Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ska, Rocksteady, Dub, Reggae

• 15-04-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey Looking for anyone interested in playing some ska rocksteady dub and reggae based music in the waterford city area.(willing to travel)
    currently have a drummer and guitar.

would be looking for bass, keyboard, any brass and vocalist.

influences include, the slackers, senior all stars, king tubby, the specials, anything really.

get in contact if you would be interested.

even if we were to rework popular cover songs and get gigging .

just looking to see if there is any interest and like minded people about

any questions just ask

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kieraneaton

I may well be interested. I play bass guitar and saxophones and sing. Plenty of ska experience. And I mean plenty!! You going to the ska festival in Tramore this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trainwreck

Hi I'm playing trombone for 2 years would class myself as a beginner. I can play some of the specials, bad manners on it. A message to you rudy + solo, Guns of navarone + solo in key of G, Ghost town - solo out of my range, Sally brown etc. As I am a beginner would like to get some experience from other brass sections say a jam or rehersal.

I've been playing ska since the start of Skunk back in 2000. No worries with solos, if I'm playing sax that is!! I've been into ska since the 2 Tone era. I'm not bothered by experience level, if it works together that's the most important thing to me. If you happen to be at the Tramore ska festival tonight, say hello!! I'm playing at 9.00 with Skazoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trainwreck

I've been into ska since the 2 Tone era.
    same here. Yeah Ive seen ye a few times thought ye were good. I cant make tonite. I'm based in south tipp. Let me know next gig in locality and we meet up and have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rocksteadyska

heys lads great to see some interest in this..have tried before with no replys..i ll be chatting with the drummer over the weekend..we must try and sort a meet up and have a jam..just wondering if any of ye have a place or know a suitable place to practice?

• Advertisement

bump

anyone else interested?

Howya.

Sorry, had a busy few days. I have a garage that I'm clearing at the moment. I can access a night club in Dungarvan when it's closed for practice sessions. How many are interested so far and what instruments have we?

We (Skazoo) have a gig in Gleesons in clonmel on the Sunday of the June bank holiday weekend if anyone wants to come have a listen. I'll be on sax that night.

guitar, drums, trombone and urself sax.

cool...where are you living? dungarvan might suit too tho

• Advertisement

I'm living in Dungarvan. Don't forget, I play bass and sing too!! Where are you?

We were on at the Tramore ska festival before Neville staple. He had a solo trombone as the brass section. Was hard work for him but sounded great. Would you have any interest in a trumpet player?

im in waterford city meself but shouldnt be a problem..wouldnt say no..if you think it wuld be good for the sound..only said tombone and sax because i was thinking along the lines of the band the slackers..u have bass and vocals too so we would still be able to jam with brass..that be great

What's your name by the way, do we know each other already? Check out my Facebook page under the same name. I'll ask the missus if she'd be interested. She plays trumpet with Skunk and occasionally with Skazoo. Trumpet certainly isn't necessary but in my opinion it adds a punch that's missed if it's not there.

hey..sorry for late reply..not getting email notifacations...anyway..my name is jay flynn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭craiggannon

Hi, (well Kiera😊) u still looking for keys?im playing in another band, but not doing a whole lot. Wud be interested, have played some stand in gigs as well with Skazoo , in Waterford City,thnx
    Owen

Howya Jay.

What direction do you see this taking? Is it a gigging covers band or original?

Howya Jay.

What direction do you see this taking? Is it a gigging covers band or original?

open to whatever to be honest..just keen to play some ska and reggae stuff with a full band..what you thinking?

Hi, (well Kiera😊) u still looking for keys?im playing in another band, but not doing a whole lot. Wud be interested, have played some stand in gigs as well with Skazoo , in Waterford City,thnx
    Owen

thats sounds good man..

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ronanflynn

Hey.... The drummer here....When do we think we can get this thing going?

bump

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rudigotmarried

Hmmm waterford might be a bit to far but might be interested if other project fails,i have played with Bad Manners,The Specials,etc etc and played with ireland's most longest going ska band since 1992,have played rhythm guitar for donkey's years and occasionally filled in with base,not good with lead though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 juniorwells

Howya jimbo , hope ur keepn well man ðŸ˜႒ sori rocksteadyska for buttn in but havnt seen rudigotmarried for ages....i play sax but in dub.....best of luck with the band, h.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rudigotmarried

sussed lol

hey been a while since i ve been on..
    who and what do we have?

Advertisement