Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yea maybe but they might not call it DL just like in 09? Where they had A7X , Mastodon ,Alice in Chains . They all played Sonisphere that year

And in '06 in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

High possibility of Bruce Springsteen playing, seeing as he is already booked for Isle of Wight, and Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

High possibility of Bruce Springsteen playing, seeing as he is already booked for Isle of Wight, and Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park!

Would be extremely excited if he played Slane just to hear this song live

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

High possibility of Bruce Springsteen playing

Whaaaatt?! :eek: Really?:)

Guess not.
    RDS Arena 17th July 2012
    Tickets on sale 1st December 2011
    http://www.aikenpromotions.com/index.php?option=com_content&catid=1&id=1201&view=article

_Lola_ wrote: »
    Whaaaatt?! :eek: Really?:)

Guess not.
    RDS Arena 17th July 2012
    Tickets on sale 1st December 2011
    http://www.aikenpromotions.com/index.php?option=com_content&catid=1&id=1201&view=article

Linky broken, methinks?? "article not found"? :confused:

• Advertisement

Linky broken, methinks?? "article not found"? :confused:

What? It was working fine this morning. Wait...Here we go again
    http://www.aikenpromotions.com/index.php?option=com_content&catid=1&id=1202&view=article

_Lola_ wrote: »
    What? It was working fine this morning. Wait...Here we go again
    http://www.aikenpromotions.com/index.php?option=com_content&catid=1&id=1202&view=article

96 yo-yo's :eek:

96 yo-yo's :eek:

:D

Well, yes. As mentioned on Springsteen topic this morning. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SterlingPrice

mcronnymc wrote: »
    At Oxegen Foo fighters said they were in the process of organising to play in Ireland very soon again, i have a feeling the were talking about Slane 2012, fingers crossed.

I set up a page on FB as a petition for Foo Fighters to play Slane if anyone's interested in "liking" it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I set up a page on FB as a petition for Foo Fighters to play Slane if anyone's interested in "liking" it... :)

I bet there have been a million attempts at that, sadly facebook campaigns never succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

karaokeman wrote: »
    I bet there have been a million attempts at that, sadly facebook campaigns never succeed.

unless you want rage against the machine as the xmas no.1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

darryn wrote: »
    unless you want rage against the machine as the xmas no.1 ;)
    Or Kings of Leon to play Slane

Or Kings of Leon to play Slane

Fcuk off.

Fcuk off.

after that I lost faith in slane

darryn wrote: »
    after that I lost faith in slane

After Robbie f**king Williams I lost faith in it. Even though I didn't go.

After Robbie f**king Williams I lost faith in it. Even though I didn't go.

he is better than kings of leon, sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Fcuk off.
    Just saying a facebook group is credited by Slane organisers of helping book KOL for last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Just saying a facebook group is credited by Slane organisers of helping book KOL for last year

I don't think so. Artists are booked on their availability and tour schedule. One concert promoter always likes to put out that message that "it's the fans that chose the line up". If it was, there's a few bookers that need to get rear view mirrors.

BrianD wrote: »
    I don't think so. Artists are booked on their availability and tour schedule. One concert promoter always likes to put out that message that "it's the fans that chose the line up". If it was, there's a few bookers that need to get rear view mirrors.

Yea i doubt they seen the facebook page and said oh yea lets get KOL . They were looking at bands that could sell out the venue and KOL have a big following over here so they were booked

Pffffffffffffft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm still very hopeful of Foo Fighters being announced for a date in July 2012.

I doubt, however, that an announcement will be made before Christmas at this stage.

I don't think they would have any problem selling it out. They would draw huge interest from both here and the UK..

I'm still very hopeful of Foo Fighters being announced for a date in July 2012.

I doubt, however, that an announcement will be made before Christmas at this stage.

I don't think they would have any problem selling it out. They would draw huge interest from both here and the UK..

Id say they wont do any big outdoor london shows next year since i think they are down to do Reading and Leeds so they might even wait till August for Slane? or announce a Irish Date . With no major headline London show it might bring a few people over to Slane for it. So if its gonna be in August then we might have to wait till closer to Feb(thats roughly when R&L announce) or they might get in before that announcement to capitalise on people not waiting to see if they play R&L.

Also if they dont go to expensive with tickets it will def help to sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deise_yid

what about the stone roses??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

deise_yid wrote: »
    what about the stone roses??????????

I reckon Stone Roses will play Oxegen if it takes place, especially as they are headlining T in the Park which always shares more or less identical line-up's with Oxegen.

If Oxegen changes format/venue, I still expect Stone Roses to play the new festival.

Foo Fighters played Oxegen last year which rules them out this year. MCD organise both Slane and Oxegen so I reckon there are thinking of putting Foo's at Slane and using Stone Roses for Oxegen as they would be a good boost to ticket sales!!!

It was also strongly rumoured that Stone Roses made an enquiry Re Slane and were told a headliner had already been booked prior to them announcing a comeback!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I wish the promoters would be brave enough to book Black Sabbath.
    Original members have reunited and will tour next year.
    Pearl Jam are also out next summer and would make a great "special guest".
    Talk of Foo Fighters entring the frey saddens me. In my opinion, they are up there with Kiss and the Beach Boys as the most over-rated bands on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

poundhound wrote: »
    I wish the promoters would be brave enough to book Black Sabbath.
    Original members have reunited and will tour next year.
    Pearl Jam are also out next summer and would make a great "special guest".
    Talk of Foo Fighters entring the frey saddens me. In my opinion, they are up there with Kiss and the Beach Boys as the most over-rated bands on earth.

Black Sabbath would not sell anywhere near 70,000 tickets so you can probably count them out

Black Sabbath would not sell anywhere near 70,000 tickets so you can probably count them out

Not on their own, but if the Download Festival did a concert here - including more bands from the line-up, you could get a decent sized crowd imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Foo's haven't announced their second leg of a european tour as of yet.

Foo's haven't announced their second leg of a european tour as of yet.

Good :D

Seriously, though - these Slane line-ups are getting waaaaay too predictable. I'd like to see Henry coming up with something a little bit different......?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

A reformed Guns N Roses. How's that for unpredictable :D

I'm only joking btw!

Advertisement