Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Smackdown Spoilers for 29th October 2014

Options
  • 29-10-2014 12:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭

WWE Smackdown
    October 31st, 2014

-Big Show is out to start the show. Apparently they’re recording a video for Daniel Bryan in support of his comeback. Big Show announced that he’s going to need another elbow surgery, and will be out longer than expected. He gets a “YES!” chant started for the video.

(1) Nikki Bella won a Halloween Costume Battle Royal. Most of the Total Divas cast was in the match, except for Brie Bella, plus a few others. Divas Champion AJ Lee was on commentary. Paige dressed up as Summer Rae.

-Seth Rollins comes out with his Authority entourage – Kane, Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury. He talks about winning at Hell in a Cell, facing John Cena on RAW, and Randy Orton attacking him.

(2) Kane def. Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. This was a non-title match. Seth Rollins attacked Ziggler after the match and they all left the champ laying. Kane announces that Ziggler will have another match, against Seth Rollins…right now.

(3) Seth Rollins def. Dolph Ziggler. Curb stomp for the win.

(4) Ryback def. Heath Slater. Basic squash match with all of Ryback’s signature spots. Slater was celebrating Halloween, dressed up as a scarecrow.

-The Miz and Damien Mizdow come out for another segment of MizTV. There’s lots of Halloween decorations set up. Mark Henry joins them as their guest, and runs down Big Show. Big Show comes out and they start brawling. Miz and Sandow bail, and Henry puts the giant through the barricade.

(5) Los Matadores def. WWE Tag Team Champions Stardust & Goldust. Another non-title match. Stardust got distracted by El Torito.

(6) Rusev def. The Great Khali. Basic squash match. Lana and Rusev cut a promo about Sheamus and the U.S. Championship, so that looks like the next program we’re headed towards.

-Bray Wyatt is here! He comes to the ring and cuts a promo in his rocking chair. He talks about people dressing up for Halloween, trying to wear masks and escapes their lives. He calls Dean Ambrose crazy, and says he wears that mask every day. He calls them both monsters, but he held all the power at Hell in a Cell. Wyatt finishes up by saying “she still weeps for you”. Weird.

(7) Dean Ambrose def. Cesaro in a Halloween Street Fight

Source: Wrestlezone

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

4 losses in 3 days by Cesaro on a possible release week.

Time to panic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »

Time to panic

If that happens it could arguably be the biggest waste of talent ever by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Kane defeating Ziggler with no sign of interference? That's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Deadlie wrote: »
    Kane defeating Ziggler with no sign of interference? That's madness.

Would have made far more sense to have Ziggler beat Kane and then for revenge be put in a match against Rollins post-beatdown.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brendão wrote: »
    Would have made far more sense to have Ziggler beat Kane and then for revenge be put in a match against Rollins post-beatdown.

WWE, Booking, sense? What is this madness you speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Give we only have a few words, I wouldn't say its not a case of Rollins interfering. It says he attacks Dolph after the match, so it could easily be that he's there with Kane before the attack and causes a distraction.

That said, poor Dolph...gets to be associated with Cena in the top feud of the month, but only because they don't want Cena getting beaten dow on a regular basis, so have assigned Dolph to basically be his ***** for the month...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Time to panic
    Wasn't the match on Raw a no contest?
    Two things about the show: Rusev vs Sheamus-Yes please! Should be a great match and will hopefully go on for over 10 minutes at Survivor Series.
    Wyatt sounds likes he is smack bang on form on the mic. The fact that whoever wrote this was a bit weirded about by the promo is awesome. Shows Wyatt is coming back to the way he was from Survivor Series last year to Extreme Rules. Also love the new flashing images before and after his promos. Creepy as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Brendão wrote: »

You know the rule, once you become a midcard champion in WWE, you don't win matches on TV.:P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That said, poor Dolph...gets to be associated with Cena in the top feud of the month, but only because they don't want Cena getting beaten dow on a regular basis, so have assigned Dolph to basically be his ***** for the month...

Dolph has been promoted to Zack Ryder.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,990 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Kane, Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury aren't part of Team Authority at SS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I can't wait till Rusev wins he US title, I cringe at the ProAmerica promos Sheamus is going to have to cut....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    While I can't wait till Rusev wins he US title

I can't wait for him to win the title and after a solid build for months and months, place him in a big feud with Cena and have CenaWinsLOL.

Feed someone to Rusev to build him back up slightly only to have Cena completely destroy him in less than 10 minutes on a throw away match on Raw.

And I then completely look forward to reading online how the WWE are frustrated they can't create any new stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Time to panic

That would be a truly awful decision. Up there with their worst. Surely not.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That would be a truly awful decision. Up there with their worst. Surely not.

There's always TNA

18890%20-%20The_JBL_Show%20cesaro%20laughing%20smiling%20suit%20wwe.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loughc wrote: »
    I can't wait for him to win the title and after a solid build for months and months, place him in a big feud with Cena and have CenaWinsLOL.

Feed someone to Rusev to build him back up slightly only to have Cena completely destroy him in less than 10 minutes on a throw away match on Raw.

And I then completely look forward to reading online how the WWE are frustrated they can't create any new stars.

What if they use someone else, lets say Ryback.

Then it would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Kane, Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury aren't part of Team Authority at SS

Noble and Mercury would be class as part of a five man team.

Cameron dressed a Cop
    2mfck5g.jpg

Best Smackdown in ages. New feuds have freshened it up. Ambrose-Cesaro was a very strong TV brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I was saying previously about how strange it'll be hearing people chant USA in a match between Rusev and Sheamus. Laughed at how Sheamus said he was proud of the championship and all, then just drops it on the floor when he ran into the ring

And again they called Ambrose's finisher Dirty Deeds. Unless he was told to stop the other one.

Funny hearing Alicia saying "No no I'm not ready". It's bad that I think Rosa looked better in her costume than she has in a long time.

Wish they had Adam Rose dress as a hunter. Wonder if it'll be a heel turn for him with how R Truth kept pointing out how he was being upstaged by the bunny

Adam Rose becoming Leo Kruger again to chase and hunt down a bunny would be so awesome

• Advertisement

Nice of Ambrose to dress up as Sandman for Halloween.

Really enjoyed the main event, Cesaro is just too good at making others look great.

JBL was not missed.

http://gfycat.com/PotableWeakHairstreakbutterfly

Also no shame in losing a match in this way. Spoilers sometimes make it look worse than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Didn't get to say this last night but Dean Ambrose is Harry Potter

Advertisement