Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Long-ish but silly question

• 21-03-2005 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

If you had to pick a job that would be totally shíte and uninteresting to you apart from one silly redeeming feature, what would it be?

I'd work in a bakery so I could shout "foccacia, comin' atcha" at customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Id be a grizzled new york detective so i could say stuff like 'YOU'RE OFF THE CASE, SCHAFFALITZKY!!' and 'The DA's been ridin my ass about this case all week!'

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

i'd be a supervillian
    the dentail plan is great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Deadwing wrote:
    Id be a grizzled new york detective so i could say stuff like 'YOU'RE OFF THE CASE, SCHAFFALITZKY!!' and 'The DA's been ridin my ass about this case all week!'

Ooh, ooh! I'd be a hardened bitter cop whom nobody will work with because I'm a loose cannon, specifically so I could say things like "You want my badge? HERE'S MY DAMN BADGE. YOU CAN SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, CHIEF!" and "I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd work in a diner and wear a tacky pink diner outfit and say "More piiieeee, hun?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yes, please, a beef one this time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Sarky wrote:
    Ooh, ooh! I'd be a hardened bitter cop whom nobody will work with because I'm a loose cannon, specifically so I could say things like "You want my badge? HERE'S MY DAMN BADGE. YOU CAN SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, CHIEF!" and "I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t..."

lmfao..i wonder how many times danny glover said that in the course of the lethal weapon series :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I'd like to work on a pirate ship, big beard, saber at the side, arrr me harties and all that, more specifically I would love to be up in the birds nest thingy as a spotter

Shipp ahoy maties arrrrrrrrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

I'd like a rubbish job in a fish processing factory purely for the simple pleasure of annoying everyone on the bus home with my piscine scent.

I'd like a rubbish job in a fish processing factory purely for the simple pleasure of annoying everyone on the bus home with my piscine scent.

Personel experience with this one, worked in a fish Processing Factory when I was a nipper during the summer hols, and also get to smell some of that pisscent a few days during the week as some woman who get on my bus at balbriggan hum of the harbour.. :rolleyes:

Personel experience with this one, worked in a fish Processing Factory when I was a nipper during the summer hols, and also get to smell some of that pisscent a few days during the week as some woman who get on my bus at balbriggan hum of the harbour.. :rolleyes:
    Me too. I handled fish professionally during my year out. It was great, getting up at 5am and cycling down the docks in the freezing cold. I've half a mind to quit my IT job and go back there.

Incidentally, during my fishy stint my radio alarm would put Radio 1 on at 5am every day. And every day the same song was on, i.e. the Fat Boy Slim remix of Wildchild's 'Renegade Master'. For months.

Who the fvck wants to listen to that at 5am? Every day. (or at all)

• Advertisement

Me too. I handled fish professionally during my year out. It was great, getting up at 5am and cycling down the docks in the freezing cold. I've half a mind to quit my IT job and go back there.

Incidentally, during my fishy stint my radio alarm would put Radio 1 on at 5am every day. And every day the same song was on, i.e. the Fat Boy Slim remix of Wildchild's 'Renegade Master'. For months.

Who the fvck wants to listen to that at 5am? Every day. (or at all)

Radio 1 you say, we had feckin Athlantic 252 (nasty) Vanilla Ice was the flavor of the day back then (shoowing me age),, tailing prwns, filleting cod to that, poor ould hands are still sore

Radio 1 you say, we had feckin Athlantic 252 (nasty) Vanilla Ice was the flavor of the day back then (shoowing me age),, tailing prwns, filleting cod to that, poor ould hands are still sore
    My brother used to listen to Atlantic 252 (he thinks he likes dance music, but doesn't know what real dance music is!). I still know all the words to 'Ice Ice Baby'!

My brother used to listen to Atlantic 252 (he thinks he likes dance music, but doesn't know what real dance music is!). I still know all the words to 'Ice Ice Baby'!

Another one that was played to death on it !" take me dancing naked in the rain, Feel it...................."
    Can't recall who recorded the original dance version but it was a classic, would love to hear it again

Another one that was played to death on it !" take me dancing naked in the rain, Feel it...................."
    Can't recall who recorded the original dance version but it was a classic, would love to hear it again
    I remember it, it was by Blue Pearl. Rubbish, it was (and is).

Just to remain on topic, I'd like to be a jizz-mopper in a local dancing ladies establishment. While the job itself wouldn't be the best, walking down the street and eyeballing people who you'd seen at work, pumping their fist, would be quite good.

I remember it, it was by Blue Pearl. Rubbish, it was (and is).

Just to remain on topic, I'd like to be a jizz-mopper in a local dancing ladies establishment. While the job itself wouldn't be the best, walking down the street and eyeballing people who you'd seen at work, pumping their fist, would be quite good.
    Although you'd have to first go through the trauma of seeing blokes who you live near tossing off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'd love to work in a sex shop and collect hundreds of crazy anecdontes with which to entertain my friends at dinner parties....oh wait I already did :D

But I'd also love to be a magician's assistant, purely for the spangly dresses!

I'd love to work in a sex shop and collect hundreds of crazy anecdontes with which to entertain my friends at dinner parties....oh wait I already did :D

But I'd also love to be a magician's assistant, purely for the spangly dresses!
    Did you really work in a sex shop???

Do people actually buy those rubber arse and fanny things. I imagine having sex with one of those is a bit weird.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

yes I did but it was a fairly tame sex shop we didn't stock those items...we did sell viynl sheets though....that creeped me out enough, plus the 70 yr old man looking for a quiet vibrator!

Vinyl sheets! What for, bed-wetters or rimming?

Advertisement