Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrrelstown, Ongar etc

• 01-05-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi all, just doing a bit of property investigating, was wondering if anyone can tell me what it's like getting in from Ongar/Tyrellstown etc. areas in the mornings? I know there's a train station at Clonsilla but I'm assuming it's relatively inconvenient to make your way there and then get a train on into town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

40d bus from parnell street goes to tyrellstown

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Lots of people walk/take 39 bus from Ongar to Clonsilla station to take train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Ongar is well served by the 39/a/b/c, but be prepared for journey times of up to two hours at peak times. These buses also pass by Clonsilla Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You realise that Tyrrelstown and Ongar are two completely different places?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭cavanmaniac

I do indeed yes, was just referencing that general area.

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm assuming the train is absolute jammers in the mornings as well, that's a given.:o

What's the area like in general, is it quiet and family-oriented or would there be any more anti-social behaviour there than you get in most places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

The trains to Docklands can be ok as they start at Clonsilla, there are some services to Connolly that also start at Clonsilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What's the area like in general, is it quiet and family-oriented or would there be any more anti-social behaviour there than you get in most places?

Might be an idea to stick that question into the Dublin 15 forum.

IMO, both are relatively new areas so haven't had much time to establish a really big anti-social aspect yet, although there have been a number of shootings in Ongar. Like any area you get good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,743 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The bus from tyrrelstown (40d) takes 40-50 mins into town. There is the 38c aswell, but that generally takes 20-30 mins longer depending on traffic. The buses run every 20 mins or so at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There are plans for a new direct bus service from Ongar via the N3 bypassing Clonsilla and Blanchardstown within the next 6 weeks or so - this should reduce journey times significantly over the 39.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TFP

as a resident of Tyrrelstown for the last 3 years, I have no problems with living there what so ever (btw I don't use public transport). The 40d and 39c (i think) are the bus routes serving the village, but as with anywhere in D15 journey times can be a bit of a pain. I believe more express routes are on the cards.

As for overall conditions, it is a very mixed estate but in general it is a young population with many young families and I have found it to be quite sociable and have made many friends in the area.

Anti-social behavour is akin to any other similar sized townland and the allocated community gardai are quite proactive.

check out the community website http://www.tyrrelstown.org/forum and feel free to ask any questions you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement