Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much would you charge for...

• 13-01-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

a basic Wordpress install with a nice theme from themeforest? Might need to edit the theme but in this case, lets pretend not to...

Ok, they don't have a domain, hosting or anything just yet and they are looking to get it done.

They are a video production company so the content is already there.

I have a rough idea in my head but I'd love to know what you would charge for this personally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

If I was working I would take following:
    Hosting: no need to pay me for this, either you use the free hosting or find some.
    domain: no need to pay me, but buy hosting for a year, around 10 euro per year.
    install and set ups, domain redirections, nameservers etc.. : 15 euro,
    editing theme: depends on how much editing required, I would do it for about 15 euro.

But I am not professional, but those are my prices when I do stuff online. That can just give you rough idea how easy job is. You could do it yourself by just following tutorials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Work out costs for domain, hosting, etc. and then determine how long you'll spend working on the project. Decide your hourly rate and calculate cost.

If it's just a simple WordPress install and you're adding an off-the-shelf theme, I can't imagine it'll take more than half an hour once the domain and hosting are sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thomascullen

It depends completely on how much editing you have to do. As said above i would charge around 15 for the install. But after that i would have a starting price of 20 - 40 and then ad on 15 per hours work. So lets say you have to edit the entire look of the theme, then we are talking around 100 - 120 total cost.

You have to bare in mind that websites cost around 400 - 600 and over 1000 for wordpress. so anything bellow 200 is very cheap! I have a starting price of 400 for a brochure site ( just html,css, javascript ) and 600 for wordpress.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You have to bare in mind that websites cost around 400 - 600 and over 1000 for wordpress. so anything bellow 200 is very cheap! I have a starting price of 400 for a brochure site ( just html,css, javascript ) and 600 for wordpress.

Says who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

You have to bare in mind that websites cost around 400 - 600 and over 1000 for wordpress.

Not professionally built ones. They cost a hell of a lot more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

im...LOST, out of the list you've provided it makes sense to charge for theme customization only. There are lots of hosts out there who have 1-click installs for Wordpress and who might even help you uploading a theme. So, it costs you at most 30 minutes of your time, assuming client is paying for hosting.
    Then it is down to how much customization template requires and who will be uploading the content.

Advertisement