Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2014: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix (NO FOOTAGE OF THE CRASH ALLOWED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

flazio wrote: »
    It's interesting because the race starts later in the day relevant to local time in order to boost European viewing figures that little bit, probably too late now but I wonder if a move back to a 1pm start time might be able to save the race.

Too late for that. FIA have to confirm race time on early on Saturday I think, and it's nearly Sunday over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

More importantly, Nigel Mansell's moustache has made a surprise comeback...

324071.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

imagejpg1_zps3a4e346f.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1830ccc6.jpg

imagejpg3_zps50f1ecc1.jpg

Early morning here and weather is not bad. Just very grey and slightly rainy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So is this typhoon going to get near Suzuka ? I was watching the CNN weather and they were saying it was hitting Japan so my question is the race in jeopardy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So is this typhoon going to get near Suzuka ? I was watching the CNN weather and they were saying it was hitting Japan so my question is the race in jeopardy ?

Latest weather forecast that I have seen for Suzuka is still showing rain from mid morning with a significant increase in intensity as the afternoon progresses.

Sunset is 5.33 so there is very little room for delays to the start or red flags.

Memories of Indy 2005 are starting to flood back - just replace tyres with typhoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Infoanon wrote: »
    Latest weather forecast that I have seen for Suzuka is still showing rain from mid morning with a significant increase in intensity as the afternoon progresses.

Sunset is 5.33 so there is very little room for delays to the start or red flags.

Memories of Indy 2005 are starting to flood back - just replace tyres with typhoon.

Is it highly likely that the race will start behind a safety car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is it highly likely that the race will start behind a safety car ?

Possibly start and finish under a safety car - thus the significance of Nicos pole.

Afaik once the leader does 2 laps its an official race, race distance < 75 % is half points , so Abu Dhabi could be worth 4 times the points from Suzuka !

7am an hour from Suzuka. Wet but not typhoony winds

imagejpg1_zps44910045.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What time/channel is the repeat on tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

antodeco wrote: »

BBC1 at 1:15 PM.

antodeco wrote: »

BBC Three, 7pm also.

Myrddin wrote: »
    You may laugh, but 7 wins to 4 speaks volumes more being honest.
    I was getting at the whole thing of Hamilton being "fastest" while Alonso is the "most complete" that gets trotted out again and again.

As for the weather and timing, I've always given out about these later starts for Asian/Aussie races. Leaves far too little wiggle room and conditions are well dodgy with the low sun at times. On top of that the race is over a bit too late for it to be worth going back to bed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm watching the 2002 race at the moment and the Honda in Fisichella's Jordan blew up while he was on his lap to take his grid position.

At least he had the t-car to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Will be real lucky if this race happens with the amount of rain around on forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

time to see what the weather looks like

hopefully not race stopping weather

edit: sounds like wet race, light at start, getting heavier after first half hour, but mightn't get too heavy till after the race, could delay travel to Russia

Fingers crossed I'm not still up at 11am with my eyes crossed trying to stay up til the end.

Fingers crossed I'm not still up at 11am with my eyes crossed trying to stay up til the end.

With the later starts they brought in for the Asian races they can't drag them out for too long before it gets dark. Race starts at 15.00 sunset is at 17.33

They managed it in I think Malaysia a few years ago :P

They managed it in I think Malaysia a few years ago :P

That wasn't too long though if I remember 45 mins or so, I was more thinking it couldn't be a Canada 2011 :pac:

• Advertisement

That wasn't too long though if I remember 45 mins or so, I was more thinking it couldn't be a Canada 2011 :pac:

I don't think anyone wants a Canada. :P Might've been China either, I can't remember for sure. I remember it was delayed a couple of times though. I ended up missing the start of the race drifting in and out of sleep. :P

Ugh, Perez slides off on his out-lap. Gonna be starting behind the Safety Car for sure now.:mad:

Already a semi-dry line just from the out-laps. Let them race without the SC!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Already a semi-dry line just from the out-laps. Let them race without the SC!

Not anymore!

**** it, let them race! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

That looks like fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

This sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Time for a nap...sure we'll wake you up when Charlie has a new re-start time.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I'm not falling for that again!

Race will be resumed at 15:25 local

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

Looks like it's drying up a bit.

Advertisement