Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long does weed stay in urine

• 29-07-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just wondering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Don't put it in urine. It'll get wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Who cares?

Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

It can float there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just wondering........A likely story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

It stays there until your thumbs stop being weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Between 4 and 67 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

An interview with one of our FDI companies have we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Why hasn't this been moved to the Cycling board?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Was drug tested at work tonight. I have been off the weed 4 years, 3 weeks ago I smoked a joint and then this **** happens. Am I ****ed? Or would it be gone in 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Asking for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The Drug Squad gets notified anytime there is a red flag with these tests.

Better off to hand yourself in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

AFAIK if your a light user it leaves your system quicker. About 10 days for you I'd say OP if you only had a few puffs 3 weeks ago. But don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Would your work even care?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Would your work even care?

Nah, sure they just do drug tests for the craic like.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nah, sure they just do drug tests for the craic like.

Some employers are more concerned about harder drugs. I know someone who tested for THC and their work took no action. Obviously, a lot of places would have a different attitude and legally speaking they usually have every right to terminate if they wish to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You cover it up by taking some opiates a week before the test IIRC.

How long does it take to get the results does anyone no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Was drug tested at work tonight. I have been off the weed 4 years, 3 weeks ago I smoked a joint and then this **** happens. Am I ****ed? Or would it be gone in 3 weeks

One joint three weeks ago and you're not a regular user?

You're perfectly fine. You'll pass.

• Just say that it was from a bagel you ate.

This reminds me of the guy that was asking what the age of consent is in Ireland over on the Ireland sub at Reddit. When he realized people were upvoting it, he started to panic. Ended up with 4000 upvotes (I believe) and was the only thread on that sub to reach the front page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/2rsrzw/age_of_consent_in_ireland/?sort=confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/04/22/how-long-thc-stay-system/

Extreme cases up to 7 weeks, frequent users 10 days dependant on the amount of marijuana consumed & the individuals metabolism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Drug testing employees is not legal in Ireland. It's a violation of privacy.

The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 requires employees to submit to drug tests if reasonable.

These are expected to be implemented only in safety-critical sectors.

The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, (s.13) requires employees not to be under the influence at work, and to submit to drug tests if reasonable; it is an offence, punishable by fine or prison, to fail to do this (s.77).

Employer can ask a doctor to check an employee's medical fitness to work, (s.23).

Doctor should tell employer of decision, and employee of reason for decision, (s.8) obliges the employer to provide a safe place of work.

Source...http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/html.cfm/index16901EN.html

OneOfThem wrote: »
    One joint three weeks ago and you're not a regular user?

You're perfectly fine. You'll pass.

I was a regular user a few years back. I smoked a joint and a half around 3 weeks ago. It's dodgy lik but hopefuly I pass because I'm not a drug user anymore it was just a one time **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You should be grand if it was only one or two joints.

Apparently weed can be detected for longer in hair and nails so I recommend a Gattaca style scrubbing regime to prevent your bosses from getting any illicit samples left behind in your workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

You're probably alright in this case. But unfortunate timing alright. They pretty much do this to ensure that people don't know when they'll be tested and will stay off the stuff in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭Justice4Adolf

You can go to a clinic in Switzerland where they hook you up to some lines and equipment and swop out your blood for a fresh batch.

You can go to a clinic in Switzerland where they hook you up to some lines and equipment and swop out your blood for a fresh batch.
    Great if you're Keith Richards, fúck all use to the OP with his urine test ;) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭Justice4Adolf

You could buy a top of the range Merc.
    Whoever doing the test just put the keys and the log book in their
    shirt pocket as a little thank you gift. Nod and a wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

eternal wrote: »
    The actual answer here is up to a month. A lot longer than class a's and there has been numerous well informed threads if you had bothered to use search.
    That's for chronic use. one spliff probably won't last that long.
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, (s.13) requires employees not to be under the influence at work, and to submit to drug tests if reasonable; it is an offence, punishable by fine or prison, to fail to do this (s.77).
    The problem with that would be the test for cannabis isn't going to tell the employer that the person is under the influence, just that they've used cannabis at some stage over the last few days/weeks. So it's pointless giving people the test in the hopes you can use it to fire them.

Everyone could technically test positive for cannabis whether they've used the drug or not. So they work on limits. At this stage the amount of the chemical their testing for should be reduced to acceptable numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexicanfan

Ages

Advertisement