Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dad's 60th Birthday

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,

My dad's 60th birthday is coming up and am fairly stumped on what to get him. Would appreciate any ideas. He's mad into horses and horseracing and the like and would like local history so am trying to think of something related to either of those things. Or even any unusual ideas would be very welcome also. He's not the travelling type so no foreign holidays would be suitable. Not really into gadgets, they're in the house and doesn't seem to bother using them.

Any ideas, I'd really welcome. We are having a meal for him and a bit of a surprise do but obv want to present him with something he'd enjoy or find memorable, etc.

GRMA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

LPI wrote: »
    Hi there,

My dad's 60th birthday is coming up and am fairly stumped on what to get him. Would appreciate any ideas. He's mad into horses and horseracing and the like and would like local history so am trying to think of something related to either of those things. Or even any unusual ideas would be very welcome also. He's not the travelling type so no foreign holidays would be suitable. Not really into gadgets, they're in the house and doesn't seem to bother using them.

Any ideas, I'd really welcome. We are having a meal for him and a bit of a surprise do but obv want to present him with something he'd enjoy or find memorable, etc.

GRMA

Hi LPI,
    Did you come up with something in the end?
    The only thing that springs to mind when I read horse racing, is maybe a personalised hip flask; but that's just cos my Grandad loved the horses and a nip of whiskey while he was at it :)

If he likes Local history, an alternative to luxury travelling or a break away could be a stay in one of the Irish Landmark Trust properrties: http://www.irishlandmark.com/
    If you do your homework, you might even be able to find one near a race meeting/festival.
    There is also the UK equivalent: http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/

I'm on a constant hunt for a present for my Dad, for Christmas's or Birthdays, he's impossible to buy anything interesting for.

Advertisement