Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hangover food question

• 14-12-2014 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

So I done some research and they say greasy food BEFORE night out to coat the stomach linin and bland carb food AFTER as in the next morning when your howling in bed like a sissy.. But it says nowhere about eating Greasy junk carbs DIRECTLY after a session like what alot of people do.. Is that to late to help the stomach the next day?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

braddun wrote: »

Doesn't answer my question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Mesrine65 wrote: »

No link answers my question

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Crappyghost

Technically food doesn't "cure" a hangover and wont eliminate it the next day either. Although junk food may improve your form and make it easier to deal with.

Hangovers are mostly caused by the build up of acetaldehyde, which is produced when alcohol is matabolised and is actually more toxic than alcohol. The build up of this stuff is what sickens people among other things.

The best role food plays is soakage in the stomach. Eating some sort of meal before drinking slows down alcohol entering your system, but only for so long. The whole grease lining your stomach thing is more anecdotal and not really proven. I think it has more to do with the type of food, for example a nice big pub burger will do a better job than cereal and a few slices of toast.

Bottom line, only your body can get rid of the acetaldehyde, not food. You just have to wait unfortunately

• Advertisement

"The best role food plays is soakage in the stomach. Eating some sort of meal before drinking slows down alcohol entering your system"

So with that dose it slow down how drunk you get too? I will get a burger next time but if it means ive to drink 6pints before i feel tipsey i wont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Crappyghost

Yes, you would get drunker at a slower rate at first, but as the night goes on the meal will be digested also and the alcohol gets in quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

No link answers my question
    Well then get off your hung-over ass & google it yourself, you nasty drunk :rolleyes: ;):p

Advertisement