Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 pad on pc

• 18-01-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to or if I can set up a ps3 controller on a pc? Googled it but I'm not getting very clear instructions :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Found this.

http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/
    One industrious modder out there has created a simple program so you can use your PS3′s SIXAXIS controller on a PC like a game pad. Here’s what you’ll need to do:

1. Download this archive and install the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe).
    2. Unpack ps3sixaxis_en.exe
    3. Plug the SIXAXIS into your PC.
    4. Run ps3sixaxis_en.exe once.
    5. Push the PS button on the SIXAXIS once if it doesn’t see it straight away.

Unfortunately, the motion sensing features aren’t possible on the PC (not yet as least). But still, this is pretty easy way to net yourself a free usable game pad.

Via Gamer’s Block

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

How old is the controller? This one is for the newer Dualshock 3 controllers if you have those (replaced sixaxis in early 2008)

http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

I've been using Motioninjoy, it detects the PS3 pad as an XBox360 controller which seems to be the only thing what some PC games support. Works fine on Fallout New Vegas at least. I've got the older SixAxis pad, so I'm not sure if it's different with a Dualshock.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Polar101 wrote: »
    Works fine on Fallout New Vegas at least.http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

You play an FPS on the PC...with a controller :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Kiith wrote: »

Don't you start! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Kiith wrote: »

I know, but try playing Fallout 3 on the PS3 for 100 hours, and then trying to play the "sequel" with a mouse. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Polar101 wrote: »
    I know, but try playing Fallout 3 on the PS3 for 100 hours, and then trying to play the "sequel" with a mouse. :)

Did that myself, actually. Didn't have a proper PC when Fallout 3 was released so got it on PS3, played it for around 70 or so hours (then I got interested in Fallout 1 and 2). Playing New Vegas was much more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard, for me at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Motioninjoy is good. Here's an easy to follow guide to settings it up:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

got the motion joy method working, thanks for all the replies.

hey, so I got motionjoy working but for one problem, the right analog stick is backways, if i push it forward/backward the camera rotates right and left, and if I push it left or right the camera goes up or down, anyone know how to fix this? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hey, so I got motionjoy working but for one problem, the right analog stick is backways, if i push it forward/backward the camera rotates right and left, and if I push it left or right the camera goes up or down, anyone know how to fix this? :D

Calibrate option within motion joy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Calibrate option within motion joy

Calibrated it a few times and still getting the same thing, if you could go into more detail I met get better results. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Try opening up the motioninjoy settings and click the radio button "xbox 360 controller emulator". Then click on enable a few times to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Calibrated it a few times and still getting the same thing, if you could go into more detail I met get better results. :confused:

When motionjoy is open you should have option 3 selected.

Go to control panel /devices/ montion joy controller and try the windows calibration.

There may be an "invert" option in your game which could be causing it.

:( Still not working. I've tried the xbox 360 option, nothing happens in game. There is no invert option selected or that I can find.
    Dunno is it the game? I'm trying it with GTA 3 but every other button works correctly accept that pesky right analog stick.

EDIT: Ignore this got it working properly, thanks for all the help.

Advertisement