Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What price should i charge?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 5:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hy guys.How much sould i charge for fixing a computer.What i did is:
    Install a new windows system
    Install antivirus and other programs and i clean it inside.It took me about 3 hours.Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I'd say €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Why did you 'fix' the computer and then still reinstall the OS

IMO all you did was click some buttons and do extremely basic stuff given description.
    so I say charge minimum wage

edit
    if it took you 3 hours to do what you did you sound like a bit of a chancer no offence intended. I said minimum wage but for 1 hour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

IMO all you did was click some buttons and do extremely basic stuff given description.

edit
    if it took you 3 hours to do what you did you sound like a bit of a chancer no offence intended. I said minimum wage but for 1 hour

Lol.I took every single piece out...the motherboard, hard drive and others, i clean them then i put them back because the owner asked me to do that.Then i installed the windows,(i searched on internet 30 minutes for compatible drivers..The pc is made fot vista and i installed xp.I installed some programs such as antivirus and others.It really took me almost 3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

edit

LOL

So there ya go OP. 8.65 for all your work!

Id say 70/75 is pefectly reasonalble.

Ok..thanks.I`ll charge 70 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Companion Cube

Exactly how did you "fix" his machine, re-installing the OS is the equivalent of trying to find a needle in a haystack with a box of dynamite.

And removing all the internal components to clean them was a waste of both of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Lol.I took every single piece out...the motherboard, hard drive and others, i clean them then i put them back because the owner asked me to do that.Then i installed the windows,(i searched on internet 30 minutes for compatible drivers..The pc is made fot vista and i installed xp.Iinstalled some programs such as antivirus and others.It really took me almost 3 hours.

Talking everything out and putting it back in should take a half an hour to an hour.Also,why were you letting the customer tell you what to do (he is paying for your expertise after all)if It was me,I would tell him that isn't nessicary to completly take apart the computer.

People appriciate you saving them some money,you know.Repeat business comes from happy customers

Why did you install XP instead of Vista,unless the customer requested it.

Free Anti-Virus/Programs or paid ones.The free one's state in their TOS's that they are not for business use (making money of the program)

The customer told me to put xp, also the customer told me to take out every single part and clean it.I told him..is not necessary to take all parts out..He told me he will find another guy to do that...The windows and antivirus are paid not free or warez.I dont think you would do that job for 30 euro.Maybe i used the word "fixed" in a wrong sentence.Sorry for that..english in not my first language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

The free one's state in their TOS's that they are not for business use (making money of the program)

That means you can't sell the program or use it for business use but it does not mean you cant install the program for a home user and charge them for installing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

The customer told me to put xp, also the customer told me to take out every single part and clean it.I told him..is not necessary to take all parts out..He told me he will find another guy to do that...The windows and antivirus are paid not free or warez.I dont think you would do that job for 30 euro.Maybe i used the word "fixed" in a wrong sentence.Sorry for that..english in not my first language.

Ah,fair enough,75 quid sounds alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement