Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

How is the game going? I know barca are losing but have they played well?
    I did thiago and barca wincast.

they havent a hope of winning unless he empties the bench,osasuna look like scoring a 2nd more than vbarca getting an eq

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Osasuna playing quite well and could have got another 1 or 2

Barca doing their normal "tic tac" nonesense- Pedro had decent chance but was straight at keeper. surely will come alive now in second half when I don't want it to so your bet still has a chance:D

Thiago passing well but hasn't got forward much

EDIT: haha, new it, my bet gone already hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Odds on under 2.5 goals in the Barca game have dropped from 2.40 to 2.10, I'm going with under 2.5 then.

Dammit Guardiola, you didn't need to bring on Messi in such a meaningless game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Been asked to do a betting column for the next few weeks. Any hidden gems for this weekend in the top flight games in Europe?

Where will your column be published?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

I don't do wincast bets as I dont see value in scorer markets but I would be fairly sure you would have a higher ROI by just betting on the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Neath Athletic (4th) –v- Port Talbot Town (9th)

Port Talbots away form is doesn’t make for good reading, 10 games played away with 2 Wins, 1 Draw and 7 Losses, while conceding 18 goals and only finding the net 9 times.

Neath home form looks on paper excellent, 8 Wins and 2 Draws, with 26 goals scored and only 5 conceded in them 10 home matches. These haven’t lost in 9 matches.

Seems the last 6 out of 9 home wins in the League for Neath they have been winning at HT and then FT (open to correction).

Neath to win (4/9), Neath -1 (5/4), Neath Clean Sheet (1/1), Neath to win nil (7/5) and Neath HT/FT (2/1)

Got this completely wrong with the expectation of a Neath win.

1-0 Neath at HT, 2-1 Port Talbot, then 3-2 Neath FT. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 xmuldoonx

Manchester United(-1) v Bolton Wanderers
    Tottenham(-1) v Wolverhampton Wndrs
    Wigan Athletic v Manchester City(-1)
    Mallorca v Real Madrid(-1)
    Barcelona(-1) v Real Betis
    Juventus v Cagliari
    Celtic v Dundee Utd
    St Johnstn v Rangers
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Liverpool v Stoke City
    €10 gets a return of €578.76 :D:p

Juventus v Cagliari
    Celtic v Dundee Utd
    St Johnstn v Rangers
    Doncaster Rovers v Cardiff City
    Nottingham Forest v Southampton
    €10 gets a return of €1372.96 :D :P

These are 2 accums iv done for this weekends fixtures i know they are pretty similar but i would just like your opinion on what you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

xmuldoonx wrote: »
    Juventus v Cagliari
    Celtic v Dundee Utd
    St Johnstn v Rangers
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Liverpool v Stoke City
    €10 gets a return of €578.76 :D:p

Juventus v Cagliari
    Celtic v Dundee Utd
    St Johnstn v Rangers
    Doncaster Rovers v Cardiff City
    Nottingham Forest v Southampton
    €10 gets a return of €1372.96 :D :P

These are 2 accums iv done for this weekends fixtures i know they are pretty similar but i would just like your opinion on what you think??

I know southampton are still top, but their recent form is cat...let me down a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

One will always let you down. I've strayed away big time from accies of late. Regarding Notts Forest/Southampton though, haven't Forest gone a crazy amount of time without scoring a goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Voltwad wrote: »
    One will always let you down. I've strayed away big time from accies of late. Regarding Notts Forest/Southampton though, haven't Forest gone a crazy amount of time without scoring a goal?

They scored 3 in their last league game against Ipswich but they did go 7 or 8 games without a goal before that.

Lads!

Coventry are losing big sthyle lads, last in the table against an inform Derby and have just lost their star player to Boro.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11710/7425729/Jutkiewicz-agrees-Boro-move

Form available here:
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/01/14/england/championship/derby-county-fc/coventry-city-fc/1119942/

H2H here:
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/01/14/england/championship/derby-county-fc/coventry-city-fc/1119942/head2head/

The Asian Handicap of -0.5 for Derby (same as Derby to win for those who don't understand asian handicaps) is available at 1.93! on Ladbrokes!

Preview available here:
    http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/prev/fm_preview_derby_county_v_coventry_city_14_jan_2012_722586/index.shtml

History of the Derby County v Coventry City fixture

Derby County prepare to entertain Coventry City at Pride Park on Saturday afternoon, looking to continue an impressive record. The Rams are clearly on top, having won 22 and lost only 7 of the 38 games.

The most recent encounter between these two sides at Pride Park was less than a year ago, in April 2011, where the two teams cancelled each other out in an enthralling 2-2 draw in a Championship match. Recent encounters between the teams
    Season Date Team Result Team Comp 2011/2012 Sat 10 Sep Coventry City 2 - 0 Derby County Championship 2010/2011 Sat 09 Apr Derby County 2-2 Coventry City Championship 2010/2011 Sat 21 Aug Coventry City 2 - 1 Derby County Championship 2009/2010 Sat 03 Apr Coventry City 0 - 1 Derby County Championship 2009/2010 Fri 06 Nov Derby County 2 - 1 Coventry City Championship 2008/2009 Sat 31 Jan Derby County 2 - 1 Coventry City Championship 2008/2009 Sat 25 Oct Coventry City 1 - 1 Derby County Championship For a detailed analysis of the complete head-to-head record between the two sides, click here
    Recent respective form guides
    Derby County are showing reasonable home form, having won four and lost two from the last six played. The goals for column just outweighs the goals against over this period, 6 to 5.
    The away form of Coventry City is pretty dire, collecting just 1 solitary point from the last six. Sky Blues have conceded 10 goals in these games, and only hit 3 in reply.
    Derby County's 37 points from 25 games sees them lie inside the top half of the table, in 10th position.
    Coventry City find themselves stuck right at the bottom of the division. Their 25 games have yielded only 19 points.
    Current overall team form
    Team P W D L F A P Derby County 6 5 0 1 7 3 15 Coventry City 6 2 0 4 4 5 6 For a detailed analysis of current team form guides in this or any division, click here
    FootyMad's prediction ...
    With the Rams being in decent shape at home at the moment, we am pleased to predict that this match should result in nothing other than a comfortable home win. Home Win
    Sequence statistics
    Team Sequences Derby County Won 4 successive home games.
    9 games since last home draw.
    Won their latest 4 matches.
    Not drawn a match in their last 6 .
    Coventry City Lost each of the previous 5 away matches.
    Not won in previous 15 away matches.
    An overall losing run of 2 games.
    No win in the 2 most recent games.

blindpilot wrote: »
    They scored 3 in their last league game against Ipswich but they did go 7 or 8 games without a goal before that.

Also, Lambert is out, Forest are a good bet on the DNB or Asian +0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Great write up paggyg.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

If Keano gets on for Villa at Everton(depending on the time) I'm going to do him to score anytime.. He frequently scores on his debut. He was playing decent stuff in the states as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

looking at Port Vale (13th) vs Wimbledon (18th) in League 2 there. Only 9 points seperate them and Wimbledon have played a game less.

Apparantly only 13 Port Vale players (including youth team players) could train during the week http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Valiants-hit-injury-woe/story-14379958-detail/story.html
    Wimbledon have just signed a few new players as well, Jason Euell, George Moncur and Byron Harrison which sould give them a lift.

I know Wimbledon are on a terrible run of form, but Port Vale have lost their last 3 games as well. From 11 away games this season wimbledon have won 4, draw 2 and lost 5. In Port Vale's 12 home games there's been 5 wins, 2 draw and 5 lost...

Double chance wimbledon win or draw is 4/5 with W Hill, or Wimbledon to win is 11/4, huge odds I reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Soton will probably win just to be bloody minded but until they show that they have found the winning thread they are best avoided. Derby does look a good bet.

Tamworth vs. Wrexham away side flying high, home side only beaten one good team at home and that was thanks to 2 penos.

Woking vs. Bromley home side top of Conference N / S, Bromley are 3rd bottom
    Nuneaton Town v Blyth Spartans 4th plays bottom.

Galatasaray vs. Karabükspor top plays third bottom, have to be a handicap bet but should be safe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Been done so many times by Southampton, i avoid them
    Pretty sure when i place 3 separate bets on them to win/lose/draw one and the same match, they will manage to make me lose all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I really think Sunderland are overpriced at 7/1 to beat Chelsea. Double chance is 2.88.

Sunderland in good form with O' Neill in charge. Beat Man City and pushed Spurs very close recently. I think they're suited to the counter attack also with McLean, Richardson and Sessegnon in attack. Chelsea ambushed by a poor Villa side and looking generally shaky of late.

Sunderland's players will believe they can win also having won there 3-0 last year.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone for a Trixie tonight - Almere City, Den Bosch and Marimito, The two Dutch sides are both aredoing alright in the Jupilier League and both are up against the bottom two teams in the league and their form is abysmal as you can imagine.

Similar situation with Marimito in the Portuguese league. Up against the bottom side in the league. Marimito are fighting for a Europa Leaue spot this season, currently in 5th.

So hopefully logic will do it's thing. Yeah I know, logic and footy betting when did that ever work :pac: 20 euro returns 73 I think it was when placed this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

All matches in the Dutch 1st division over 2,5 @10.47

Actually, not all.
    Left out Eindhoven - Helmond
    Eindhoven are not exactly scoring for fun at home, 17 in 8
    Helmond not great away but concede 18 in 8
    This is a local derby,
    Expect Eindhoven to win but not with ease.
    Last 5 years this match only once did not go over 2,5 but Eindhoven was positioned much worse in those years than they are now.

Based on home record a win for Dordrecht (w6d3l0) makes sense.
    Based on away record of Veendam (w0d4l5), Den Bosch should win.
    Despite Den Bosch home record being quite crap too, only 2 wins so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Said i'd follow you Ade.

Dutch Jupiler League Matches Agovv Apeldoorn v Almere City
    13-01-2012 19:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Almere City @ 5/6

Dutch Jupiler League Matches Den Bosch v BV Veendam
    13-01-2012 19:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Den Bosch @ 2/5

Portuguese Div 1 Matches Pacos Ferreira v Maritimo
    13-01-2012 20:15
    Win-Draw-Win
    Maritimo @ 11/10
    Your Bets

Treble
    1 line at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €10.00
    Potential returns: €53.90
    No: O/22698369/0000042

Prices lengthening 10 now return 67.62

Sevenfolds from 8 and accu, total stake 1.30, total possible return 120.00

Greek Super League Olympiacos v Levadiakos
    Olympiacos (-2.0) @ 2.20

Npower Championship Matches Derby v Coventry
    Derby @ 1.80

Turkish Super League Galatasaray v Kardemir Karabukspor
    Galatasaray (-1.0) @ 1.80

Blue Square Premiership Matches Tamworth v Wrexham
    Wrexham @ 1.90

Dutch Jupiler League Matches Agovv Apeldoorn v Almere City
    Almere City @ 2.10

Dutch Jupiler League Matches Den Bosch v BV Veendam
    Den Bosch @ 1.40

Dutch Jupiler League Matches FC Oss v Emmen
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.57

Portuguese Div 1 Matches Pacos Ferreira v Maritimo
    Maritimo @ 2.29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Interesting fact for the Milan derby sunday night if anybody is interested:

Milan have been awarded 6 penalties in the league this year, more than any other team, and have also conceded 1.
    Ibrahimovic has scored every one of these penalties, scoring all 6 in his last 7 league games as well as converting 1/1 in the champions league this season.

This is combined with Inter conceding the most penalties in the league so far this season, also 6 penalties. 3 of these however have been saved by Julio Cesar. Inter have been awarded 3 penalties as well, converting 2 of these.

This brings the combined total number of penalties for the 2 clubs to 16 in 34 matches and with the intense nature of the derby, (Milan scored a penalty in each of the 2 derby matches last year, Inter scored 1 the year before), I find odds of 23/10 to be quite favorable for this bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cahill wont be playing for Bolton against utd

edit

lads anyone notice pp have added more markets to some games now, note the man utd v bolton game

there are one or two additional markets for football games including Over/Under Total Match Corners and card bets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I think the best value to be found on United is probably to score in both halves at 4/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

havent posted for a while having a go tommorow these are my bets feel free to comment

rangers,celtic,spurs,man united, real madrid 2/1 £20

cardiff or draw,west ham or draw,southampton or draw,reading or draw 2/1 £10

valencia,real madrid,huddersfield,celtic,rangers,chelsea,spurs,liverpool,man united 15/1 £2

aston villa or draw,cardiff or draw,west ham or draw,southampton or draw,reading or draw,leyton orient or draw,charlton or draw,sheff utd or draw,swindon or draw,roma or draw 16/1 £3

crawley,mk dons,derby,west brom 10/1 £2

fulham,west ham,sheff utd,southend 26/1 £1

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Prem bets this w'end:

Spurs -1 8/11
    Utd -1 4/9
    Stoke +1 & 1.5 1.72
    Sunderland +1 & 1.5 1.80
    Villa win - I think Villa have that little bit more attacking-wise, I hope Tim Howard has not got his kicking boots on.. I feel with the whole 'old-age' revival and Keane back, justifies this choice.

17.5/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Is Yardie still around? I miss his card bets!

Edit:- Just saw his last post so n/m, hopefully he makes a comeback soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement