Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where do I hand in my provisional License Application

• 10-12-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Question in the title basically, I'm going to be in Dublin City tomorrow, is there anywhere in dublin I can hand it in
    Also does anyone know where I can get a passport photo and eye exam.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Your local motor tax office is where you need to bring the application for your LEARNER PERMIT. You need a eye test, two passport photos, a passport and i think it's 15 quid of a fee.
    Im not 100% sure, but i believe it has to be your local motor tax office, ie if you're not living in Dublin then applying in your local motor tax office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭archdukefranz

Do I need any proof of ID with me or address?

Know where I can find out where my local tax office is
    I live in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do I need any proof of ID with me or address?
    They may ask for ID so it's advisable to have it.
    Know where I can find out where my local tax office is
    I live in the city centre.
    Your local MTO is on the east side of Queen Street approximately half way between King Street North and Ellis Quay. It's to the west of Smithfield Square through Blackhall Walk - a pedestrian route to the west of the square.

Here's a pic of it taken from the west side of Queen Street.

DCCMotorTaxOffice-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭archdukefranz

thanks dude, the <SNIP> are only open 9:30 till 3:30, arrived just after closing, missed em by minutes... didn't realise they closed so early until i checked on their website.
    Its a fairly rare occurance that I've got time off work to do this stuff during the week, really irritating the way they do this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mind the language archduke!
    really irritating the way they do this ****.
    They are in a no-win situation. if they opened full hours, they wouldn't get time to process the applications etc. If they allocated staff specifically to processing applications, there would be less staff at the counters and longers queues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can apply by post; just expect it to be delayed 'somewhat' longer. I've no idea what the Dublin delays are, but its 3 weeks in Kildare vs. counter apps.

Advertisement