Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

;)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

scotchy wrote: »
    And IoS 7 will make your iphone waterproof

that sort of thing would only be done on fake batteries , speaking of which when rechargables first appeared the C and D cells were hollow with a small stubby cell not that much bigger than an AA inside them.

moral - look at the mAH rating or buy rechargables by weight. Not really a problem nowadays, but you do get the odd pack of cheap rechargables that are only half rated.

Notes on battery chemistry

Batteries for long term storage should be charged to 40%.
    (NiCAD don't mind, lead acid full charge is better )

Lithium (laptops, phones) and Lead Acid (car , alarms, ups) batteries die forever if you let them go totally flat. I think the same is true of rechargable alkaline but they are rare. So if you leave batteries check up on them every so often.

Lithium has twice the storage capacity of NiMH by weight , by volume it's about the same.

NiCAD batteries are ok with being flat. Actually it's better to let them go totally flat than forceably deep discharge them because what kills all batteries is when one of the cells goes flat and the others keep pulling current through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Kat1170

PxTHYpN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

15 doesn't work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Chet T16 wrote: »
    15 doesn't work :(

It has worked for me in the past.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    It has worked for me in the past.

I've tried twice, maybe i need a new opener!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

... or a scissors? :)

I had a really nice opener and it started slipping and I thought I needed a new one, but tightening the screw in the middle breathed new life into it.
    ... or a scissors?

I have broken 3 different scissors trying to open 3 different blister packs. I've also cut myself a few times. The tin opener does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There are some great ideas here that I haven't seen before.

http://www.glamumous.co.uk/2013/03/101-household-tips-for-every-room-in.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

7736_8615.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,980 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is it just the fact it goes both ways.
    Are those seats not common?

Mellor wrote: »
    Is it just the fact it goes both ways.
    Are those seats not common?
    The base tilts too.

very handy to configure public transport when there's a group of ye

The base tilts too.

very handy to configure public transport when there's a group of ye
    I get how they work. All the trains here in sydney have them. I was just surprised that you hadn't seen it, I assumed they were standard everywhere at this stage. Was checking I hadn't missed a hack or anything.

Not just handy for groups, also good so you can always face the way you are moving.

I get how they work. All the trains here in sydney have them. I was just surprised that you hadn't seen it, I assumed they were standard everywhere at this stage. Was checking I hadn't missed a hack or anything.

You've not used Irish public transport have you?

syklops wrote: »
    You've not used Irish public transport have you?

I've lived in Syney five years now. They were standard on trains when I got here. I thought they might have been on new Irish trains by now, if not at least on the lives of London, Paris and other cities with proper rail networks. Guess not. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've lived in Syney five years now. They were standard on trains when I got here. I thought they might have been on new Irish trains by now, if not at least on the lives of London, Paris and other cities with proper rail networks. Guess not. ;)

We have the rancid upholstery but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Hopefully not a repost.
    HBpoChV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That'd be epic on a burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Invisible Pink Unicorn

Is that Canola oil used with the egg & onion?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Is that Canola oil used with the egg & onion?
    :confused:

Possibly.
    Note that this should work with most types of cooking oil.
    And possibly Duckhams Hypergrade (but definitely not Magnatec - it will stick to the pan, rendering your non-stick pan completely and utterly sticky)
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't have any batteries at hand to test this but it looks kinda cool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

biko wrote: »

Tried a test just now; a bit inconclusive I'm afraid. (also not too scientifically carried out, though, I have to say)

biko wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's gas making the battery swell or volumatic changes with chemicals. But would depend on the composition of the battery.

this is more fun

jump to 0:30

6028_ec92_600.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

The charger on my dell xps has been the bain of my life! This is an awesome idea!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭dinneenp

How is the first one a life hack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

If you see something in costco priced at that price it wont be there next week and it wont be getting lower. so buy it now. If its not that price then you can probably come back later and it may be cheaper. pretty useful information if you use costco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Advertisement