Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dog Crate? Where's a good place to find one?

• 20-10-2008 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

I have a 55lb Greyhound I need to take to the states. None of us have a crate big enough, or sturdy enough to trust to an airline. Does anyone have a lead on where I can get one affordably?
    Obliged,

Wes Keller

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Something like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

I got a nice handy one in Argos! I think the biggest one was 100euros?
    Its a metal crate like and it should be pretty safe. Check them out anyway and see what ya think. Im sure they may have them on show on their website?
    Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭molly(",)

http://www.hagen.com/uk/dogs/addinfo/petcargo.cfm im not sure but i always thought it had to be airline approved ?? not just a wire crate ?? i bought one of these in a pet shop it was on half price and think they still are are u around dublin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

molly(",) wrote: »
    http://www.hagen.com/uk/dogs/addinfo/petcargo.cfm im not sure but i always thought it had to be airline approved ?? not just a wire crate ?? i bought one of these in a pet shop it was on half price and think they still are are u around dublin??

Thanks for the responses guys! I am around Dublin. Whereabouts are they located?

Obliged,

Wes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭molly(",)

at newlands cross ... number is 4592013 !!not sure which size dey have bt i got one a few weeks ago wit 50 % off !! n if ur around that area and newlands dont have them try 4595550 its a smaller pet shop down the road hope dat helps !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

molly(",) wrote: »

they do indeed need to be airline approved :) Hagan are stocked in most pet shops afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

Try www.zooplus.ie they have them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It must be airline approved, is it Vari kennel or something some of them are called. If you can't find one perhaps a local pet shop or vet shop might be able to order you one in

Advertisement