Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a tutor for Excel college project.

Options
  • 09-11-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, I am not sure if people usually post these type of posts on this forum but I need to find a tutor to help me with a college project using microsoft excel. Have recently transfered from one college to another in Dublin and I have not covered excel before so don't really know where to start on my project. The project is based on collecting and grouping data relating to the population of all counties in Ireland along with drawing charts and doing some calculations. Am willing to pay for some tutorage in this as I am worried that I will mess it up and it is worth a healty chunk of the years over all % for the module. I am in DCU and would preferably meet there on campus but not fussy. Pm me if you are interested with your rate or if you have any suggestions I would like to hear them.

P.s, this is not a bid to pay somebody to do my project for me but to just help me learn how to do it for myself.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not exactly what you are looking for but possibly the best tutor you can get for Excel is a combination of the help folder and Google.

Try using Office 2007 as well if you can as it will prompt you for the data required for any function you are entering and make the whole experience a bit easier.

I've always found making logical assumptions about what you want to accomplish in excel can lead you on the path to finding a function which will perform those actions for you. Just get in there and tackle the problem, the best way to learn stuff like this is to do it.

Finally, asking on places like here with specific problems can often present you with several solutions and possibly give you a better insight into the program as a whole.

Best of luck with your project and I do hope you'll find someone to help you.

P.S. Check with your lecturer before paying someone to see if there are any support courses being run in your college for common programs like this.

Advertisement