Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher's Beady Eye have disbanded

• 25-10-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher has announced that the band, which consisted of the former members of Oasis, Noel besides, are no more.

Noel was always the talent in the band imo. Their biggest contribution to music was proving how important Noel was to Oasis. Oasis reunion very probable after Noel gets the album and touring out of the way imo.

Source: https://twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/526017717460299776

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I must say that I have much preferred Noel's solo offerings then anything Liam's group have put out. However I thought this was an absolute tune though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

BE was a really solid album. I would love Liam to do an album of songs written by other songwriters such as Marr, Weller, Craddock etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That's sad. They were never great but they had a few good tunes like Flick Of The Finger. I wonder what the lads will do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I liked BE. The vocals were pretty awful though, except on the last few bonus tracks when he sang softer and higher. Could be a way forward for him.

Only I'd be interested in an Oasis reunion is if it was Bonehead, Guigs, etc. Anyway Noel's album is out in March 2015 so I'd say he'll be touring through the spring and summer, too tight a time frame to fit in a reunion show I'd say. Unless they do something later in the year (if at all).

Anyway what I'll be doing now is keeping an eye out for a Ride reunion. That would be mega.

I liked BE. The vocals were pretty awful though, except on the last few bonus tracks when he sang softer and higher. Could be a way forward for him.

Only I'd be interested in an Oasis reunion is if it was Bonehead, Guigs, etc. Anyway Noel's album is out in March 2015 so I'd say he'll be touring through the spring and summer, too tight a time frame to fit in a reunion show I'd say. Unless they do something later in the year (if at all).

Anyway what I'll be doing now is keeping an eye out for a Ride reunion. That would be mega.

I don't get the sentimentalism around the original lineup. Bonehead was replaced on rhythm guitar because Gem is more accomplished musician. Same goes for Guigsy being replaced by Andy Bell, it was nothing personal, the new guys are just better.

Sure the songs and albums were better with the original lineup, but that had nothing to do with Bonehead and Guigsy leaving, the songs simply dried up for Noel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Princeton Skinny Memento

The Olympia gigs were great, shame there won't be any more of them.

The Oasis re-union rumours are without any substance. Noel has said just last week there is plans whatsoever for a reunion. No one in BE has indicated a reunion either.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Sure the songs and albums were better with the original lineup, but that had nothing to do with Bonehead and Guigsy leaving, the songs simply dried up for Noel.

No its purely sentimentalism, and of course every reunion is all about "the original members". You couldn't have Tony McCarroll as then they wouldn't be able to play any Morning Glory songs, Alan White would be the obvious option. Be good to see the band who recorded and toured those first three albums, something I never did (I chose to see Ride in the Tivoli in '94 over Oasis). Otherwise its just Noel essentially rejoining Beady Eye and calling it Oasis again. What's the point in that?

I was the Olympia BE gig though, that was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Wonder if we'll get a solo album from Liam now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I use to like Oasis back in the day but the last 2 Oasis albums were terrible plus Liam has lost most of his voice. So I'm glad Oasis called it day there is simply no need for them to get back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Wonder what he'll do with himself now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I don't get the sentimentalism around the original lineup. Bonehead was replaced on rhythm guitar because Gem is more accomplished musician. Same goes for Guigsy being replaced by Andy Bell, it was nothing personal, the new guys are just better.

Bonehead and Guigs left, they werent sacked. I agree about not getting the sentimentality around that lineup. Once its Liam and Noel, it's an Oasis gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher has announced that the band, which consisted of the former members of Oasis, Noel besides, are no more.

Noel was always the talent in the band imo. Their biggest contribution to music was proving how important Noel was to Oasis. Oasis reunion very probable after Noel gets the album and touring out of the way imo.

Source: https://twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/526017717460299776

homer-woohoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jumboman wrote: »
    I use to like Oasis back in the day but the last 2 Oasis albums were terrible plus Liam has lost most of his voice. So I'm glad Oasis called it day there is simply no need for them to get back together.

The last 2 Oasis albums were very good. You may not have liked them and you're entitled to your opinion, but to say they were terrible is incorrect.

I don't think there'll be a reunion any time soon. Noel's new record isn't out until March of next year and then he's going to tour for at least a year, probably more so that takes us well into 2016. Plus I would say Andy and Gem get involved in other bands, I doubt they'll just sit around doing nothing, they were in other bands before Oasis.

Dig Out Your Soul had some interesting moments, a lot of the songs weren't great, but it had a nice groove at times.

I never understood the love for Don't Believe The Truth, one or two good songs but the rest was mush and the production was dreadful.

Heathen Chemistry I keep going back to for some reason, some great singles (Hindu Times, Little By Little) and while some dodgy moments it had Better Man which was a cool rock song (even though it ripped off Cold Turkey and Love Spreads).

I liked BE but I felt the rock songs should've rocked more, and they should've done some more work on the vocals. Funny thing, Wind Up Dream came on my iPod on shuffle and it sounded really good!

I doubt Liam will make a "solo" album as he said he'd always want to be in a band, but I reckon if he did he might actually get a bit of respect instead of trying to be a rocker in a band.

No its purely sentimentalism, and of course every reunion is all about "the original members". You couldn't have Tony McCarroll as then they wouldn't be able to play any Morning Glory songs, Alan White would be the obvious option. Be good to see the band who recorded and toured those first three albums, something I never did (I chose to see Ride in the Tivoli in '94 over Oasis). Otherwise its just Noel essentially rejoining Beady Eye and calling it Oasis again. What's the point in that?

I was the Olympia BE gig though, that was pretty good.

You wouldn't want him, he is simply not a good enough drummer for a band as big as Oasis.

"I like Tony as a geezer but he wouldn't have been able to drum the new songs." Noel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

This is great news. Now hopefully we'll get the Ride reformation we've deserved for a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭francois

This is great news. Now hopefully we'll get the Ride reformation we've deserved for a long time :)

Oh yes, great live act, loud, tight, first 2 albums and EP's are excellent, copared to that BE are awful sub-par pub rock, who will be a mere foot note in music history.

francois wrote: »
    Oh yes, great live act, loud, tight, first 2 albums and EP's are excellent, copared to that BE are awful sub-par pub rock, who will be a mere foot note in music history.

Yeah if Ride did reform, I'd say their set would be very heavy on the first two albums and the early EPs. Maybe one or two songs from the later two albums.

As Alan McGee said recently, shoegaze is big at the moment and the time would be right for them to reform now. If Slowdive did it, to great success, and MBV of course, then so could Ride.

Advertisement