Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Used car parts in Limerick/Clare

Options
  • 06-09-2008 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I'm looking for second hard parts for Ford Fiesta (head/fog lights, grill). Where is the best place to look for (Limerick area)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Bob Sweeney's out in Castleconnell. 061 377496

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try Bob Sweeney's out in Castleconnell. 061 377496

Who in my opinion and from unfortunate experience of years of visits is cynically, opportunistically and heftily overpriced at every turn.

- If you're stuck OP perhaps try the Main Dealer for a shiny boxed one - may not be much of a difference in price between that and the one Bob rips off someone else's wreck with a crowbar.

Def. ring each of the scrapyards listed in the Golden pages and jot down prices.......

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I got some bits a while ago from Conways near Tulla.
    In the middle of nowhere but I rang beforehand to get a price etc.

I went there as I could never get through to Sweeneys

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Try Jack Moore in Ballysheedy (just outside the city) 061 311858.

he has a lot of stuff and is reasonably priced.

beldin makes a good point though - always best to ring beforehand and establish part availability and price.

Hope this helps.

MtM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

beldin wrote: »

Lucky you, 'cos most likely you would left on hold & forgotten about, or just ignored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Longs on the bruff/kilmallock road are ok, just past tyhe four elms pub on the right as you head out of limerick.
    they're the second number on this page
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/limerick/car_dismantlers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

There is another yard just further on towards Ballyneety. You have to take a laneway to the left off the main road and its just down there. I cant remember their name though so I'm not much help but maybe someone on here will know where I'm on about!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colmmcgettrick

Hi

Have had some great value form Bobby Sweeney in the past, but this is dating back to a time when it was possible to take the parts out of scrapped cars by yourself then head up to the office after finding the part. But since a court case 5 or more years ago, all scrap dealers had to stop this practice. He even managed to donate some parts to some student projects in UL, once he heard what they were being used for. ( to build a hugging machine which would enable a hug to be sent from one place to another)

To get the best value for yourself.
    Definatily ring around, the scrap dealers,
    then pick your lowest quote and the dealer closest to you and
    contact the closest scrap dealer and see if they will beat the other lowest quote you got.

On arrival out there, to pick up the part, remember peoples names. Previously I would always arrive there dressed down, unsure if it made a difference. These days it is possible to get a lot of value by asking for a better deal

All the best

Colm

Raiser wrote: »
    Who in my opinion and from unfortunate experience of years of visits is cynically, opportunistically and heftily overpriced at every turn.

- If you're stuck OP perhaps try the Main Dealer for a shiny boxed one - may not be much of a difference in price between that and the one Bob rips off someone else's wreck with a crowbar.

Def. ring each of the scrapyards listed in the Golden pages and jot down prices.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

one often gets better value from the motor factors, plus the ford stuff is often cheaper from the dealer, i give jack moore a thumbs up tho

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Blunder wrote: »
    There is another yard just further on towards Ballyneety. You have to take a laneway to the left off the main road and its just down there. I cant remember their name though so I'm not much help but maybe someone on here will know where I'm on about!:D

That's Dave O'Riordan, 061-351930. His brother Denis runs Modern Car Dismantlers in Doora Ind Est in Ennis. Stock is shared between the two yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 tommyhayes1979

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

beldin wrote: »
    I got some bits a while ago from Conways near Tulla.
    In the middle of nowhere but I rang beforehand to get a price etc.

Conways in Tulla, only went out there once. I rang ahead and asked them had they a front bumper for a 95 Polo.
    "We do ya, call up"
    A good 45 minute journey later I'm in the yard.
    "Hello, I called earlier, you said you've a bumper for a 95 Polo?"
    "Ya wait there be back with it in a few minutes.

20 minutes later~

"We don't have that part....NEXT!!!"

Could have strangled the motherfcuker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

<Snip>

This thread was last used in 2009. It should have stayed that way. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement