Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,702 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Start time. But they have gone over time before also. The Croke Park residents always seem very quick to kick up a fuss so I'd expect them to have a field day with Guns N' Roses.

They didn't kick up a fuss about rhcp in 2012.

Maybe Axl mite cop himself on for this tour and go on stage on time. Was it 2006 rds show that he came on at 8pm on the dot.

The disaster that was the Dublin 2010 show is long buried but hopefully we won't see that type of show ever again. I did enjoy the 2012 show with thin Lizzy supporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Aviva Stadium.. Late Aug/Early Sept.

Thats what Ive been told anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

prinzeugen wrote: »

By whom?

prinzeugen wrote: »

There's an American football game there on the last weekend of Aug and a soccer match on there in early sep.

Enjoyed acdc there but imagine tickets will sell out very fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The disaster that was the Dublin 2010 show is long buried but hopefully we won't see that type of show ever again.

Don't think so. Anyone I know who suffered it say they wouldn't pay a cent toward Axl Rose again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There's an American football game there on the last weekend of Aug and a soccer match on there in early sep.

Enjoyed acdc there but imagine tickets will sell out very fast

I believe its either the weekend before or the weekend after the American football.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Chris Pitman is definitely on board anyway...

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/status/684247755116560385

The two keyboardists thing never sat right with me, going back to when they added Teddy 'Zig Zag' Andreadis to the show for the UYI tour in 1991 after Izzy had left. With the girls on backing vocals they became something of a cabaret band.

Interesting to see how they do the show, will they split it into sections i.e. for Appetite, UYI, CD. The idea of Slash playing any CD songs live is hilarious but it would be a huge kick in the balls for Axl if there are no CD songs on the next GNR tour!

Well duff toured with the band and played CD songs so it wouldn't be that big a shock to here the top hatted one to play them.

Never got and still don't get Chris pitman. They had a keyboard player and it was dizzy.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well duff toured with the band and played CD songs so it wouldn't be that big a shock to here the top hatTed one to play them.

Never got and still don't get Chris pitman. They had a keyboard player and it was dizzy.

See what an extra letter can do to a sentence!?

See what an extra letter can do to a sentence!?

Yeah damn auto correct.

the reunion will prob be like this lol. good old snakes n barrells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Well duff toured with the band and played CD songs so it wouldn't be that big a shock to here the top hatted one to play them.

Didnt slash not write some of CD. Am pretty sure I heard demos of rhiad and the bedaouins and chinese democracy with slash playing. So wouldnt be too far a stretch. Do think they will do the hits though so doubt anything new will be on the setlist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Didnt slash not write some of CD. Am pretty sure I heard demos of rhiad and the bedaouins and chinese democracy with slash playing. So wouldnt be too far a stretch. Do think they will do the hits though so doubt anything new will be on the setlist

No. CD started with Paul Huge and Axl with Josh Freeze, Pittman, Dizzy Buckethead, Finck & Stinson

Iconic Lineup to Headline COACHELLA Music & Arts Festival in April in Indio, CA

January 5, 2016 – Upholding a three-decade tradition of breaking ground, creating trends, and forever changing the face of rock ‘n’ roll, Guns N’ Roses announce the most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of this century. Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will regroup to headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival (April 15-17 & April 22-24)—as announced last night!

For months, critics and audiences alike have generated immense excitement and speculation over the possible regrouping of the iconic line-up. The April performances will mark the first time since 1993 the Gunners will share the stage for what is certain to be an explosive event. For more information please visit www.gunsnroses.com.

Following the group’s 1985 formation, Guns N’ Roses injected unbridled, unrivaled, and unstoppable attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene. The spirit went on to captivate the entire world with the release of their 1987 debut Appetite for Destruction –the best-selling U.S. debut ever, moving 30 million copies globally. In 1991, the seven-time platinum Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II occupied the top two spots of the Billboard Top 200 upon release. Over the course of the past decade, Guns N’ Roses have performed sold out shows and headlined festivals worldwide following the critically acclaimed release of 2008’s RIAA platinum-certified Chinese Democracy. Six studio albums later, Guns N’ Roses are one of the most important and influential acts in music history and continue to set the benchmark for live performances connecting with millions of fans across the globe.

www.gunsnroses.com

#GnFnR
    #coachella

Judging by Frank Ferrer's social media updates it looks like the line-up is Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Fortus, Pittman and Ferrer

So the question remains - Was Izzy asked? Why were Sorum and Adler excluded? Is this a gentle reunion of the big three before a full blown reunion with Izzy and Sorum/Adler in 2017 to mark the 30th Anniversary of Appetite for Destruction

Regardless it is major news that Slash is back onstage with Axl after some of the comments Axl said about him in recent years - "He's a cancer, better off removed, should never have been in GNR and the less that is heard of him and his supporters the better."

When asked about a reunion - "Not in this lifetime."

Red King wrote: »
    Judging by Frank Ferrer's social media updates it looks like the line-up is Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Fortus, Pittman and Ferrer

So the question remains - Was Izzy asked? Why were Sorum and Adler excluded? Is this a gentle reunion of the big three before a full blown reunion with Izzy and Sorum/Adler in 2017 to mark the 30th Anniversary of Appetite for Destruction

Regardless it is major news that Slash is back onstage with Axl after some of the comments Axl said about him in recent years - "He's a cancer, better off removed, should never have been in GNR and the less that is heard of him and his supporters the better."

It's amazing what the addition of numerous zeros after a sum of money will do!

It's amazing what the addition of numerous zeros after a sum of money will do!

To be fair, I don't think it is as simple as that. There have been numerous reports from promoters over the years that Axl turned down millions upon millions to do a reunion. He even fired Doc McGee (?) and Irvine Azoff over their attempts to engineer a reunion.

I've no doubt that izzy was asked, but I mean izzy has given off the impression in the past of not wanting to do full tours which depending on how things go.

I think steven isn't involved because I don't think axl,slash, and duff trust him enough(jesus never taught I'd be saying that in the present tense), as he hasn't to my knowledge shown he's able to stay sober long enough. And it's sad he isn't involved as he's been on about a reunion for years and now that it's actually happening he's not involved.

With matt well as good of a drummer as he is, I can't stand him as a person so maybe the lads aren't that fond of him as we think.

To be fair, I don't think it is as simple as that. There have been numerous reports from promoters over the years that Axl turned down millions upon millions to do a reunion. He even fired Doc McGee (?) and Irvine Azoff over their attempts to engineer a reunion.

So what's changed now ? I don't think duff and his part in all this can be understated. He clearly was the guy that helped broker a peace between axl and slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Slash playing in Guns N Roses again. Miracles do happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I was hoping the original 5 would just play Appetite and Lies every night:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Slash playing in Guns N Roses again. Miracles do happen!

Ha, even reading that makes me think "Woah, that's not right. Something not right here."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

went googlin for something related to this the other day and for a second time came across the Q+A Axl did a few years ago. Granted it was associated with the mygnrforum which I've heard is run by loons but it's quite interesting.It's not all down to the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Everything in the music business is all about cash...

Its clearly not all down to the money.

Axl has turned down huge sums in the past to reunite. He even fired two if his managers over them trying to engineer a reunion against his wishes and even sued Irvine Azoff over it. Which cost him millions.

Axl is loaded. He has never needed the money and his hatred for Slash has been well documented.

The most obvious answer is that Duff was the key to resolving their issues. I also think Slash divorcing Perla played a part. Axl despised her by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Axl has turned down huge sums in the past to reunite. He even fired two if his managers over them trying to engineer a reunion against his wishes and even sued Irvine Azoff over it. Which cost him millions.

Axl is loaded. He has never needed the money and his hatred for Slash has been well documented.

The most obvious answer is that Duff was the key to resolving their issues. I also think Slash divorcing Perla played a part. Axl despised her by all accounts.

Axl fired Azoff because Azoff screwed up the touring plans for Chinese, and the supposed touring run with Van Halen in '09

I would say that some of the reunion is down to cold hard cash, for one has Axl paid off the tab he racked up making Chinese Democracy and whatever else if anything was recorded over that 17 year period.. That is a massive assumption to make, I don't doubt Duff being the peacemaker, he seems like that kind of person.. Again another massive assumption

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Axl fired Azoff because Azoff screwed up the touring plans for Chinese, and the supposed touring run with Van Halen in '09

I would say that some of the reunion is down to cold hard cash, for one has Axl paid off the tab he racked up making Chinese Democracy and whatever else if anything was recorded over that 17 year period.. That is a massive assumption to make, I don't doubt Duff being the peacemaker, he seems like that kind of person.. Again another massive assumption

Which Axl countersued for alleging it was a deliberate ploy to force a reunion - http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/958191/axl-rose-slams-irving-azoff-in-5-million-countersuit

Yes, when Best Buy offered cold hard cash up front for the exclusive rights to sell the album it was an offer the record company couldn't turn down as it amounted to what they had invested in the project. Hence why they took the money and ran.

Axl himself supposedly invested some money in the project but he has toured the world extensively since then and even had two Vegas residencies. He more than made his money back.

As for Perla, his dislike for her has been rumoured for a long time and there has been much talk of the reunion being put on hold until her divorce with Slash was finalised as she was also his business manager and would have been involved in any reunion.

EDIT: And here Slash tells GQ that an offer of over $100million was turned down - http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/jan/11/slash-millions-guns-roses and despite the claim in that piece that it was Slash who turned it down it was actually Axl. A reunion always depended on him as he owns the name.

The gnr wiki page is a good sight to see. It's current members include slash and duff. And it's not a hoax.

The gnr wiki page is a good sight to see. It's current members include slash and duff. And it's not a hoax.

Why would it be a hoax? There has been an official press release concerning their return.

Why would it be a hoax? There has been an official press release concerning their return.

It isn't a hoax but prior to the recent announcements if that had happened it would have been seen as someone messing with Wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Huh? Slash hadn't even met her by the time he left GNR, so how would Axl ever have come across her?

Advertisement