Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College Shopping

Options
  • 17-08-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to get a shopping trip in before I return to college and was wondering where is the best place to go that has a good variety of shops for jeans, shoes and the basics (tops, jumpers etc)

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

If your in Dublin, I'd head into Henry Street and Jervis Street. Theres a huge Penneys, New Look and Forever 21, and also Bershka in Jervis and a big Dunnes on Henry Street and a Zara. I'd say you'll get a nice variety of things in these shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Have a look in H&M as well. I picked up some nice garments from their latest collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Thought this question would fit in with this thread, which high street store does the nicest quality/fitting skinny jeans? I have been wearing the Leigh Jeans by Topshop (which aren't even really jeans) and I love the fit but the quality is awful. Anyone have any good experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

rorrissey wrote: »
    Thought this question would fit in with this thread, which high street store does the nicest quality/fitting skinny jeans? I have been wearing the Leigh Jeans by Topshop (which aren't even really jeans) and I love the fit but the quality is awful. Anyone have any good experiences?

I like Zara for jeans! And possibly River Island! Make sure you try on any pairs ya see in Zara! Sizing can be crazy in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

rorrissey wrote: »
    I got 3 lovely pairs in New Look in late June, I tried 8 or 9 pairs in various styles and for once, I could have bought any of them! Definitely worth a try. Their denim has improved this year IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I have gotten great jeans from River Island over the years. They fit well and wash well. They're well priced too.

Zara have lovely jeans but I find the leg length can be a bit too long for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

ENMcD wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping to get a shopping trip in before I return to college and was wondering where is the best place to go that has a good variety of shops for jeans, shoes and the basics (tops, jumpers etc)

Tia

Dundrum gets a big thumbs up from me, if you're in Dublin.

Advertisement