Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat and 19.2E (looking for advice)

• 20-02-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some advice and recommendation for a good satellite installer in Donegal (Ballybofey). Decided to get rid of sky and my contract ends 14th March. I’m thinking of getting the Humax Foxsat Freesat+ 500GB receiver and a new 80cm dish (Current dish is regular sky dish 60cm) as I want to get an extra LNB installed to get 19.2E as well as Freesat. Basically, I want to get RTL as I think it covers F1 and some other sports. I believe I will also need a diseqc switch. Is this the best option? Freesat and 19.2 or should I be looking at other satellites (Looking for sport). Finally, I intend to buy the receiver and LNB/ switch but could anyone recommend a good installer in Donegal (Ballybofey) and a good dish, LNB and diseqc switch.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

try here :

www.isaa.tv

regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

You dont need a 80cm for 19.2 or for what you are trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Hi talkabout,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/7755219.stm#times

"For the races that are not live on BBC One, there will be live commentary on Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website."

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/freetvformula1.htm

I use an 80cm dish for Astra 1, I find it perfect in all weather in Wexford.

I use the Foxsat Humax HDR for english commentary (BBC 5 Live) connected to my surround sound DVD system.
    Example: I watch Astra 1 RTL/Sport 1 etc on a seperate box (Ferguson Combo HD) you could get a cheaper box.

With the Foxsat you can pause the radio, sometimes for sport the radio commentary is a little bit ahead of the picture from Astra 1
    Takes a couple of second's to sort, then perfect.

http://www.isaa.tv/features.php?county=donegal
    Also the ISAA guy's will do a great job for you.

I also find the Humax a great box.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Hey Friendo,

Thanks for the help, your set up sound exactly like the system I’m trying to set up. Also, thinking about going with a mult LNB. Thanks to everyone who replied, your help is much appreciated. Going to call Local Installer (ISAA) for pricing etc.

Thanks

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

19.2 east doesn't offer much, if you're going to spend money on an installer & a bigger dish, consider getting 13 east too at the least.

• Advertisement

I left the old sky dish in place for Freesat Humax HDR, you may have to add a quad LNB for two cable outputs, if you do not already have a quad.
    Works well for listening to radio on 5live on the old sky dish while watching 19e on the 80cm dish.

I put up a second dish an 80cm for 19e and 13e.
    I used a mono block for 19 and 13.
    I find the mono block a bad choice, hoping to change to multi LNB's for 19e and 13e and if possible may add 9e for Real Madrid TV in english and Thace sport HD (I dont know how long Trace may last FTA)

Mabey somebody can tell me if it is possible to add 9e ?
    or any other free to air sport on satellite's that I could add to the above system on an 80cm dish 19e, 13e, 9e ?, ??

thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Tonio

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I left the old sky dish in place for Freesat Humax HDR, you may have to add a quad LNB for two cable outputs, if you do not already have a quad.
    Works well for listening to radio on 5live on the old sky dish while watching 19e on the 80cm dish.

I put up a second dish an 80cm for 19e and 13e.
    I used a mono block for 19 and 13.
    I find the mono block a bad choice, hoping to change to multi LNB's for 19e and 13e and if possible may add 9e for Real Madrid TV in english and Thace sport HD (I dont know how long Trace may last FTA)

Mabey somebody can tell me if it is possible to add 9e ?
    or any other free to air sport on satellite's that I could add to the above system on an 80cm dish 19e, 13e, 9e ?, ??

thanks for any advice.

I have almost the exact same setup including boxes, except I have separate LNBs for 13E and 19E. I have Al Jazeera and Cyfra for the football and use the Humax for the 5live or talksport commentary as described above.

I bought a third LNB recently hoping to add 9E or 5W for some free French channels. I too would be interested to know if 9E or 5W is possible with an 80cm Triax dish with a Triax multi-lnb bar. I have 13E as the prime focus at the moment. I believe it may be possible if the multi-LNB bar is turned upside down? Have not had a chance to experiment yet - need to wait for better weather and a day when the wife and kids are not in the way!!

I see different types of brackets/holders, What would be the best type to get for an 80cm dish ?

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/triax_multi_lnb_bracket.html

http://www.freesat.ie/index.php?cat=LNB_Accessories

Tonio wrote: »
    - need to wait for better weather and a day when the wife and kids are not in the way!!

I know the feeling :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I see different types of brackets/holders, What would be the best type to get for an 80cm dish ?

Unless you have a Triax dish, just get the generic type (some would say avoid the Triax ones full stop due to limited adjustment available).

• Advertisement

Thanks Peter

multiple_lnb_holder_3_way.jpgMultiple Lnb bracket

I dont think I have a Triax dish, I dont know what make it is.
    I wonder would this bracket type do for 19e, 13e and possibly 9e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Should work fine. Varied selection here too.

I have almost the exact same setup including boxes, except I have separate LNBs for 13E and 19E. I have Al Jazeera and Cyfra for the football and use the Humax for the 5live or talksport commentary as described above.

I bought a third LNB recently hoping to add 9E or 5W for some free French channels. I too would be interested to know if 9E or 5W is possible with an 80cm Triax dish with a Triax multi-lnb bar. I have 13E as the prime focus at the moment. I believe it may be possible if the multi-LNB bar is turned upside down? Have not had a chance to experiment yet - need to wait for better weather and a day when the wife and kids are not in the way!!

Hey Tonio

How do you find the Cyfra card? What kind of money is the card and do they show many games, also do they show any US golf? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

9 degrees east with 28,possible with triax bar turned upside down, and 13,19 also.
    see video on ISAATV channel for 28/9 east

• Registered Users Posts: 13 density

As I was following the thread, I was wondering how easy is it to set up the multi-LNB arrangement on the offsetting bracket. Would the receivers you're talking about be capable of accommodating USALS so that you could use a motor to drive the dish to the satellite you wanted? Once the motor with dish are mounted on a perfectly vertical pole or bracket and the dish bracketed correctly onto the motor's arm, the dish will be rotated to find the various satellites with a single LNB. That might not apply when it comes to 9E, however, if it uses a different kind of signal collector. Anyway, I am in mid-Kildare and use a motorised setup to receive from 28.2E, 19.2E, 13E and 5W without too much bother at all. I've never installed a multi-LNB setup, but that looks more daunting to me than the motorised setup. Don't know about the costs though.

Hi density,

What size dish are you using

• Registered Users Posts: 13 density

60cm. I might occasionally have problems with rain fade, but it works fine most of the time. An 80cm dish might be better against that problem, but maybe harder to mount. My 60cm dish is mounted on the wall of my back wall, which runs fairly close to north and south. An 80cm dish would probably bump into the wall for the Atlantic Bird 3 (5W).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Are you thinking of replacing it with a multi lnb setup?

Hey Folks,

Just a follow up to my initial post on getting freesat 28.2 and going with a second LNB for 19.2E. In the end I also decided to add Hotbird at 13E (glad i did as thinking about package from Cyfra+). I went with an installer from ISAA (not sure if I can name on forum) but as you can see he did a great job and I’m more than pleased with his service and standard of work (highly recommended if anyone looking for work in Northwest area). Just want to thank everyone for their help.

Talkabout

Advertisement