Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF posters around town - wheres your logo!

Options
  • 23-02-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Coming closer to the election, there are political posters everywhere. Am I correct in noticing that the FF posters either have no FF logo, or its so small it can hardly be seen? I noticed this while driving down Childers Road today, I noticed posters for Peter Power and Willy and only I know that they are FF I would not have know what party there were with. The other parties' posters state what party they are with clearly. If this is not my imagination, then what are FF up to, are they trying to pretend they are not with fianna fail, or trying to confuse "ignorant" voters, or are they just ashamed to be part of this party? If there is anybody connected with the party (I have no connection with any party....) can you please explain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

banjobongo wrote: »
    Coming closer to the election, there are political posters everywhere. Am I correct in noticing that the FF posters either have no FF logo, or its so small it can hardly be seen? I noticed this while driving down Childers Road today, I noticed posters for Peter Power and Willy and only I know that they are FF I would not have know what party there were with. The other parties' posters state what party they are with clearly. If this is not my imagination, then what are FF up to, are they trying to pretend they are not with fianna fail, or trying to confuse "ignorant" voters, or are they just ashamed to be part of this party? If there is anybody connected with the party (I have no connection with any party....) can you please explain?

It's there but it's tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Yeah, this was the first thing I noticed about the FF posters this year. It's propaganda at its finest.

Also was in town there a couple of weeks ago, around Mungret Court and all the Wee-Willie O-Dea posters were on the same poles as the Maurice Quinlivan ones only Willie was on top!

I l'ol'd :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Someone set fire to a few Willie O'Dea posters on the roundabout near the South Court the other night, was trying to take a pic but was driving and it was too dark, people were slowing down to watch it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Advertisement