Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anime on Netflix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Just finished watching Knights of Sidonia. Loved it. The last 2 episodes were truly exciting television.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just finished watching Knights of Sidonia. Loved it. The last 2 episodes were truly exciting television.

Space Dandy season 1 has been added to Netflix UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Space Dandy season 1 has been added to Netflix UK and Ireland.

Awesome - fun show, that :D

Pity it's ended with Season 2, no more will come - but a film is expected.

The Devil is a Part Timer is now on Netflix US if anyone is using the US workaround.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Devil is a Part Timer is now on Netflix US if anyone is using the US workaround.

Watching it atm, not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 VladToBeHere

Swort Art Online is properly addictive, highly recommended if you're into any kind of video-game or sci-fi/fantasy type stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, Death Note Omamori Himari (though i dont know if its on Netflix). All these are really good. Also try Highschool of The Dead, really funny and alot of phallicism thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Swort Art Online is properly addictive, highly recommended if you're into any kind of video-game or sci-fi/fantasy type stories.

Season 2 of SAO [where it's set in GGO] really sucks ... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

BeerWolf wrote: »

Yup, I'm liking the 2nd season of Log Horizon more

BeerWolf wrote: »

SAO goes downhill rapidly after Aincrad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TickDigglers

PsychoPass that is all I will say....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

3 new series up on Netflix: Koutora-San, Arpeggio of Blue Steel and My Little Monster. Dunno who is listing them up there, Anime Limited is responsible for a lot of the series up there but no word of them getting these licenses.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    3 new series up on Netflix: Koutora-San, Arpeggio of Blue Steel and My Little Monster. Dunno who is listing them up there, Anime Limited is responsible for a lot of the series upp there but word of thme getting these licenses.

Anime Limited have already said that it wasn't them. They believe they were put up by Sentai.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They all appear to be subbed.

Another day, another dump of new anime. Seems Sword Art Online, Steins;Gate, Magi, FMA:Brotherhood, Fairy Tail and Yu-Gi-Oh! have appeared.

Whats interesting is that all the UK licenses for these are held by MangaUK, who generally get series that have their English streams with-held when the likes of Funimation get a broad English license.

Magi is up on the u.s Netflix but no sign of steins gate yet.

Magi is up on the u.s Netflix but no sign of steins gate yet.

All the titles Gunmonkey mentioned have been added to the UK/IRE Netflix, not all of them are currently available on the US version(Yugioh, Steins Gate, last 12 eps of FMA:Brotherhood).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Netflix ever get the final 12 episodes of FMA: Brotherhood?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will Netflix ever get the final 12 episodes of FMA: Brotherhood?

All the episodes are up on the UK/IRE version.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All the episodes are up on the UK/IRE version.

Excellent, thanks :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Just finished watching Kill La Kill, which I binged on over the last 3 days. And it was absolutely fantastic. Can anybody suggest what I should watch next?
    I don't usually have much time to sit down and watch so I would just like some suggestions. I just watched the first episode of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I dunno if I can commit to watching 5 series if its no good but i cant tell what yet. I've watched knights of sidonia already and really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

FMA: Brotherhood is downright one of the best anime shows there is, seriously worth the watch ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    FMA: Brotherhood is downright one of the best anime shows there is, seriously worth the watch ;)

Cool! Il get stuck in to it so:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It does seem like a big undertaking, so I can understand the hesitation at first, but it's downright glorious watching. Takes a few episodes to get into, but it's just got an incredible plot and some amazing characters. There's a reason why, when you look at the top anime on MAL FMA: Brotherhood is right there at number 1 unshakable. ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    It does seem like a big undertaking, so I can understand the hesitation at first, but it's downright glorious watching. Takes a few episodes to get into, but it's just got an incredible plot and some amazing characters. There's a reason why, when you look at the top anime on MAL FMA: Brotherhood is right there at number 1 unshakable. ;)

Yeah I don't mind watching it over a longer period if its worth it story wise. And if its as good as you say it is I'l be hooked in no time:D

Just finished watching Kill La Kill, which I binged on over the last 3 days. And it was absolutely fantastic. Can anybody suggest what I should watch next?
    I don't usually have much time to sit down and watch so I would just like some suggestions. I just watched the first episode of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I dunno if I can commit to watching 5 series if its no good but i cant tell what yet. I've watched knights of sidonia already and really enjoyed it.

Don't judge FMA:Brotherhood on its first episode as its the only piece of filler in the entire series. Brotherhood is a fantastic series though I think the original series does a better job at adapting to the earlier parts of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fma had both a English and English cc option for subtitles , cc is word for word the english dub with English being a translation of the Japanese.

Like the dub in this in any case.

Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor, Ikki Tousen Great Guardians and The Irregular at Magic High School are up on the u.s netflix.

Just wanted to say thanks guys for pointing me in the direction of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Just finished it and it was every bit as good as ye promised:D

• Advertisement

Heads up that MangaUK is adding a few more titles at the end of the week.

Jan 1st - Vampire Knight (seasons 1 & 2)
    Death Note (Season 1)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 2)

Jan 2nd - Black Butler (Season 2)
    Attack on Titan (Season 1)
    Blue Exorcist (Season 1)
    Psycho-Pass (Season 1)
    High School of the Dead (Season 1)

Some good shows in there (and sure I saw Vampire Knight on there before). Lets hope this trend continues.

Advertisement