Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga for weight loss

• 09-02-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I picked up a book called 'Yoga for weight loss' by Celia Hawe. I started the program today and am feeling really motivated about it. I'm planning to do it from home as I haven't really the money to go to Yoga classes.
    I was just wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or suggestions they wouldn't mind sharing. I'd really appreciate it.
    Looking forward to your replies,
    Tufterween

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lucyw

Hi, Tufterween,
    I teach yoga asana practice in Belmullet, which is probably a bit far for you, but if a yoga teacher is genuine, they will see if they can make allowances for people who are on limited income either by giving a free class, to motivate, or by reducing the cost of classes to a manageable level. You have nothing to lose by asking! As for practicing from a book, that's not a bad place to start at all. Well done for getting yourself going and give yourself plenty of compassionate encouragment. Yoga is a spiritual journey as well as a physical one and you'll find that you have to confront yourself in very many aspects as you go along and that can be hugely challenging so remember to check back to the basis that has drawn you to this approach in the first place, the knowledge that dealing with things is better than suppressing them, and that you cannot avoid life which necessarily includes letting go as well as receiving. See if you can make a goal to practice every day for a week, and see how you get on. Then for two weeks, giving yourself a break if you need it. The best advice I ever got was to review the day on going to bed. If I found I had succeeded with my goals, I could congratulate myself for the achievment. If, more often, I had not, I could congratulate myself for recognising that, and reaffirm that I would work to make things more achievable by relying on compassion and love, and not on judgment and disparagment, to motivate myself along the way. Peace in the Way and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Hi Lucy,
    thanks for the reply. Sorry for not writing back sooner, haven't been online in a while. I'm getting on alright with practicing from home. I love your idea of having short term goals to accomplish over the day or week. I think I'll start that tomorrow.
    I'm finding the yoga from home really helpful for muscular pains that I had before and for peace of mind as well. I think I'll be starting a yoga class close to where I live next month as well so I'm looking forward to that.
    Thanks a million for the advice,
    Tufty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement