Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Congrats irishgirl19! My symptoms have been pretty mild, bit of queasiness in the mornings now and then but no actual vomiting, touch wood. I'm 10.5 weeks tomorrow so if I make it all the way to the 2nd trimester without it rearing it's head I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Dobbit wrote: »
    Congrats irishgirl19! My symptoms have been pretty mild, bit of queasiness in the mornings now and then but no actual vomiting, touch wood. I'm 10.5 weeks tomorrow so if I make it all the way to the 2nd trimester without it rearing it's head I'll be delighted.

Thanks for replying dobbit and congratulations to you too :-)
    I know if I hadn't have got the early pregnancy scan I would've been convinced I couldn't have been pregnant ha.
    These days are just so nerve wrecking for me. Can't wait to get to 12 weeks. I'm just very nervous for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Cograts again Irishgirl, I am on the Sept boards a bit as well. Because I am due so late in Aug I have a feeling I could be a Sept mummy.

Great to be further along, these 12 weeks are so nerve wrecking!

Wish I had less of the nausea, it is awful. There all day (gets so much worse closer to when I have to eat) and eating is a use task that always ends up with me retching. And it gets unbearable in the evenings but at least I am home from work at that stage.

My boobs havent been as bad since I started sleeping with a bra on, still sore but more manageable. In the mornings they used to be so painful!

Girls I have a question. I am booked in for an early scan next week when I will be 8wks 1 and I was wondering will we be able to hear the heartbeat then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I think so, although (TMI) it may be a vaginal scan. I saw it, as opposed to hearing it, at 8 weeks 6 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I saw it at 7+3, abdominal scan. Saw it again at 11+4 (12 week) and 16 week scans, heard it at 19 weeks with gp.

Yeah I only seen the heartbeat flash on the screen at 8 weeks. I just got a normal ultrasound though.

Not feeling as $h!t with the nausea today which is one way is nice but in another way has me worried. It would seem I am never happy :rolleyes:

Went to Holles Street this morning to get bloods taken in advance of my nuchal fold scan next week, first experience of doing anything so far other than my doctor confirming I was pregnant. It was pretty funny, the midwife was like "first baby?", me: "yes", her - absolutely deadpan "..congrats". She is probably sick of first timers going in being all excited, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Hi girls, been hovering for Couple of weeks watching and reading. Am due on 18th of August so just coming up to the 9 week mark and am crippled with all day naseau/vomiting the last week. Just seen you talking about bands, any reccomendations, I'd try anything at this stage, never had any with first pregnancy so this is an unwelcome shock! Congrats to everyone

• Advertisement

Hi girls, been hovering for Couple of weeks watching and reading. Am due on 18th of August so just coming up to the 9 week mark and am crippled with all day naseau/vomiting the last week. Just seen you talking about bands, any reccomendations, I'd try anything at this stage, never had any with first pregnancy so this is an unwelcome shock! Congrats to everyone

Congratulations!

I am using the sea bands - you can pick them up in any chemist, it uses accupuncture on a pressure point in your wrist. It doesnt completely kill the nausea but it definitely helps. It takes the edge off. I havent vomited since I started using them but the nausea is still bubbling away. It is more bearable now though - unless I get hungry then it is a nightmare.

Had a rough day with the nausea yesterday but I seem to be doing okish today. Usually I feel worse in the evening so we will see what later brings. The thought of this going on for another 4 weeks at least, until I get to 12 weeks makes me want to cry. I know I shouldnt complain because it really is a blessing but oh my god I am sick of feeling horrible. The headaches I was getting in the first few weeks are still here and they are pretty constant. Which doesnt help on top of the nausea.

On a brighter note I have my early scan booked for this Thursday - I will be 8 wks 1 day and I am so excited. Also absolutely $h!tting it. I am terrified there will be an issue. I dont think I will relax until it is over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I am using the sea bands - you can pick them up in any chemist, it uses accupuncture on a pressure point in your wrist. It doesnt completely kill the nausea but it definitely helps. It takes the edge off. I havent vomited since I started using them but the nausea is still bubbling away. It is more bearable now though - unless I get hungry then it is a nightmare.

Had a rough day with the nausea yesterday but I seem to be doing okish today. Usually I feel worse in the evening so we will see what later brings. The thought of this going on for another 4 weeks at least, until I get to 12 weeks makes me want to cry. I know I shouldnt complain because it really is a blessing but oh my god I am sick of feeling horrible. The headaches I was getting in the first few weeks are still here and they are pretty constant. Which doesnt help on top of the nausea.

On a brighter note I have my early scan booked for this Thursday - I will be 8 wks 1 day and I am so excited. Also absolutely $h!tting it. I am terrified there will be an issue. I dont think I will relax until it is over :rolleyes:

I will be getting one of the bands asap, constant naseau haven't ate anything other than toast and crackers for days! Friday was the worst, non stop vomiting from morning til 8.30 that night and it's tough with a 2 year old. Feeling like a very bad mam because all I want to do is lie down in a dark quiet room!

Oh scan is very exciting just booked by big one in holles St for 7th April so il be 21 weeks! Going to do an early one in 3/4 weeks just before we tell people.

Has anyone flown during first trimester. Have a flight booked when I'm in my 13th week
    Says its safe online but I'm very wary

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Has anyone flown during first trimester. Have a flight booked when I'm in my 13th week
    Says its safe online but I'm very wary

I will be flying at 13 weeks and I havent given it a second thought.

As far as I know airlines do not like/allow women to fly after 28 weeks as there is a chance they could go into labour. I don't think it is anything to do with actually flying.

My doctor advised me not to go anywhere until my 12 weeks are up so I imagine you'd be fine at 13. I'm flying at 24 weeks, baby or no baby I'm getting a holiday this year!!

My doctor advised me not to go anywhere until my 12 weeks are up so I imagine you'd be fine at 13. I'm flying at 24 weeks, baby or no baby I'm getting a holiday this year!!

Thanks dobbit. I'll see what the doc says but I think I might leave it because I'd be so early. I had booked it since the summer

Airlines only have an issue with flying in the later stages of pregnancy.

Like you Dobbit I am SO taking a holiday before this little one arrives and I cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My consultant had no issues with me travelling to the States before 12 weeks, so I wouldn't rule it out without speaking to doctor!

Airlines only have an issue with flying in the later stages of pregnancy.

Like you Dobbit I am SO taking a holiday before this little one arrives and I cant wait!

It might be the last one we get for years!

Some of my US based friends call it a baby-moon *puke*

It might be the last one we get for years!

Some of my US based friends call it a baby-moon *puke*

You are right it could be the last one for a while - certainly the last that doesn't revolve around kid friendly places lol.

Eh I think I will stick with calling it a bit of me time on a good old fashioned holiday.

Have you had you NF scan yet?

• Advertisement

You are right it could be the last one for a while - certainly the last that doesn't revolve around kid friendly places lol.

Eh I think I will stick with calling it a bit of me time on a good old fashioned holiday.

Have you had you NF scan yet?

Not til Friday morning, absolutely bricking it. Don't really "feel" pregnant right now but I've read that's kind of normal at my stage (11 + 3 today), still just won't be able to sit still until it's over. Your early scan is thursday right?

yep! Thursday at 9.30. I am so nervous! Just hope everything goes ok. I think seeing it on the screen will make it feel more real. I have symptoms but still just yearning to see that little flashing heartbeat for confirmation. I think it will be it all very real for my husband as well - especially as he doesn't get the joy (extreme sarcasm) of feeling all the symptoms.

Once our dates are confirmed we will be booking in for a NF scan then as well. And then our 12 week scan with the Coombe is on Feb 11. It still seems AGES away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Flying is fine in first/second trimesters unless for some reason your gp says you're high risk. You can't fly later purely because they don't want you going into labour on a flight, there are no risks with flying itself, nothing to be wary about. I flew at 12 and 13 weeks, didn't even give it a second thought. The only reason anyone would advise not to in the first trimester is the same CYA stuff as not being able to go to some spas etc, if something happened with the pregnancy you hypothetically could turn around and blame them/it. Pretty irrational but some people would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I flew at 9 weeks, as spotty says there's no medical reason you can't. AFAIK the reason people are sometimes advised not to is that it's often before your first scan, so it's to avoid dealing with an ectopic or miscarriage in a foreign country basically. There's no risk involved in the flying itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I flew at 6/7 weeks and was absolutely fine :)

Thanks everyone I think I will go now as a shame to be wasting the money we paid for it
    I registered with the coombe last week,does it normally take long for an appointment?
    Also can any of you advised me what an anomaly scan is and do the coombe give them. I seen a thread on this but I am new to all this lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The anomaly scan is done at 20-22 weeks where they check for some of the more common (but still rare) birth defects eg cleft lip, heart problems and others. It's quite detailed. The Coombe offer them to everyone so you will have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Thanks everyone I think I will go now as a shame to be wasting the money we paid for it
    I registered with the coombe last week,does it normally take long for an appointment?
    Also can any of you advised me what an anomaly scan is and do the coombe give them. I seen a thread on this but I am new to all this lol.

I got a letter from the Coombe after a few days with details of my first appointment, which was at exactly 12 weeks.

I have my anomaly scan there at 21 weeks. All of the Dublin hospitals do this scan.

Thanks green orchard and angel delight

• Advertisement

You should have your appointment five working days after posting the forms. I got mine over Christmas, I'll be exactly 12 wks on the day of the booking app.

I am with the Coombe but I haven't git an appointment for my anomaly scan yet is that normal? Or is it meant to come out with the booking appointment?

Advertisement