Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just read this on TheJournal.ie and it makes me so angry. I know the culprits were probably a couple of kids who thought it would be a hilarious laugh but really, the outcome could have been very different if the patient had been dangerously ill :(:mad:

Story here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Utter Scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

miamee wrote: »
    Just read this on TheJournal.ie and it makes me so angry. I know the culprits were probably a couple of kids who thought it would be a hilarious laugh but really, the outcome could have been very different if the patient had been dangerously ill :(:mad:

Story here.

I can assure you it wasn't kids, but two regular scum who are well know to the Gardi and the Gardi are on their case.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can assure you it wasn't kids, but two regular scum who are well know to the Gardi and the Gardi are on their case.

Oh God, that is actually worse than a couple of dumb ass teens - at least there is a chance they might mature a bit as they get older. Hopefully they catch and can charge the numbskulls responsible.

miamee wrote: »
    Oh God, that is actually worse than a couple of dumb ass teens - at least there is a chance they might mature a bit as they get older. Hopefully they catch and can charge the numbskulls responsible.

At the very least, the one particular individual will be getting attention from all sides for that caper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Stealing an on scene ambo has to be one of the lowest and most dangerous things any degenerate could do.

But please, please, don't tell me they left the keys in it while on a shout in Corduff.......

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Stealing an on scene ambo has to be one of the lowest and most dangerous things any degenerate could do.

But please, please, don't tell me they left the keys in it while on a shout in Corduff.......

Larbre34, I'm positive some forumers on this thread are getting Déjà vu about your question.

Some posters were giving it large a few weeks ago to say it didn't happen with emergency services after the child abduction conversation we had.

My argument then and now is that emergency services should have the confidence to deal with the emergency while leaving the keys in the ignition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

What were these idiots thinking ??

They deserve whatever they get when they're caught.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ambulance-stolen-corduff-blanchardstown-684585-Nov2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

No they're not, the incident wasn't reported to The Gards in a sense that charges or convictions are being given for it.

No they're not, the incident wasn't reported to The Gards in a sense that charges or convictions are being given for it.

YES THEY ARE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Larbre34, I'm positive some forumers on this thread are getting Déjà vu about your question.

Some posters were giving it large a few weeks ago to say it didn't happen with emergency services after the child abduction conversation we had.

My argument then and now is that emergency services should have the confidence to deal with the emergency while leaving the keys in the ignition.

Should, absolutely, the same way as they should expect not to be attacked with bottles and stones while attending on certain dates in certain areas, yet they are.

I think whatever standard operating procedure they follow should reflect the unfortunate practicalities of the society they and we find ourselves in.

Apart from which, I'm sure they'll be getting no end of stick from their colleagues for the next 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Honestly... you must be seriously mentaly damaged to do something so stupid.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Gabriele wrote: »
    Honestly... you must be seriously mentaly damaged to do something so stupid.....
    Which? Nick the ambulance or leave the keys in the vehicle?

The individual who robbed the ambulance required an emergency ambulance not too long ago when he and his Two mates were lucky with their lives in a D15 park.

;) Think of the irony that he would do such a stupid thing after his own experience.

I think he is D15 winner of the Darwin Award!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Sorry to hear about their misfortune, did they injure their selves while having a kick around or was it something more sinister?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

they were shot at by a masked gunman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

When did this happen? Was it in Corduff?

I think he is D15 winner of the Darwin Award!!!!;)
    Don't you have to be dead to get a Darwin Award.?

daymobrew wrote: »

NOPE, Just Braindead. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

daymobrew wrote: »

Yes, so that the stupid genes are removed from the human genepool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

A fairly large increase in break in's reported in Ravenswood, Manorfields, Allendale, & windemere over the last couple of nights, my neighbour is a Garda & informed me last night to be vigilant as the rate of break ins (& violent ones at that) has jumped massively. Alarms, dogs, people at home (hence the violence in some cases) & secure doors not a deterent to them these days as apparently they're all coming through windows or patio doors, ie anythin with glazing.
    Having confronted 3 potential burglars in my back garden a few years ago & thankfully gotten away with nothing more than making a very loud scene i dread the thoughts of having to do it again in my home.
    Its awful that so many people struggling to get by are at risk from these out & out scumbags, & violent ones at that.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

DvB wrote: »
    A fairly large increase in break in's reported in Ravenswood, Manorfields, Allendale, & windemere over the last couple of nights, my neighbour is a Garda & informed me last night to be vigilant as the rate of break ins (& violent ones at that) has jumped massively. Alarms, dogs, people at home (hence the violence in some cases) & secure doors not a deterent to them these days as apparently they're all coming through windows or patio doors, ie anythin with glazing.
    Having confronted 3 potential burglars in my back garden a few years ago & thankfully gotten away with nothing more than making a very loud scene i dread the thoughts of having to do it again in my home.
    Its awful that so many people struggling to get by are at risk from these out & out scumbags, & violent ones at that.

What is it thats being taken? Is it just cash and gold? Do thieves still take tvs and stereos like back in the 80s? Or is it now just a pocket of jewelerry and wallets and away?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A couple of houses in the Deerpark/Castleknock Green area have been broken into and burgled in the last week. The burglers used power tools and a sledgehammer to break in so high security locks seem to count for very little.

Be vigilant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

was it in the daytime?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

horse7 wrote: »
    was it in the daytime?

Nope - these burglaries happened at about 9 to 10 pm when the residents were out for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

had a visit from someone looking for sponshorship this evening for a local boxing club. Very suspicious. Wasnt expecting anyone so didnt answer the doorbell which rang a couple of times, then door was knocked on. I answered the door, young lad who didnt want to look me in the eye. buggered off when i said no but his persistent knocking made me wonder, googled the boxing club and no matching results. Luttrellstown area. Be vigilant.

dibs101 wrote: »
    googled the boxing club and no matching results. Luttrellstown area. Be vigilant.
    Damn, I gave him a fiver. I should stop being so generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

JupiterKid wrote: »
    A couple of houses in the Deerpark/Castleknock Green area have been broken into and burgled in the last week. The burglers used power tools and a sledgehammer to break in so high security locks seem to count for very little.

Be vigilant!
    did they break in the front or back of the houses, windows or doors, the people in stockton have no info on the break- ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

House break-ins the past couple of months in Beechfield have increased a lot. two house done this week, mainly look for cash and gold jewillery between 6-8pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Got visits last nights here...they broke in to the back gaden' neighbours,open the shed and tried to ...dunnooo break in to thier house !??
    they walked in to my garden and had the time and patience to steal my red bike that was behind other 3 bikes !!!

very very very afraid and pissed that they were so close to my family,in my back garden,beside the house,doing a messy looking thorugh the empty boxes and bags !

called the guards to report it,they asked me to wait for a team ! yeah...

Advertisement