Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended TV, Film etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

There is a second Walking with Dinosaurs, I saw some of it on discovery.

There is also a show about prehistoric aquatic animals, they made a scale Mesosaur :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

With the death of Michael Crichton who was working on the 4th release, does anyone expect JP 4 to be produced?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

As corny or inaccurate as they are, I always liked the movies. It would be a shame for this one to fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Theres been rumors for ages,nothing concrete yet. There was another thread a few months back i think.

Oh,and after number 2,its nothing to do with crichton,he only did two books.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Actually this is the first JP4 thread to be posted on this forum (or dedicated Jurassic Park thread for that matter), surprisingly enough.
    If they do go about making JP4 I hope they actually go into production with a finished script. That was JP3's main problem (although there were many arguably). It was pretty much lumped together as it went along and then bang, not so much an ending, but a finish point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

There were a few alleged script leakings,the first one had alot of promise,but had tacked on super soldier dinos. Ugh. The one i read bits of was- dinos got off island. Spread throughout world. Prehistoric virus wipes out alot of the population. So its kinda post apocalyptic. Sounded good. Super soldier raptors? Pashaw i say. Pashaw ho hum.

Dino soldiers is a bit OTT. I wanna see real dinosaurs.

Nerin wrote: »
    There were a few alleged script leakings,

Yup, alleged being the key word here. A few synopsises have been thrown out. Spielberg rejected a few submissions. Certainly nothing close to a proper, let alone working script. They haven't even done out a treatment or confirmed writers.
    The last rumours I heard were that Laura Dern was signed up for it. Turns out that's an exaggeration. She merely said she might like to do another Jurassic Park film.
    There was also a wild rumour that David Lynch was going to direct, perhaps the stupidest rumour of all time TBH. I'd eat my hat if it happened.
    Spielberg awhile back said if JP4 was made he would like to see the motorbike chase scene (or at least a variation of it) from the Lost World book incorporated.

At the moment I don't think the project is even green lit any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I just recived a link for a Geology documentry series RTE produced this year. Episode 3 is all about palaontology in Ireland. Learnt a few things I never knew before. Dr Patrick Wyse Jackson also interviewed Dr Wyse Jackson is the curator of the geology museum in TCD. If you havent been its well worth a visit.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thegoldilocksworld/1185091.html

New show starting on Wednesday (21st) at 9pm on the History Channel.

Just caught the ad for it now. Paul Sereno is involved (always a good sign) and it appears to be using CG from Jurassic Fight Club.

• Advertisement

Since the show starts today taught I'd post some info to whet the appetite.

http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=Dinosaur_Secrets_Revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭katzenjammer

Thanks for the heads up! Caught it on History +1.... Poor lil baby T-Rex =[

Nano-T like a ''cheetah on steroids" , deadly!!

Good program, went a bit makey-uppy at the end though

I missed it. Will have a look online for it..

I've managed to miss both episodes so far and will miss tonght's episode due to work commitments.
    Can anyone verify if this is just Jurassic Fight Club under a different name?

Just watching it now.. It isn't, but it's re-hashing old CGI from other documentaries from what it looks like.

New show starting on National Geographic Channel, Sunday EP 8pm (not sure ehen it's showing over here). It's all about evolution and features plenty of, you guessed it, dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. The first episode relates to the link between dinosaurs and birds. Check out the official site for more info.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed?source=email_cm_20090206&email=cm

Just a quick update: Imdb have taken down their enrty for JP4. I'm guessing that means Universal have no intention of pursuing the projct any further.

On a side note, anyone see the new steel tinned Jurassic Park Trilogy boxed set? Pretty nifty. Pity I already have the one in the card case (same disks).

The ice age beasts episode is on tonight.
    Although to be perfectly honest I'll be watching David Attenborough's Nature's Great Events instead (BBC1 at the same time)

Seem familiar?
    Well, you may have seen him here:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080226-sea-monsters.html

081219-top-ten-dinosaurs-fossils_big.jpg

• Advertisement

NEXT PRIMETIME AIRING
    SUN APR 26 6PM

Only a handful have ever been found before. But none like her. Her name is Lyuba. A 1-month-old baby mammoth, she walked the tundra about 40,000 years ago and then died mysteriously. Discovered by a reindeer herder, she miraculously re-appeared on a riverbank in northwestern Siberia in 2007. She is the most perfectly preserved woolly mammoth ever discovered. And she has mesmerized the scientific world with her arrival - creating headlines across the globe. Everyone wants to know... how did she die? What can she tell us about life during the ice age and the Earth's changing climate? Will scientists be able to extract her DNA, and what secrets will it uncover?

I believe that airtime may be American so keep your eyes peeled for local listings.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/waking-the-baby-mammoth-3630/Overview#tab-Overview

on UTV

JurassicPark3logo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 caeter

and BIG was on a while ago!! :D
    what a great Easter movie lineup!!! ;):P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

Galvasean wrote: »
    on UTV

JurassicPark3logo.jpg

Have you got ITVHD? It looks really clear on the HD simulcast...only prob is that it really shows how bad the CGI is.

rkeane wrote: »
    Have you got ITVHD? It looks really clear on the HD simulcast...only prob is that it really shows how bad the CGI is.

I have yet to watch it in HD butI noticed a fair bit of patchy CGI in standard def. I'd say it looks even more obvious in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

I have yet to watch it in HD butI noticed a fair bit of patchy CGI in standard def. I'd say it looks even more obvious in HD.

Well I turned it off after about 5 minutes...I nearly **** myself at how bad the CGI was....certain old movies should never be updated to HD quality. I especially liked the scene when the man and the little fella were gliding around in the parachute....it was so obvious they were standing in front of a blue screen.

Some B movies I recommend (for comedic value).

Shark Attack 3 featuring the mighty megalodon.

And Atztec Rex (as previously recommended by Ramiro Flaky Hoe).

Hmm, could have posted in Dino LOL either...

I see our olf friend megalodon is in another movie...

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=16552

Apparently he fights a giant Octopus in this one and the Golden Gate Bridge apparently).

megashark.jpg

I see our olf friend megalodon is in another movie...

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=16552

Apparently he fights a giant Octopus in this one and the Golden Gate Bridge apparently).

megashark.jpg

The film was supposed to be in 3D but that seems to have changed. The Asylum are doing a sex comedy in 3D so expect lots of bouncing BOOBIES!!!

• Advertisement

I see Asylum have also done a reworking of The Land That Time Forgot, directed by the guy who did The Day The Earth Stopped and War of the Worlds 2.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1410205/

Anyone seen/heard anything on this? (Ramiro Flaky Hoe, I'm looking at you...)

Advertisement