Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Human remains found in Dublin Mountains

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Could be 200 years old for all we know. I think it's more likely to be a guy who got on the wrong side of someone. Hopefully "closure" for someone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

They usually find victims of gangland murders more often than other long term missing people. I would say gangland victims are buried more haphazardly and in a hurry. Everybody knows bodies are dumped up there. There's no shortage of candidates for who it might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Don't want to over-speculate but the way the body was found was rumoured to be Larry Murphy's disposal method. (I heard this years back from his neighbour) Trees that have fallen down are usually cut somewhere along the trunk and then turned back over. With the amount of trees in Wicklow/Dublin Mountains region it would be impossible to find any body with out a stroke of luck. i.e. the tree stump being uprooted again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It will mean a bit of closure for her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The things people do to other people. :(
    RIP. I hope there can be some identification for closures sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just saw this on the TV3 news, where about's is this Sheehan's Woods where the remains were found? Is it up just behind the viewing point here on the road from Kilakee to Glencree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Seems according to rte 1 news that the remains are of a male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I would imagine there is alot of bodies buried up there in the turf bogs. Hopefully this will bring closure to some family.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Its the remains of a MALE according to the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Indo now says it might be a female.

'Sources close to the investigation said that early forensic indications were that it was a female body.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Is it horrible to hope that it might be Annie or JoJo or one of the other missing?

Tragic of course but at least the families would have closure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nidge might have got his comeuppance

I said it on the night that Darren didn't dig the grave deep enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

If it is a female it is in no way a gangland murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Trees that have fallen down are usually cut somewhere along the trunk and then turned back over.

What? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

They say the body has only been there for about 1-2 years. R.I.P.

Very sad that a lot of families are waiting on news to see if it is their missing family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

RTÉ repeats that it is a male body and will be identified tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Apparently it may be a man or it may be a woman....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Said on the radio this morning that it's a male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

RTE now reporting if it isn't Male it is Female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Good old reliable Irish media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Seems pretty clear that it is male remains, to be identified by dental records and it is a relatively fresh find i.e 2-3 years

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/dental-files-check-may-confirm-man-was-gang-victim-2983591.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Gardaí said the remains had been scattered over an area, probably as a result of animals scavenging.

Examiner.ie

Whatever the choice the man made in life, the details above must be horrific for his family to have to read, .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

realies wrote: »

this part is a bit strange isnt it....
    A photograph of James is available on request via e-mail from the Garda Press Office, e-mail address pressoffice@garda.ie

Why not have it on the website? much more likely to jog someones memory.

SeaFields wrote: »
    this part is a bit strange isn't it....

Why not have it on the website? much more likely to jog someones memory.

Thought so myself, Why would you have to do that,Unless its to keep a record of the people who are interested :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd like to know where it was found exactly. I cycle up that direction a bit, off the beaten track sometimes, you never know at you might come across.

Worrying that you should have dug a deeper hole?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0110/kennymcdonaghj.html

Gardaí have identified the remains of the person found in the Dublin mountains over the weekend as those of James Kenny McDonagh.

The 28-year-old from Islandbridge Court in Dublin had been missing for the past 14 months.

Detectives believe he was abducted and killed by a criminal gang and buried in a shallow grave at Sliabh na Mban Óg, 14km outside Tallaght.

The remains were found beside an uprooted tree in a forest. The discovery was made by two people out hill walking on Sunday

No clothes or any other recognisable items were found at the scene.

Mr McDonagh Kenny was last seen in Bluebell at around 3pm on 27 October 2010 driving a wine-coloured Mazda 626.

Well it brings some closer to his family. Rip.

Advertisement