CI and IVCA - Page 7 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-02-2013, 16:07   #91
High Nellie
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by morana View Post
That would be the intention a few courses that could be used in rotation. an initial safety assessment that would be done once and used many times. I wouldnt want it mixed in with the open races. It would also only require a CC licence as it would be a akin to a club league.

I think a masters championship based on age is certainly do-able. The UCI dont recognise Vet as a category therefore the Vets champs has no standing in the UCI hence there is no points on offer for it.

I dont think there isnt enough riders to do the events but it would require a bit of management and you would need people to skip races to marshall.

But as I said if anybody feels we could move this forward I am happy to accommodate and become involved.
I think it would be worth suggesting to the club that will be hosting the Vets Championships to add on a couple of Masters categories, and for CI to award National Championships from these.

It should be attractive to the promoting clubs as there would be little extra organization or costs, but more income (these are usually on a circuit, so it would be the same circuit but with fewer laps as in most normal events - no extra marshals etc - just a couple of lead cars).

There probably aren't enough riders for all the recognised Masters categories and it wouldn't be feasible to run them anyway. So, in practice, it might look like the normal Vets Championships with, for the sake of argument:
  • Vets race over 4 laps (for the sake of argument) for Vets Championships (catering for all comers over 35 who want to have a go - this is a very high standard)
  • 50-59 race over 3 laps with Championship awarded to the first 50-54 and 55-59 age group
  • Over 60s, over 2 laps...
Or it could be any similar formula. Some will argue that there mightn't be enough riders to justify it, but the same could be said for any 'minority' category and you have to start at some level, e.g. women category.

Of course it could be a problem for CI as they would be running no-recognized UCI category (Vets) and recognised-UCI categories (Masters) in the same event.

Last edited by High Nellie; 27-02-2013 at 17:09.
Advertisement
27-02-2013, 17:01   #92
morana

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Nellie View Post
Of course it could be a problem for CI as they would be running no-recognized UCI category (Vets) and recognised-UCI categories (Masters) in the same event.
It wouldnt be a problem for us (CI) but he promoter might not be in a position to do it as their weekend is very pressurised.
I would prefer it away from the Nationals maybe a week before them
27-02-2013, 19:40   #93
ragazzo

Looks like the days of rolling up to sign on an hour before the race are coming to an end. CI bringing in pre-registration for races for the 2014 season. Limited fields for handicap races (up to 80k) including A4 category from 1st April 2013. This is being done on safety grounds. The IVCA are before their time it seems.
Check the article on the CI website.
27-02-2013, 19:52   #94
killalanerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragazzo View Post
Looks like the days of rolling up to sign on an hour before the race are coming to an end. CI bringing in pre-registration for races for the 2014 season. Limited fields for handicap races (up to 80k) including A4 category from 1st April 2013. This is being done on safety grounds. The IVCA are before their time it seems.
Check the article on the CI website.
woo what an incredible ground braking group the IVCA are
pre-registration for CI i events in ulster has been in place for the past few seasons the different being you can register a week so before the event then just roll up on the day with no hoops to jump,nothing new here
Thanks from:
27-02-2013, 20:48   #95
morana

Quote:
Originally Posted by killalanerr View Post
woo what an incredible ground braking group the IVCA are
pre-registration for CI i events in ulster has been in place for the past few seasons the different being you can register a week so before the event then just roll up on the day with no hoops to jump,nothing new here
Well if we are points scoring it has been in place for as long as I can remember in National Championships and as killer says it has been in place in Ulster for ages now also.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion