Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were you on school around the corner!

• 26-08-2007 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

I was, 1991, just got the DVD from RTE, dam its cringing, Gerry Ryan eh!

Gave us all a signed scribbled picture so we wouldnt go up to him afterwards!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I thought you ment the real "School around the corner" with Paddy Crosbie from 1962. Now that would be retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Best I managed was Blackboard Jungle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

zuutroy wrote:
    Best I managed was Blackboard Jungle.
    Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My brother was in the studio audience in School around the corner and came home with an autographed picture of Gerry Ryan! Our school was probably too small for BB Jungle, "for the runners up, these stylish cd walkmans and the overall winner..a minibus!" (or something similar) but they were on a more recent one called Gridlock with that big eejit, Derek Mooney. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Yep, I had Paddy Crosbie as my teacher in his last year in Brunner ,in 1973 I think, a good teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Hagar wrote:
    I thought you ment the real "School around the corner" with Paddy Crosbie from 1962. Now that would be retro.

My mother was on that when she was young. I'd love to be able to get the footage !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

My mother was on that when she was young. I'd love to be able to get the footage !!!

I'd love to get hold of Yore Ma ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Anyway, my mate was on the Gerry Ryan version. Discussing dinosaurs! :) He says he has it taped, must see if he can put it up on youtube or summat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

ah yes gridlock, the show where nobody understood the rules :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

brightkane wrote:
    just got the DVD from RTE

youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Dont have the know how!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

our class was on scrap or scratch saturday when I was getting my tonsils out. I was happier bypassing my 15 minutes for 2 whole weeks off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roche

My parents made me watch that ****e on Sunday night before Where in the World and Glenroe. Those kids with their limited talent and Gerry Ryan trying to get them to embarress themselves. Gerry Ryan is still creepy - and that ****e show 'Secrets.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cinderella2004

Hello, Ive been searching for ages for a way to get an episode from school around the corner in 1991, Would you be able to help, I was on it in sept 91, Any assistance greatly appricated

:)
    brightkane wrote: »
    I was, 1991, just got the DVD from RTE, dam its cringing, Gerry Ryan eh!

Gave us all a signed scribbled picture so we wouldnt go up to him afterwards!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hello, Ive been searching for ages for a way to get an episode from school around the corner in 1991, Would you be able to help, I was on it in sept 91, Any assistance greatly appricated

:)
    Possibly your best bet would be to contact RTE asking them if they have it, don't think many people recorded this :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I was on Jo Maxi once. True story although useless information in your quest to track down your episode of school around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Roche wrote: »
    that ****e show 'Secrets.'
    God yeah I remember that. Tom and Gerry's bob-a-job ftw :pac:

No, I was never on School Around The Corner. I was always jealous of the kids who were, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Finally got round to ripping 2 segments and sticking it on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BmFkbpBYvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mURprK5PVg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I remember having to learn to play the theme tune on tin whistle when in primary school. We used to watch it every week.

I remember the grunge tank in Secrets and the time Brenda got covered in slurry. That was funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭pawrick

The Don wrote: »
    I remember having to learn to play the theme tune on tin whistle when in primary school. We used to watch it every week.

I remember the grunge tank in Secrets and the time Brenda got covered in slurry. That was funny :D

I had to learn it on the keyboard but even worse then that we learned the words to The By-road to Glenroe in national school and had to sing it, also some christmas cliff Richard song - they had to have been taking the piss with us!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

pawrick wrote: »
    I had to learn it on the keyboard but even worse then that we learned the words to The By-road to Glenroe in national school and had to sing it, also some christmas cliff Richard song - they had to have been taking the piss with us!!!!!!!!

We had to learn both of those aswell. I can barely even remember that Cliff Richard song. Ah, how innocent I was back then. I wonder what songs they teach the kids now?

Advertisement