Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket bike - Specific brands? experience?

• 07-04-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking one of these would be abit of fun.

Alot of them are v. expensive I'm sure but I have a "budget" budget.

Are the cheaper ones good and what brands are good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i had a 49cc repsol honda replica pocket bike that i got off of ebay about 4 years, was great craic for the summer there were a few of them on my road. its a quiet enough estate but these things are seriously loud, a high pitched wail!

we used them on the st annes rc track but it wasnt great.

think i paid about 180 euro for mine, which was cheap at the time. it was a cag2 two or something, which was a later model.

they have to be tightened after every use as the vibrations lossen everything.

and u really need somewhere decent like a kart track or something.

would you think of getting a pit bike. miniature dirt bike, they look the part and the decent ones go up to 125cc.. would love one of them myself.

the thumpstar are meant to be the best, quite dear though.

http://www.monstermoto.ie/pages/sx%20obrian.htm

they look pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

My-self and 20 odd on the Irishbikerforum ordered them last year, went up to city west at night to ride them around. Was great fun.

Till the pull cord broke on mine.... To lazy to fix has been sitting in the front room collecting dust. No side firings anymore as I took them off and chuked them in the bin lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

What's the actual differnece between a mini moto and a pocketbike.

Hey Sutty, if your interested if offloading can you post some more information and a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

What's the actual differnece between a mini moto and a pocketbike.

Hey Sutty, if your interested if offloading can you post some more information and a picture.

There's no difference, tis just a name some people call them.

Mine is a 49cc (cant remember the HP I think it is a low one 2-5 kinda thing)
    Was an Alice ducati model but as I said I got rid of the sides. Tis a 2 stroke engine and loud as feck as said above. But is great fun!
    Dont have a pic at the moment. Will do one later. As said the pull cord snapped so a replacement pull cord and housing for it is needed. (parts are cheap sometime like 30 euro) I remember doing up a budget of €130 to kit it out will all the high spec stuff. But never got a round to it. Already has a High airflow air filter on it.

Advertisement