Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic insurance??

• 11-04-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello Guys,
    Just wanna ask how to know if the bike can insured as classic bike??? and which insurance company recognise it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The bike must be fifteen years old (or older) since it's first registration.
    I believe all the insurance companies go by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

they make me say i have an alarm/three years no claims and a full lisence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Carole Nash do it and thats what policy I am using at the moment. A 93 Blade or Gizr 750 is considered a classic with them but not with Aon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Afaik only Carole Nash have a classic policy available. I have it also and as said, bike(s) must be 15 years old BUT NOT FROM DATE IF FIRST REGISTRATION, example: Bike first registered on 31st December 1990 would qualify for classic insurance on 1st January 2005...14 years and 1 day after first registration!

You must be over 25 and hold a full licence (and 1 years NCB but in my case this was partly on a provisional and partly on full).

Only certain HIGH RISK bikes are required to have a Thatcham alarm installed. One of my 3 bikes on the policy requires this, the other two don't. Pretty much all sports bikes will be considered high risk and will require a thatcham alarm.

You also need a shed! They will not quote if you don't have a shed/garage so living in a terrace or apartment block may eliminate the possibility of cheap insurance.....and it is very cheap compared to modern policies depending on what age you are and what bike(s) are insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

yeah my gixer is €350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭Zico

Aye pretty sure it's just Carole Nash

Advertisement