Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Bubs took her first steps today :D

Aw congrats wee A :):):). Can I ask how did it happen? Did she just get up and do it herself ? I reckon CR is going to bypass the crawling and go straight to the walking by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Aw congrats wee A :):):). Can I ask how did it happen? Did she just get up and do it herself ? I reckon CR is going to bypass the crawling and go straight to the walking by the looks of things.

She was standing at her cot, I could see she was about to take her hand off n stand unaided so I sat a little bit away from her and beckoned her over! Then a few minutes later, she did the same to my mam! :)

She was standing at her cot, I could see she was about to take her hand off n stand unaided so I sat a little bit away from her and beckoned her over! Then a few minutes later, she did the same to my mam! :)

What a clever little girl. There will be no stopping her now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Congrats Lou its so surreal to watch been that we grew them gave birth then rared them to that point.. I forget its not as big a deal for other people and expect them to be as excited

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Bubs took her first steps today :D

Woohoo, Go A!!!! Saoirse is nearly there. She is attempting to stand without help, she got herself up from a sitting position to standing with no help yesterday :D Then plopped down and awaited her applause :D

• Advertisement

Squeezing the life out of her teddy as she drifts off to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

3 yr old explaining to me very seriously that we can call people we don't know "Mister" because they are a Mystery (Or Mister-E as she pronouces it.)

pwurple wrote: »
    3 yr old explaining to me very seriously that we can call people we don't know "Mister" because they are a Mystery (Or Mister-E as she pronouces it.)

Lol, that actually makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭chellyry

My little man picks random names for people in shops/on the street and shouts "Hi Tom", "Well Pat", "How are you John?". The funniest one lately was when he asked someone "Why isn't your name Pat? It should be Pat. I like the name Pat. Pat's a lovely name" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yesterday I downloaded an app to my iPad called Tiny Piano and you can select a song (ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star etc.) and when you tap the piano on screen, the song plays.

I was sitting on the bed with my boyfriend's son (20 months) and he was playing the piano and I started singing along. He was looking at me with the cutest little face and when I finished, he clapped and said "Yay!!!".

Usually we clap for him when he does something good so it was nice to know that he appreciated my musical prowess. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lol, that actually makes sense :)

Oh yeah, she has the world figured out alright. ;)

Today, she tells me that the new baby is getting much bigger, so I need to go to the shop and buy another one for my tummy quickly! because otherwise I will have no baby to play with when this one grows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

My 5 year old says in the voice of an old man.
    "Im an old old man. My ears are old, my teeth are old, my skin is old. Im f**kin f**ked!"

Holding bubs upstairs before I put her in the cot for the night, I've started giving her Eskimo kisses. She loves them n I love love seeing her little cheeks forming into a smile in the dark and seeing her eyes sparkling back at me. She took her soother put tonight n start talking and then put it back in and I'm going to allow myself to think she was saying "I love you mammy" :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oh I LOVE eskimo. We have eskimo ticklefests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Just done feeding my 4 month old and her brother watching me wind her comes over to help me and while rubbing her back she burps.. The look of shock and then silence and out of no where smiles and says "uh oh" followed by "all gone"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Brought teh kids away for a few days and we were in teh swimming pool.There was an aqua areobics class taking place.My son who is 4 1/2 joined in.He came over to tell me had kicked himself in the arse.i couldnt stop laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

"Dad I was under there"

"Under where son?" Says I looking around

"Ah ha ha you said underwear dad"

I had to chuckle......not sure rest of croke park found it funny

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Me to our 2.5 year old: oh you ate most of your dinner. Well done. I'm very proud of you.
    Me to my OH: I finished the peas.
    2.5 year old to me: Very proud of you mama

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Being the kitchen goddess that I am, my Sunday roast set the smoke alarm off.

Cue two year old pelting into the kitchen all excited, shouting "dinner's ready!" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Being the kitchen goddess that I am, my Sunday roast set the smoke alarm off.

Cue two year old pelting into the kitchen all excited, shouting "dinner's ready!" :rolleyes:
    our 2year 10month at the drop of a hat will ask for all the food he likes in one go, cheese sandwich, chippies with dipdip, chicken curry,waffles, fishfingers, sauages, pizza, pastapesto,noodle soup & roast potatoes, he cant manage cucumber but says something that sounds like it though. it makes me & mrs bloggsie laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was visiting a relatives house the other day. I had urged the lady not to go to any bother as she has a small baby and 2older kids. Of course she had gone all out, the house was shining and a lovely feast was before us. :) I said omg this us amazing you must have been busy. She said oh no just took a minute, no bother at all. Her son piped up, but mammy all morning we were banned from kitchen as you had so much to do!!

Very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm in bed at 9.15 on a Thursday night ... and loving it! Because I've got a perfect tiny little person snoozing away beside me.

If you told me at the start of last year that I'd be a mammy by now - I'd have been horrified

But I wouldn't have known then how absolutely perfect and lovely and funny and sweet and amazing and brilliant my little boy was going to be!

He is just amazing. I can't believe how lucky I am that he is mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

We were on holidays last week and on Sunday night when we returned home I found an Argos catalogue in my 8 year old's luggage.

Me: Ruby, did you pack an Argos catalogue in your holiday bag?
    Ruby: Yes, I did mam.
    Me: Why did you do that Ruby?
    Ruby: I needed a plan b incase the holiday was boring.

Kids are so funny at times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

My son woke me up just after 6am to tell me that he got his first choice in college, so did his girlfriend, big relief all round. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Not my child and not even a funny story but the owner of the b&b I work in has the most adorable 5 year old grandchild. Today she came running into the b&b and gave me the biggest hug and then proceeded to tell me everything that had happened in her weekend. I asked her if she wanted to play games on the computer and she was delighted. I put on "Doc McStuffins" (this is a new one for me) and any time I needed to use the computer she left her game mid-play and got up no problem.

I showed her how to use the code to enter the b&b and she showed a guest how to do it and she was so proud of herself (and to be honest, so was I and I gave her a couple of euro for "working"). The next time she comes over I'm going to show her how to put plaits in her hair and she is sooooo excited.

I'm not a parent and apart from this child, I would have very little to do with children but I can see how their little achievements and the way they just chatter away without being self conscious is so endearing. I can't wait until she comes around again! :D

Minding my niece yesterday, the things she came out with!

On the way to the park, two ladies were admiring her dress. Upon leaving she goes "they like me don't they?"

On same walk, she randomly says "my mammy is gonna kill someone" I asked her who n she said "the ice cream man because he always comes at night"

N then in the park, every few minutes she'd ask me "are you thinking what I'm thinking?!"

Then today bubs and I were playing on the floor, she was standing and leaning against the chair and I could see her brain working, telling herself to take a few steps, and it was just hilarious watching her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

First people interviewed on this video are my adorbs niece & nephew at Pug Club. Nuff said :D

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/trending/six-reasons-pugs-will-rule-the-world-with-cuteness-30517479.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nikpmup wrote: »
    First people interviewed on this video are my adorbs niece & nephew at Pug Club. Nuff said :D

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/trending/six-reasons-pugs-will-rule-the-world-with-cuteness-30517479.html

Ugly.

Er, the dogs I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

My wee one year old has started to lift her hands up in the air when she wants me to lift her up for a cuddle. When she puts her arms around me and gives me a big cuddle, it just melts my heart. I just can't stop looking at her and hugging her :D

She's shuffling on her bum now, she doesn't seem to want to crawl but she follows me all over the house. Earlier when I was cooking dinner, she arrived at my feet and hugged my two legs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I hired bikes with my 6 year old daughter yesterday...after 10 minutes she said she was tired. I was a little bit cross with her as we had just set off with the bikes.

She said "is it a bad time to say sorry?"... I asked what she meant, she said "I know why you're cross but I'm tired and I don't want make you crosser"

Sure you can't be cross for long.

Today was the first time I saw her drinking a hot drink...hot chocolate in a coffee shop after 2 hours in the swimming pool.

I don't know what it is but when I saw it, I just wished she wouldn't grow older and would stay 6 forever, where she'll be innocent and never have to worry.

Advertisement