with Liberty Flights you can grab a few 5ml liquids if you wish to sample them. One thing you'll have to accept right now though is you won't find anything that matches the real thing. Trust me though a few months down the line if you stick with it you'll prefer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

just started this morning after purchasing yesterday. Was going to order the lot online but someone got in there with the business and has his shop in town -- www.tomclop.fr

very impressed so far

mrplop wrote: »
    Hello all,

Got my eGo T xl and a couple of bottles of e liquid from thebestshop.

I'm new to this and I managed to overfill the tank, after some help from Bart both my atty's work perfectly. Now I'm getting big throat hits - really fantastic service and after sales care from bestshop.

The e liquid I bought was RY4 and Green USA mix, finding both a little too sweet though. What's available in the Irish stores that most closely resembles the taste of a real cigarette?

Cheers
    You may try small bottles of Premium Virginia, Winston or Tobacco.
    The truth is that you have to find your own favorite flavor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Guinea pig report: http://www.sklep.e-cigar.pl

I guess it's back to the drawing board (well kind of), I got my Joyetech Tobacco flavour this morning, it has a darker tincture than the vapour store Joye tobacco.

While the liquid seems to have the same consistency in terms of quality - vape and throat hit levels are the same, this stuff has a sweet lingering after taste, almost between caramel and raspberry. I imagine this is what RY4 tastes like based on descriptions I've read.

In summary it's very similar yet slightly different. I'm half way through a cart now and I must say its growing on me the more I vape.

http://www.joyetech.com/ProductsView.Asp?id=54

There you can see their entire range - looks like the vapour store is the same as the bottle on the bottom right, and what I received looks like the same tincture as the 3rd bottle in from the bottom left row.

Triple Edit - I'm actually very happy now, was a bit meh at first as the day has gone one I'm enjoying more and more. Will be sticking with these guys until I can find the exact same one from the vapour store.

Ok I am just wondering, am I one of a few that use flavoured e-liquid like watermelon, apple and chocolate! Do most people use tobacco flavoured ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

When I got my first starter kit I ordered B&H flavour but gave most of it away.
    I use Menthol 99% of the time with an odd tank of rum/mint/cola/ etc.

On a plus note the Vaping forum is now being considered.
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    24 + votes.

which is 1 short of the quota to be considered. however , being a person that has attepmted "vaping" (for some reason the term "vapist" doesnt sit right :D ) and seeign as I'm also a user of boards I'd like ot add my +1.

thats 25, I'll pass it along to the admins/cmods/mods for discussion and decision.

LoLth

Have a 30 ml bottle of menthol if anyone is interested in swapping. Just tried a drop from it and have 2 say menthol is not 4 me. The only downside is that it's 0mg but hey sometimes it's not bad taking a break from nicotine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I hav 30ml bottles of grape and caramel (16ml strength), also various 20 ml bottles of tobacco flavours, I think the B&H is 26mg, the rest are 18mg strength.
    PM if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

tkavan wrote: »
    Ok I am just e-liquid like watermelon, apple and chocolate! Do most people use tobacco flavoured ones?

I don't know what most people like, but you'll find all sorts of flavours around this house.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'm starting to stock pile liquids i'm not really using if anyone wants to try them out.

10ml Coffee, Chocolate, Virginia. 30ml VG Camal, I also have a bunch of 510 Cartridges is anyone wants to swap for Ego-T Mega or standard, or some liquids perhaps. (think I have around 20)

• Advertisement

Thanks Noreen...pm sent;)

Advertisement