Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 Cooking Club Week 1: Chicken à la King

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Loving the chargrilled corn in the background - NOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

The look of the dish is really off-putting.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

The look of the dish is really off-putting.:o

Don't make it so if it doesn't appeal to you. No need to be nasty about it.

And personally I don't see anything off-putting about it, it looks just like any curry / stew type dish with meat, veg and sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Don't make it so if it doesn't appeal to you. No need to be nasty about it.

And personally I don't see anything off-putting about it, it looks just like any curry / stew type dish with meat, veg and sauce.

nasty:D

Just making a comment.

If that was put before me that would be my initial reaction. You eat with your eyes first......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Just happened upon this thread, wow that looks absolutely amazing!! Your recipe is definitely going into my cooking file and next chance I get I am cooking a la King and Jean!

YUM!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I use my Mammy's recipe which just has red and green peppers, mushrooms, chicken, chicken stock made with half milk/half water and thickened with corn flour. What really lifts it is a generous layer of grated toasted Parmesan (bake in oven or pop under the grill) on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Made this last night, tasty and comforting but a little bland for our taste. I'll add garlic , thyme and sage next time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Just had this again tonight, it is one the recipes we keep going back to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Going to make this tomorrow I think, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

Cooked this for dinner tonight - was delicious and I will definitely be doing this one again.

Thanks for the recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I made this for myself and my toddler today, with mushrooms added in. Absolutely delicious, and very easy to make - this will definitely be cooked again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Shamefully, I only made this for the first time tonight. It was really creamy and comforting. I really enjoyed it, but I did feel it lacked a certain something. I have leftovers for tomorrow so I might chance adding a little chilli :). Thanks for the recipe!

HBJV6uBl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

We've added Paprika, chorizo and fried mushroom at various points to give this a bit more "oomph" - it's lovely as it is I think, but a few added extras along the way don't ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Made this for dinner tonight. It was nice and creamy and we enjoyed it. Thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I made this last night, it was vurry tasty. Just added a good sprinkling of smoked paprika to the recipe. It was very filling too!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Making this right now-Added a few carrots spuds and peas and along with the chicken I threw in a few sausages that needed using up. Will post a picture when herself gets home. Smells good though,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Made this last night but added some sliced chorizo, went down very well. Currently having the leftovers with a baked potato now for lunch. Will definitely make it again.

Advertisement