Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIOR CERT NEXT WEEK ADVISE/TIPS?

• 27-05-2014 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

im doing my junior cert next week and trying not to get stressed out about it. i haven't had the best of years as i've been sick most of the year and haven't been to school so i've missed alot and honestly i just can't wait for the exams to be over. im really going to put the effort in and study all this week and hope for the best on the day. i would just like some advice about the exams. is the junior cert hard? study tips? and maybe some tips on what areas i should cover in particular in these subjects:
    geography (hl)
    science (hl)
    irish (hl)

thanks and have a nice day :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Junior Cert can be hard in the sense that it's a new experience, but other than that it's plain sailing to be honest. There are no trick questions. The people marking your papers are trying their level best to give you as many marks as possible.
    As for tips, don't kill yourself studying - take plenty of breaks, get some fresh air, get some sleep (seriously, 8 hours minimum per night), eat properly and regularly, practice answering past exam papers... Above all, stop stressing, it's the Junior Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Hello There,
    I am doing my JC next week too! :)
    I am stressed over it too but what I think....
    1. Eat a good breakfast on the day!
    2. Get rest.
    3. Avoid the stressing (keep calm)
    4. Dont cram the night before, hopefully you have studied already as well as me

By the way, I am just curious but does anyone know if you can do Higher Level English in Leaving Cert if you have done Ordinary Level English in the Junior Cert?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jamie124 wrote: »
    By the way, I am just curious but does anyone know if you can do Higher Level English in Leaving Cert if you have done Ordinary Level English in the Junior Cert?

Yes you can, though you mght find it difficult. HL English for JC gets people started on the road to writing answers using the language and format expected in HL LC, but there is no reason you couldn't do it. You should alwasy do as many HL subjects as you can, even if you only expect a D in them.

Your school may have its own rules about who gets into the HL class, but the SEC don't care what level you did at JC, or if you ever did a JC.

Advertisement