Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Service from FastFit??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

-Chris- wrote: »
    I wouldn't think that talking to a crappy service adviser means your car will be worked on by a crappy mechanic, but it certainly wouldn't fill me with confidence either.

Agreed, and there are very few cases in large garages where the mechanic is the one bringing in the work, its the service manager/garage manager or whoever who's job it is to get the customers in and the greatest mechanic in the world won't have much hope of being busy if there is a moron at the counter taking phone calls.

On the other hand, in regards to subways comment: "i'm not saying that all the work they suggest is unneccesary but it sure seems like lots of cars need lots of expensive work." The simple fact is, that mostly due to most Irish motorists being completley ignorent of their cars servicing scheduals etc, there is no need to make false sales/recommendations to customers, as it is a rare occurance that you will do a full and honest inspection of a car and not find at least one thing that needs attention.

IMO always be warey of someone who can't/won't show you what needs attention and clearly explain to you why it needs attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Agreed, and there are very few cases in large garages where the mechanic is the one bringing in the work, its the service manager/garage manager or whoever who's job it is to get the customers in and the greatest mechanic in the world won't have much hope of being busy if there is a moron at the
    On the other hand, in regards to subways comment: "i'm not saying that all the work they suggest is unneccesary but it sure seems like lots of cars need lots of expensive work." The simple fact is, that mostly due to most Irish motorists being completley ignorent of their cars servicing scheduals etc, there is no need to make false sales/recommendations to customers, as it is a rare occurance that you will do a full and honest inspection of a car and not find at least one thing that needs attention.

IMO always be warey of someone who can't/won't show you what needs attention and clearly explain to you why it needs attention.

You're entitled to your opinion, if you trust this type of outfit to work on your car that's your call.
    I'm very picky about garages.

subway wrote: »
    You're entitled to your opinion, if you trust this type of outfit to work on your car that's your call.
    I'm very picky about garages.

I don't bring my car anywhere to be serviced, My opinion is coming from the other side of the fence.

Don't get me wrong though, most peoples opinions of some of these places are certainly not unfounded.

I'd love to know how many main dealers etc would be happy to invite you into the workshop and show you what they are doing to your car!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

dreddie wrote: »
    Just a quick question, Did you register for NCT shortly before getting the text from Fastfit?
    I registered for NCT yesterday, to be notified of appointment by text message as they were unable to give me an appointment by phone. A few hours later I received a text from Fastfit offering a €50 service. Suspicious?
    Sorry if this is considered off-topic.

I went for my nct on Tuesday and got the text from fastfit today. Never got one from them before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I also got this text, and recently booked an NCT:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

I just received a text from FastFit offering a service for €50.

Before I book it, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of their servicing service. I have gotten tyres there before but didn't know they had the facilities to offer full services.

What do people think? Worth a go? Or is €50 just too cheap to be worthwhile?

Just got this text. Did anyone try it or find out what it includes?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Got one of these texts a while back from Fastfit, having booked an NCT a few days previous to that.
    As indicated in the text, I sent an optout text to 51000 and thought that was the end of the matter.
    Got another text today, so called Fastfits head office asking them how they even got my number in the first place as I've never used them, and was told that my number must have been mistakenly given by one of their customers. He asked me if I wouldn't mind trying the optout text again, which he said I should get a reply from, which I didn't (didn't first time around either) and he'd try and manually remove me from the system.
    I'm not at all convinced of my number being mistakenly given by a customer, and the NCT booking may be coincidence.

Has everyone here who has received a text from them been a customer in the previous 18 months of getting the text?

If I get another text after all this, then I'll be referring the matter to the data protection commissioner(which I should probably be doing now)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

If its to good to be true you have to ask why.You can get cheap oil and filter but is it the correct grade of oil,what make is it,is it a brand name.With most cars you would service them once a year and oil is the life blood of your engine.Would you want to put cheap oil and filter into it ?

Isn't it better to buy your own preferred oil at halfords for example + filter and take to the garage? they will only charge you for the labour. Does anyone know if that will come out cheaper in the end?

rafaetha wrote: »
    Isn't it better to buy your own preferred oil at halfords for example + filter and take to the garage? they will only charge you for the labour. Does anyone know if that will come out cheaper in the end?

Just pay for the labour on what though? Changing the oil and filter alone?
    There is(read should be) alot more to a service then changing the oil and filter.

rafaetha wrote: »

Would you bring your own food into a restaurant and ask them to cook it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Not really the same. I'm sure you will deny that however.
    I supply my own parts more often than not and have never had an issue.

Never bothered with oil but can't see it being an issue for a helpful garage

'twas a tad tongue in cheek.

Bringing my own parts isn't something I'd do now, I did years ago as I used to get parts at cost price, I was working in a motor factors.

Anyone paying RRP for parts and bringing them to the mechanic to fit is saving nothing. Also if any of the parts are incorrect or faulty there is potential muddying of water regarding who pays etc.

When I did work in the factors you'd get people buying service kits etc to supply to their mechanic and asking for trade discount on it to make it worth there while, weird way to operate really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rodoherty1

Just got a spam text message from Fastfit as well.

I rang them to tell them to remove me from their system. I think I'm going to start handing out fake mobile numbers because, for whatever reason, spam text messages bug the ******g hell out of me !!

Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marklyinss

Hi all,

This is my first time posting in the Motoring threads so apologies if this is in the wrong area...

I just received a text from FastFit offering a service for €50.

Before I book it, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of their servicing service. I have gotten tyres there before but didn't know they had the facilities to offer full services.

The only concern I have (except for servicing not having been a part of their business until now, as far as I'm aware) is that it has been entirely too long since the car has had a full service - my own fault, but anything I can check myself I have and do.

What do people think? Worth a go? Or is €50 just too cheap to be worthwhile?

BTW, the car is a late 2005 Citroen C4 HDi.

Thanks in advance
    A2005 citroen c4 hdi engine requires 5 w 30 fully synthetic low saps oil this oil costs between 42 to 60 euro add in the oil filter and there's ur answer anyhow did that text not say FROM 50 Euro

Advertisement