Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Stay away from Meadowbrook at all costs it's really crap so it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PodgeL5

El Siglo wrote: »
    Stay away from Meadowbrook at all costs it's really crap so it is!

ah some houses in meadowbrook aren't the best, but I'm delighted to be back there again! great craic, no. 3, pop in for a cupa tea any time!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Wendero wrote: »
    What about Maynooth park? Don't think I saw any posts about it, or maybe I'm just not searching enough. Haven't seen many apartments there (based on daft.ie). How far is it from campus? Many students there, or more of a quiet area?

/John

Maynooth Park is your houses only, kinda estate where you have the ppl that have lived there all their lives, kids grown up & left home & take in students to fill the empty rooms & get a bit of cash. I think a few of the houses in it are rented & most the mad kids you see in it are from Greenfield drive lol Know a woman there who rents out two rooms each year & she only charges the college rates for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Maynooth Park is your houses only, kinda estate where you have the ppl that have lived there all their lives, kids grown up & left home & take in students to fill the empty rooms & get a bit of cash. I think a few of the houses in it are rented & most the mad kids you see in it are from Greenfield drive lol Know a woman there who rents out two rooms each year & she only charges the college rates for them.

I assume you mean the she charges the same rates as campus accommodation? On-campus you pay way above the odds tbh, In River you're talking 110 euro a week, most single room house shares cost 70-90 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

No she said it's the college rates, reccommended off the NUI site she charges, €86 pw & thats with all bills included.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Sorry misunderstood your other post, 86euro incl bills is quite reasonable alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Well, I got a river apartment (single).

How do you tell which floor you are going to be on? Or will you discover that when you get there?

/John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Wendero wrote: »
    Well, I got a river apartment (single).

How do you tell which floor you are going to be on? Or will you discover that when you get there?

/John
    The higher the apartment number the higher the floor afaik. Village have 4 apts. on each floor so 1-4 is on ground, 5-8 is on first etc. Don't know about river though.
    Rivers really nice, I've been trying for two years to get it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Okay, so if "Room info" contains the number 5, and no other number for that part, then you're on floor five?:)

/John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 InterStu55555

I just got a house in Moyglare Village, it seems nice. Anyone know if it is a decent estate??? Any scummers to avoid??

Also does anyone know a shortcut into the college rather than walking all the way around??

Cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Got an email to say I was on the waiting list, but I already booked a place off campus at €86 a week all bills included. Much happier and a much better price then Daft or campus :D
    Roll o College :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

I just got a house in Moyglare Village, it seems nice. Anyone know if it is a decent estate??? Any scummers to avoid??

Also does anyone know a shortcut into the college rather than walking all the way around??

Cheers...

Lived their last year, its a decent estate very quite we got in trouble with our neighbour a few times but he was a tool like he said this isnt a student estate when there was two student houses across the road from us. Big houses mine was bigger then the rest as it had an extension done to it. There is a short cut in Moyglare Abby but to get to it from Village you would have to jump a very high wall but I have never seen anyone do it or done it myself.

A few kids tend to hang around the generator beside the big green but other then that its ok.

Have to say I hated the walk home from college/the town to Moyglare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hey guys
    I'll be goin to NUIM next year I'm just wondering were I can get a flat for a cheap price .. ii should say the cheapest .

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Anywhere off campus, you're more likely to get a house than a flat. www.daft.ie Keep an eye on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Moyglare village/abbey are the perfect mixes of price and quality IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Charter House apartments are pretty reasonable. My advice would be not to go for the cheapest of the cheap as you will end up in an absolute dive

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cheap if it's near the college usually means a sh|thole. Cheap far away can also mean a sh|thole, but not usually.

Instead of going for the cheapest, see how much you'll pay per week/month and look around for places based on that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yo, I'm looking to finally move up before exams end. Have enquired about a few places but if anyone knows someone with a free room let me know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yo, I'm looking to finally move up before exams end. Have enquired about a few places but if anyone knows someone with a free room let me know :)
    There's a few spare rooms on campus at the moment I know of including one, possibly two in the near future, in mine. However, we did/do have rats but we have traps set up and rat poison in the press so don't worry.

I rarely climb into or eat directly out of the press so shouldn't be an issue :D Nah, cheers, but campus is too expensive. Wanna get somewhere on the cheap and preferably in a house.

• Advertisement

I rarely climb into or eat directly out of the press so shouldn't be an issue :D Nah, cheers, but campus is too expensive. Wanna get somewhere on the cheap and preferably in a house.
    Haha yeah I gathered it'd be too expensive but if they can't get anyone to rent both of the rooms you might be able to stay in one of them for free....

Ahh, cool. Perfect place to run my pimping business out of if there's no overheads. You don't have aversions to really small dogs do you?

Ahh, cool. Perfect place to run my pimping business out of if there's no overheads. You don't have aversions to really small dogs do you?
    Nope, only rats! It's an idea though, if there's a spare room and they can't fill it then I see no reason why you couldn't stay there for free or at least for a seriously reduced rate! We are nice people too and not actually unclean!

Cheers, very nice of you. I seen a place tonight which was cool and going to a few rooms tomorrow so if it falls through I'll be in touch.

Cheers, very nice of you. I seen a place tonight which was cool and going to a few rooms tomorrow so if it falls through I'll be in touch.
    No problem, I'll keep you updated anyway. Happy house hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Starting an MSc. on 1st Feb but I'm in Amsterdam until the 28th of this month and skiing until the 2nd of Feb so looking for a house is going to be a very rushed job. Can anyone suggest any websites to go through? Daft doesn't seem to throw up much.

There's 50 house shares on daft in Maynooth right now :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 trixybell

try the accomodation office. you would be suprised places that come available with people pulling out, and erasmus students just staying for one semester :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

There's 50 house shares on daft in Maynooth right now :confused:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055776203

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jakesgirl

I was in college in maynooth for 8 years and i think that the best things to check when you go to look at a house are the windows. If there is any obvious mold around them or if the paper is peeling back, its gonna be cold and damp in the winter. Stayed in a house in Cluain Aoibheann in 3rd year where the draft was so bad the curtains were constantly blowing aside. Also, if the fireplace works, asks the landlord when was the last time it was cleaned, cause the last thing you want is a chimney fire in the middle of a cold january night!
    Likewise, ask when the boiler was last serviced cause it will save you a fortune on heating oil if its in good nic
    Hope this helps any househunters out there?:):D

Advertisement