Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

laptop deal..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For 350 you can't really go wrong - very basic but functional for what you've described.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nah, wouldn't touch it.

It only has USA 2.0 ports, not USB 2.0. ;)

Seriously, can't go wrong for €350.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Cool - thanks for that. I don't have a clue what to look for so just wanted to make sure it would cover what I need it for..

This may be a silly question, but I presume it would have a hard drive big enough to take MS Office and Adobe Photoshop if I were to load them onto it?

Cheers again

hot fuss wrote:
    Cool - thanks for that. I don't have a clue what to look for so just wanted to make sure it would cover what I need it for..

This may be a silly question, but I presume it would have a hard drive big enough to take MS Office and Adobe Photoshop if I were to load them onto it?

Cheers again

With 80GB, you could install them both several times on it :)

hot fuss wrote:

It will, as Myth said, but Photoshop aint gonna' be pretty on it - it's only a Celeron M chip, so it won't be the fastest.

• Advertisement

Someone had mentioned me to that the celeron chips don't have the best rep alright.

It seems too good a bargain to turn down though.. might just chance it! I would only use the really basic stuff in Photoshop anyway.

Thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I think I had this laptop and as far I know it only has one speaker. This bugged me, so I returned mine. Otherwise, I would have kept it. The screen was nice and bright and that's a big plus with any laptop.

hot fuss wrote:
    Someone had mentioned me to that the celeron chips don't have the best rep alright.

Let's just clear that misconception up right now. :)

They are designed to be cheap and cheerful, they are aimed at the lowest, cheapest laptops out there. They are a budget processor.

Saying they have a bad rep is just silly. It's all relative. You wouldn't run a banking system on them, but you could surf Boards.ie on them. Horses for courses, really.

All laptops gone from Dunnes by 11.02. So bloody annoying - they must have opened early. Feck them anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

is it only in henry st, these laptops are/were being sold??

at 350....there's gotta be a catch.....could be hooky:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement