Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I'll do backup for Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 25 slang61

I will be the back up for Dublin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

i can do backup for mayo:) so is the camera en route somewhere now? ooh exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭dryadssaddle

I'll take Clare if ya like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

foto joe wrote: »
    You've got Meath, moved msnixon to their other choice of Dublin.

Ah grand! Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ah grand! Nice one.

I'll go back up for GITR if he can''t make it. -Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

I'll take that as an order of preference so :p... will put you down for Antrim and backup for Armagh and Down. If you want that changed let me know!

If two new people go for boardsie or backup for either of those counties I'll move them in front... hoping to get a different person for each county! ;)

I'd like to take Down or Armagh please, in that order! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'll back back up Meath and Louth if the other 4 can't do it!

Has the camera left yet?
    Is there a particular order you want to send the camera around in?
    Maybe the result could go into the Boards Yearbook :o

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I'l pick up Cavan if thats good with everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Uh oh, I can't edit the list anymore! Turns out you can't edit posts after 48hrs! :(

I'll get onto the mods and see if an exception can be made.... otherwise I'll need to repost the list every two days which could be messy.

• Advertisement

I'll update the table here and get the mods to edit it back into the first post every so often....

County|Boardsie|Backup|Status
    Antrim|dreamer_ire
    Armagh| |dreamer_ire
    Carlow|rameire|kwalshe
    Cavan|YourName|kgpixels
    Clare|dryadssaddle
    Cork|Winnieacre
    Derry||homer_simpson
    Donegal|homer_simpson
    Down|ems_12|dreamer_ire
    Dublin|m_s_nixon|slang61
    Fermanagh|
    Galway|foto joe||
    camera_icon.gif
    Kerry||Winnieacre
    Kildare|Tallon
    Kilkenny|
    Laois|
    Leitrim|storm2811
    Limerick|Berkut
    Longford|Scamp-
    Louth|Deleted User|sNarah
    Mayo|artyeva|breadbin
    Meath|GhostInTheRuins|pullandbang
    Monaghan|kgpixels
    Offaly||Tallon
    Roscommon|
    Sligo|dakar
    Tipperary|
    Tyrone||homer_simpson
    Waterford|YeGods
    Westmeath|humberklog
    Wexford|Morrisseeee
    Wicklow|xia

sNarah wrote: »
    Has the camera left yet?
    Is there a particular order you want to send the camera around in?
    Maybe the result could go into the Boards Yearbook :o

Nope hasn't left yet, just finised final year exams so can sort this now!
    The order doesn't matter. Yeah would be nice to have in the yearbook if you can think of a format to present it!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Might aswell start with the capital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    Might aswell start with the capital :)

mayo it is so;)

was thinking what if instead of posting it you physically handed it to the next county at the border like? seems crazy but if it didn't work last time with post, might not be a bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

breadbin wrote: »
    mayo it is so;)

was thinking what if instead of posting it you physically handed it to the next county at the border like? seems crazy but if it didn't work last time with post, might not be a bad idea?

Nice idea but sounds messy to me and will also probably slow things down trying to sort dates that suit people etc. Just my 2c worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

mayo it is so;)

:eek::eek::eek:

can_of_worms.jpg

doesn't make much sense to me. i sure as hell ain't gonna drive all the way to sligo/galway/roscommon when i can just drive the few miles to the post office ;)

if everyone holds up their end of the bargain and doesn't hog the camera for a month/loose it/allow their pet to eat it - then it'll work.

Nope hasn't left yet, just finised final year exams so can sort this now!
    The order doesn't matter. Yeah would be nice to have in the yearbook if you can think of a format to present it!

Any updates?
    I do think that the person who has the camera, should leave a wee note here when and to who it has been posted, the next person can leave a note to say "yeah got it" and another one when dispatched again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

We could centralise the return and send position. As in: (take this for e.g) I post the camera out, when the person's done then they then send it back to me. I then come on here to find out who wnats it next and send it out them. They then send it back to me...and do this 31 times.

One person sending and recieving would work best I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

humberklog wrote: »
    We could centralise the return and send position. As in: (take this for e.g) I post the camera out, when the person's done then they then send it back to me. I then come on here to find out who wnats it next and send it out them. They then send it back to me...and do this 31 times.

One person sending and recieving would work best I think.

That's basically doubling the number(cost) of postages though, and consequentially of course increasing the chances of the camera getting lost or damaged in transit.

enda1 wrote: »
    That's basically doubling the number(cost) of postages though, and consequentially of course increasing the chances of the camera getting lost or damaged in transit.

But a better chance of it actually working this time...priceless.

It's a thow away camera, it won't get damaged.

• Advertisement

But a beeter chance of it actually working this time...priceless.

It's a thow away camera, it won't get damaged.

But how-so?

If there is gonna be one unreliable person in the chain, it will still screw it all up, regardless if they were supposed to send it to you or to another person.

It just increases the cost of the activity, the time it will take and the chances of it all going wrong in my opinion.

But then again I am not involved so whatever you guys want!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

That would thirty-oneuple the postage costs for the organiser?
    (rather than double :) )

But how-so?

If there is gonna be one unreliable person in the chain, it will still screw it all up, regardless if they were supposed to send it to you or to another person.

It just increases the cost of the activity, the time it will take and the chances of it all going wrong in my opinion.

But then again I am not involved so whatever you guys want!

That's nice of you, thanks.

Ok gang! We got the go ahead to discuss an idea to see if we can make it happen.

Thanks again Enda.

Nisio wrote: »
    That would thirty-oneuple the postage costs for the organiser?
    (rather than double :) )

Well it'd be the mannerly thing to fling a few stamps in with it when posting back to GCHQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I could do kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I could do Tipperary if its not taken?

That's nice of you, thanks.

Ok gang! We got the go ahead to discuss an idea to see if we make make it happen.

Thanks again Enda.

Huh.

I was only trying to help by pointing out the logical fallacy.

No need to act the dick.

I was only trying to help by pointing out the logical fallacy.

32 hands of people from the internet on the one steering wheel doesn't, hasn't and won't work. It's not the first time this has been attempted.

31 people from the internet in the back of the van and one hand on the steering might.

It does bump the cost but that would be the cost of doing it as opposed to it not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

32 hands of people from the internet on the one steering wheel doesn't, hasn't and won't work. It's not the first time this has been attempted.

31 people from the internet in the back of the van and one hand on the steering might.

It does bump the cost but that would be the cost of doing it as opposed to it not happening.

I think the fact that's going to cost a lot of money, We should just trust that each person will forward the camera?

• Advertisement

Humber has a point (logistically wise), I agree with that, but like Ricky said, it will increase the cost.
    Anyho, I don't care either way, I just want this thing to get going! :o

Advertisement